Yet another statement from Showmasters

I think you need to re-read my post, and I'm not really interesting in going round in circles on this. But just to clarify, yes, we still have two stories which don't totally match up: from the OTHER organiser, not Showmasters, and from the agent.

If you look for attacks on Showmasters in everything I write you are going to find them. But you are missing my point: that's it's good for fans to stand up for themselves and question what they are told, whoever it comes from.

Anyway, hopefully fans are now thinking for themselves (or happily ignoring all nastiness if that's their preference). So everyone can make their own decisions. Doubts have been aired and some extra information at least obtained. So I'll say again: to those who go and see Adam, I hope you have fun :hathor:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't believe we have had a statement clearing it all up and people are still bitching!

Not sure it does really, I go to events by both SM and the other event organiser and both run fantastic events, but it just seems to me that its the appearance agent that is not being straight with anyone, telling SM one thing and the other event organiser another. I have no reason to beleive that either SM or the other organiser would lie to any of the attendees or board members.

Sorry to be so negative.

(best evil Willow voice)

bored now.

:pyth:

Same here.... I'm getting a bit fed up popping onto various forums reading the same arguments over and over and over again.

*Yawns*

i can't believe we have had a statement clearing it all up and people are still bitching!

Not sure it does really, I go to events by both SM and the other event organiser and both run fantastic events, but it just seems to me that its the appearance agent that is not being straight with anyone, telling SM one thing and the other event organiser another. I have no reason to beleive that either SM or the other organiser would lie to any of the attendees or board members.

and

we still have two stories which don't totally match up: from the OTHER organiser, not Showmasters, and from the agent.

I'm sorry, I don't see two different stories here. The other con organiser (OCO) had a deadline of 1st June. At that time the situation was

* Adam had filming commitments over that period but was intending to come over here around that time

* at the time of the deadline, he could not confirm the actual flight times because he could not confirm exactly when there will be a break in filming

therefore he was unavailable because of filming commitments, as was announced by OCO.

Subsequent to this, the OCO offer was withdrawn. SM were contacted and given that they could be more flexible with when the flights are actually made (i.e. they didn't need immediate confirmation of flight numbers, times etc), were able to accommodate Adam.

This matches with both SM's story and Adam's agent. Obviously this will seem to differ slightly from OCO's story, but that is because there have been subsequent developments after OCO's story. *

Very much as if I were going to visit friends in Portugal for the weekend, and travel agent A said that there was a great return flight package, but it left on the Friday morning, I would say "normally I work on Fridays (and alas too many other days too :P ), let me see if I can arrange a day's holiday."

If I was unable to confirm a day's holiday by a certain deadline, I would have to say "I cannot confirm that date yet, can I get back to you later?"

"No, I need to know now and no later."

"In which case I cannot take advantage of the package as I have a commitment (indeed a contract) to work on the Friday." (irrespective of whether I could actually confirm the time off a day later or even an hour later).

Since I still want to go to Portugal for the weekend, I shop around a bit and find travel agent B who says "I can get you a similar package but you can delay your flight out until Friday night if necessary, or you can still go Friday morning if you can get the time off" then obviously I would be happy to use travel agent B.

Travel agent A is perfectly correct to say that I had to decline his offer because of my work commitments (at the time of the deadline he was working to), and travel agent B is quite entitled to pick up my business.

* Prime example of a difference in story because of a change in time:

25th May Half Time: "To all intents and purposes AC Milan are European Champions League Champions, having completely dominated the first half and taking a 3-0 lead into the interval. The final is effectively over".

25th May 2 hours later: "Liverpool are European Champions League Champions"

Both stories are correct, but you would have a hard time believing the second one after you'd read the first. But both stories are correct.

I'm sorry, I'm really struggling to see where the discrepancies are. It seems all parties acted in a perfectly decent and above-board manner with regard to contracts in this case, and all the stories tally.

I know it's slightly unprofessional, but....

(best evil Willow voice)

bored now.

:P

luvin the buffy quote there :P;)

• Showmasters Admin

Someone told me it's a fact that Showmasters eat babies and bayonet soft toys on Thursdays :o:o:o

but I was also told it might be Wednesdays ;)

Some ones lying as there are two different stories WITCH HUNT WITCH HUNT :lol::lol::lol:

STOP HAVING FUN AND GET BACK TO WORK, JASON ok

Jason :lol:

Showmasters

and

we still have two stories which don't totally match up: from the OTHER organiser, not Showmasters, and from the agent.

I'm sorry, I don't see two different stories here. The other con organiser (OCO) had a deadline of 1st June. At that time the situation was

* Adam had filming commitments over that period but was intending to come over here around that time

* at the time of the deadline, he could not confirm the actual flight times because he could not confirm exactly when there will be a break in filming

therefore he was unavailable because of filming commitments, as was announced by OCO.

Subsequent to this, the OCO offer was withdrawn. SM were contacted and given that they could be more flexible with when the flights are actually made (i.e. they didn't need immediate confirmation of flight numbers, times etc), were able to accommodate Adam.

This matches with both SM's story and Adam's agent. Obviously this will seem to differ slightly from OCO's story, but that is because there have been subsequent developments after OCO's story. *

Very much as if I were going to visit friends in Portugal for the weekend, and travel agent A said that there was a great return flight package, but it left on the Friday morning, I would say "normally I work on Fridays (and alas too many other days too :lol: ), let me see if I can arrange a day's holiday."

If I was unable to confirm a day's holiday by a certain deadline, I would have to say "I cannot confirm that date yet, can I get back to you later?"

"No, I need to know now and no later."

"In which case I cannot take advantage of the package as I have a commitment (indeed a contract) to work on the Friday." (irrespective of whether I could actually confirm the time off a day later or even an hour later).

Since I still want to go to Portugal for the weekend, I shop around a bit and find travel agent B who says "I can get you a similar package but you can delay your flight out until Friday night if necessary, or you can still go Friday morning if you can get the time off" then obviously I would be happy to use travel agent B.

Travel agent A is perfectly correct to say that I had to decline his offer because of my work commitments (at the time of the deadline he was working to), and travel agent B is quite entitled to pick up my business.

* Prime example of a difference in story because of a change in time:

25th May Half Time: "To all intents and purposes AC Milan are European Champions League Champions, having completely dominated the first half and taking a 3-0 lead into the interval. The final is effectively over".

25th May 2 hours later: "Liverpool are European Champions League Champions"

Both stories are correct, but you would have a hard time believing the second one after you'd read the first. But both stories are correct.

I'm sorry, I'm really struggling to see where the discrepancies are. It seems all parties acted in a perfectly decent and above-board manner with regard to contracts in this case, and all the stories tally.

Ok stop with the essays, do you know what was told to the OCO? Have you bothered to look on the OCO board. I have hence the 2 different stories.

• Showmasters Admin
do you know what was told to the OCO?

different stories.

Yes, I rang the OCO before posting on here yesterday. We both felt the the facts were pretty much the same and we didn't have any real misunderstanding at all. After I explained how the offer had come to us he felt we were not to blame in any way. I hope that stops all this now, and I can get back to finding soft toys and sharpening my bayonet.

Jason

Ok stop with the essays, do you know what was told to the OCO? Have you bothered to look on the OCO board. I have hence the 2 different stories.

I have and couldn't see a statement from him at all aside from that Adam couldn't get the time off work.

I think that by having Adam's convention organiser come on these forums and post up a statement explaining the situation to the fans was generous. It didn't have to be done but it was and for that I'm sure people are grateful.

Now can we please stop the bickering? :lol:

thankyou cat in boots for quoting the "essay" now we have to read it twice! :lol:

you could just have said the user's name like here no need to quote EVERYTHING! :lol:

Tommy T I thankyou! your post makes alot of sense to me! :lol:

(though maybe for the benefit of others, it might be best to make your points without so much text!! :lol: )

Someone told me it's a fact that Showmasters eat babies and bayonet soft toys on Thursdays  :lol:  :lol: 

Jason :lol: 

Showmasters

Someone told me that not only do Showmasters do the evil willow voice but they also dress up as her *g* :o

Jenny

Who just spent far to much time working out what OCO was and now needs to go drink whatever Jason's on :lol:

The difference in the two stories is the fact that if the flights thing and withdrawing offers is true, then the other con organiser left these vital facts out and is letting people on his board blame Adam , if Showmasters' quote is true.

The way he posted his statement was clearly meant to cause people to infer he had been hard done by.

Whether or not he was treated badly is between him, Showmasters and Adam and his agent. But there is a discrepancy there in what he's letting people believe (which is fine if it's true) and what Showmasters say happened.

• Moderators

I think we've got as much clarification and fact as we're gonna get!

People can write whatever the hell they want, but the situation is how it is, and Adam is attending LFACC3.

We should just be happy with that fact now because no matter how much some people wanna join this board and bitch about the situation - IT'S NOT CHANGING.

Move on ... enjoy the other con if ur going, and let people here enjoy this one!

• Showmasters Admin

This debate seems to go on for ever. Well if you want more info I suggest contacting the other organiser yourself. When I spoke to him the other day I asked him to add to his statement to clarify some things (some thing I think would of helped clear up this sitation a lot sooner) but he declined.

All to their own I suppose, we all have different ways of doing our jobs. We have given you all the facts, as has Mr Baldwin's people, so if you need more I suggest asking on the other organiser's forum and getting an answer out of him as we have no more facts to give you. Let's hope his site has as much freedom of speech as we offer and you get the infomation you seem to need.

Now I'm really not going to waste any more time on this, we have a show to run and I hope you will all enjoy it.

Now back to the count down. Only 3 weeks to go.

Jason

Blimey, all this fuss about some 'niche' actor (or to put it another way 'small time') that I've never heard of. From a show I've never heard of. Probably a really nice guy and all that, but hey....the guy is coming isn't he?

Its not like Showmasters have announced him as coming and never confirmed anying with his people, just to hook you all into showing up at Earls Court - then he is cancelled. Adam Baldwin is coming and no doubt hundreds of thousands of fans are beginning to start a queue for him already.

Some people just love to stir things up just for the sake of it.

Now if SMs announced that Elvis was definately attending (but probably only on the Sunday as he has a late shift at McDonalds on the Saturday)....mmmm then I'd be a wee bit sceptical.

Although if anyone can book Elvis, Jason can...... Or so he tells me

Someone told me it's a fact that Showmasters eat babies and bayonet soft toys on Thursdays  :D  :o  :o

Really? That's absolutely shocking! :o

Someone ought to punish them for such terrible behaviour. Someone with adequate firepower. I'll look around my storage room and see if I can find anything suitable.... :lol:

Edited by Morden