ANSWERS for Newbies - Look before posting.

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin
aaahh, that's quick work hun....so who is this fair maiden?

It's been about 3 weeks ;)

Her real name is Sarah, she's torres on the forum :wub:

You'll get to meet her next weekend :D

well we have been kinda introduced b4 but yes im sure we'll meet again at LF3 :D

Ooohh Have we? :P:blink::P:lol::lol: ( was I drunk?) :rolleyes:;):D:lol:

Sarah was with Al and I at the Enterprise talk on the Saturday at "the other London event" the other weekend. I did quickly introduce you.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin
This is my first time going to a convention and i am just wondering what is the average price for autographs of comic guests or is it the same as film guests?

Sorry I really don't know. Hopefull a comic fan will be able to answer this one. Give it a couple of days if no one answers, I suggest you start a new thread to ask.

Comic fans???????

• Showmasters Admin
  • Showmasters Admin
:gorgeous: 

Obviously SM do agree with your opinions  ;)

yo too tall,since you are the man who can get answers

see if you can get anwers to these for me.

well tis was a surprise free talks

so can you get all the tickets at once when you get to the booth or will there be separate queues for each talk

how many tickets for each talk

can you only get the tickets from 9am so you have to be an earlybird to get the tickets.

is it only 1 ticket per person

if they have already been answered point me in the right direction please

cheers bigfella

At LFCC2 you just went up to the org booth for the tickets there was not specific queue.

How many tickets for each talk? I'm not sure I'll check.

I would guess that the tickets will start to be given out at 9am. It makes sense that an earlybird ticket gets you earlier into the talk queue as well and the guest queues.

I believe it will be like VT tickets, so one per person, but that will not stop you from going up again later and getting a second one.

To try and put peoples minds at rest, at LFCC2 there were plenty of tickets and I was not aware of anyone not getting the tickets they wanted. Even for the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost talk that was very full a friend of mine got a ticket only 15 minutes before the talk.

• Moderators
Unfortunately Joss Whedon will be working over the weekend of LFCC so will be unable to attend this time.

From the front page, just in case anyone asks :lol:

And it's been updated with guest days, some cars .. etc :rolleyes:

• Showmasters Admin

There is no problem with giving gifts. Please do be aware that the guests rarely take these things with them when they leave.

Basically don't waste your money on anything too expensive. Either go for something they may like to eat or drink (sweets, chocolate, beer). Or something different and personnel. I know one girl on here that gives people vegetables. Sounds odd but they remember her and that's the point really, you want them to remember you from the crowd.

Trust me you'll get the same positive reaction out of a £1 bag of sweets or a 4 pack of beer as you will out of a £10 generic teddy bear and they're more likely to enjoy the sweets, than to take the bear home.

Edited by Too Tall

• Moderators

And as a point to the food gift thing .. don't bring home made stuff cuz they're always gonna be cautious of what's in it! Poison etc .. I know it's a lil overreacting but ya can never be too safe, so they probably won't eat it! B)

I would imagine you could bring your own bottled water. I know some places get funny if you bring your own food/drink, but to be honest I can't see it being a problem. I always usually take my own drinks in to venues :P

Too Tall thanks for the tips!, when did you become a mod then?, hows Al?

:P

I recognise the avatar it can't be if its you welcome back and I bet your glad your mate Too Tall is a mod