Forum get together Saturday night

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

As pointed out there is no party on the Saturday night @ LFCC3. There is likely to be a crew party but a lot of us either don't crew or have friends that don't so won't be able to go. In light of this........

I'm suggesting we meet at 8pm at.....

THE VENUE HAS CHANGED AGAIN, SORRY

This post will always have the lastest info in it. So please check back here before you leave to double check the details. It wouldn't change again though :lol:

Tournament, The

344-346 Old Brompton Road

LONDON

SW5 9JU

More info HERE

It's right opposite the event venue and no more than 10 minutes walk from the Ibis. It also has an outside area for nice evenings (let's hope).

They also do food UP UNTIL 8pm. So if you want, you can get there early and eat, if not, don't forget to eat first :D

I am crewing so probably won't be there until about 8pm. But obviously feel free to turn up before then.

Everyone is welcome :P

Please post if you're interested/are going to come along, I don't want to turn up and be alone :D

PS: That's not really going to happen as I have at least 4 people I know will come along with me. But it will be good to have an idea of numbers.

And just in case there are lots of 6'10" guys in the pub. This one's me.....with Rain (Kayla)

Dsc00943.jpg

Edited by Too Tall

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends who's coming (hopefully people I've met before - which isn't many - and pity those that have - lolz!), but I'd love to drag myself along! :D Might have to leave early causa travel and crud (I'm not staying at a hotel - I live in London), but it sounds cool! Can't come on Sunday, either, so this would be nice, to get to know people better and stuff.

So got a dress code? And do they have a dance floor - or do we make our own? Tehe!

NB: PLEASE say they'll be dancing! Lolz. Bring on the dance floor, dudes! :blink: I'm all ready to make a fool of myself :P Hehe. Oh, and how's about that air guitar competition, Nebbitt?! Mwahahaha... :P:blink:

Edited by Cher2a

Looks cool :) Who knows - I may even be able to show my face in public if my purple makeup doesn't come off! Lolz. Seriously, it looks cool :P Shame there isn't any info (that I could see) on the pub itself. Ie - dance space (I'm obbsessed, what can I say :P)!

I WILL BE THERE!!!!

:P

I was doing a recce of the area on Saturday and found this place;

Prince of Wales

(It does food to 9pm. Its is only an alternate suggestion)

Many thanks to Too Tall for putting this togther.

Paul

I'm going to suggest that we meet at the Earls Court Tavern @ 8pm

Everyone is welcome  :P

Forgive me if I'm wrong but wouldn't you have to be over 18? :lol:

That's a very valid point. actually! I'm seventeen :D There are lots of other under eighteens on the board, too, who are going to miss out, if this is the case! **Boo, hoo**...

• Showmasters Admin
I'm going to suggest that we meet at the Earls Court Tavern @ 8pm

Everyone is welcome  :wub:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but wouldn't you have to be over 18? :D

That is a good point.

Some pubs allow over 14s in as long as they're with an adult and not drinking. I'll double check this with the Earls Court Tavern and the Prince of Wales (thanks to Waterboy for the suggestion).

• Showmasters Admin
The London Sci Fi group LOTNA meets that night as well at the Horseshoe Inn near London Bridge station. A bit out the way I know but there will be 20-30 Sci Fi fans already going and if need be we can turn the music up loud as we have our own area.

http://www.lotna.org.uk/

Basil

TBH I was just looking at a local venue so that most people wouldn't have to travel across London at night.

But thanks for the suggestion.