Which was your favourite?

Cher2a

Which film franchise is best, in terms of comic adaptation?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which film franchise is best, in terms of comic adaptation?

• Spiderman
    • X-men
    • Hulk
    • Daredevil
    • Elektra
    • Superman
    • Batman
    • Punisher
    • Hellboy
    • Other/All/None

So which comic to movie adaptation is the best, in terms of characterisations, plot, special effects, acting, and overal screenplay etc, then?

Some of these franchises have been around for quite some time, also. Any particular personification (actor) that you enjoyed best? Or perhaps you preffered the original Hulk tv series to the film, or the Punisher original to the new movie.

Share your opinions, please. I am curious as to the results of my enquiry - perhaps it will shed some light on the lack of funding that particular sequal scripts are recieving, or the poor reviews that certain films have been getting. Are these in fact deserved, or understated, even? Your call ;)

Edited by Cher2a

Well the thing that you need to know about the Hulk film is that the cinematography is a real treat (reminds me of SW), and the storyline is intruiging (although quite different to the comics), but the acting leaves a lot to be desired (although having watched it several times I think that this is perhaps to add to the comedic effect of some of the characterisations - for instance the General is extreamly overdone, and rightly so, because he's a comedy in himself - lolz), and the CGI is very poor, spoiling the Hulk in every way possible. It's a good film, until Bruce actually Hulk's Out, at which time you pretty much lose interest. I prefer the book adaptation - hehe ^_^

Glat to see you enjoy your comic movies, Mich! :lol: Any you like best?

It was a toughie between xmen and spiderman, but i went with spiderman. I think both sequals are better than the first.

Yeah, I have to agree with you on that one - the sequals were definately better.

I think the reason is that there options were more open for the sequals, since the characters had allready been introduced, and the main plot set, etc. The number threes might even be better (if that is possible - lolz)! :P

Why isnt Sin City part of this poll?

As it was not I voted for Hellboy.

Sorry, dude! Limited space (only ten options), and the movie hadn't been released yet... Sorry! Still, you coulda voted "other". Good choice, Hellboy, though! <_< Can't wait for the sequal, personally.

after seeing it today batman begins!!! excellent very dark!! not a bad cartoon like the clooney one!!

Also really liked xmen 1+2.

worst comic adaptation has got to be the cheapo nic fury with david hasselhoff as the lead character! absolutley terrible!!!

the orignal version of punisher and the most recent one are just as bad as each other aswell!

I have to say Sin City is the best yet, but for a long time my favourite was the original blade film, this is just amazing and really well done. Spiderman also very good and breaking away from public opinion i really liked the hulk and what ang lee did with the film, better than just making another lets see how much money we can make blockbuster (cough fantastic four cough)! Mind you gonna to see batman begins at the imax tonight which will probably be my new favourite, it is simply impossible for this film not to be awesome!

I have to say Sin City is the best yet, but for a long time my favourite was the original blade film, this is just amazing and really well done. Spiderman also very good and breaking away from public opinion i really liked the hulk and what ang lee did with the film, better than just making another lets see how much money we can make blockbuster (cough fantastic four cough)! Mind you gonna to see batman begins at the imax tonight which will probably be my new favourite, it is simply impossible for this film not to be awesome!

Totally agree with you on all accounts, dude! Great minds think alike :D Although I haven't seen Sin City, yet... :P:( Will do, though! :(

• 2 weeks later...
X-Men or Batman (well, SOME of the Batman movies anyway)

But, as others are saying, Sin City would have got my vote if it had been there! It's SO GOOD :P:lol:

Don't teeeease! I haven't seen it, yet!!! :P! Oh, but I will... :lol:

• 5 weeks later...