Is Billie Quitting As Well

Aspen

Ah found it from the sun

Billie Piper quits Dr Who

By SARA NATHAN

DR WHO bosses were dealt a second blow last night when Billie Piper quit.

Blonde Billie, 22, may appear in only THREE episodes of the second series.

The shock came just weeks after Christopher Eccleston announced he would not be back for a second series as the Time Lord.

A BBC insider said: “Billie will feature in some episodes of the second series. But her character Rose won’t be the Dr Who companion at the end of it.

“It’s a nine-month hard slog of filming. Chris and Billie were knackered.

“Billie’s really proved herself as an actress in Dr Who and she’s been bombarded with offers of work both in England and in America.”

It has been claimed Billie could appear in just three episodes of the second series, but programme bosses hope she will stay for around seven.

A source said: “No decision has been made about how many episodes she will be in, but it looks likely she will come in and out.”

Filming of the new series, with David Tennant as the Doctor, starts in July.

Insiders claim Rose’s on-off boyfriend Mickey, played by Auf Wiedersehen Pet star Noel Clarke, will become Dr Who’s full-time companion.

Nor me - I'm definitely under-whelmed by this news. :angel:Not Noel's fault, just that I hate the character. And much as I tried to like her, I've found Rose irritating beyond belief, so I'm very glad Billie Piper is leaving.

Edited by yeltz-lass

Insiders claim Rose’s on-off boyfriend Mickey, played by Auf Wiedersehen Pet star Noel Clarke, will become Dr Who’s full-time companion.

Sweet Jesus, I hope not! :rolleyes:

Noel is fantastic ! And the 9th Doctor's relationship with Mickey to date could make for great viewing !

I *do* like the Michelle Ryan idea though .....

Billie was never a "traditional" companion, but the relaunched show was never "traditional" !

There was always too much of a sexual undercurrent between Chris & Billie - after all, the kiss was Paul McGann's critical downfall !!!

Edited by dufresne

I'm sorry they are both leaving!

I started watching this series with apprehension, because I have never been a fan of Christopher Eccleston, but I stuck with it and now I love him as The Doctor. Even Billie Piper was better than I thought she would be.

I don't know much about David Tennant. I don't think I have ever seen him in anything, so it will be interesting. I'll miss Mr Eccleston though.

I'm not too sure about Michelle Ryan either, but no doubt, if she gets the part, she will prove me wrong too :lol:

Where did you read that?

Last I heard she was only confirmed for a few episodes of the second series.

It was in the News of the World, so it doesnt neccesserily means its true but it was definately in the paper!

Horrible rumour in our local paper that Jennifer Ellison wants the role - yuk  :D    If that was the case Noel Clarke you have my vote.

:lol: Same here :D

And here! :lol: But then, "want" doesn't always "get", thank god.

I've warmed to the idea of David Tennant as the Doctor, I'll admit - but neither Michelle Ryan nor Jennifer Ellison get my vote as assistants; why does the assistant have to be a young, nubile female? How f***ing boring for female viewers!! :o It's been a long, loooooong time since DW was the sole province of the "boys", so why not have an older, more intelligent female asst - we had it with Sarah Jane, eg, so it can be done! :D

I like the idea of Capt Jack sticking around - that could be fun! :lol:

I hope she stays but if she does go I don't want another attractive, young girl companion just yet. A guy would be cool for a few episodes at least otherwise it looks like the Doctor is a bit of a letch who just wants to hang around with pretty ladies.

There was always too much of a sexual undercurrent between Chris & Billie - after all, the kiss was Paul McGann's critical downfall !!!

That's what's making me cringe when I watch DW. B)

Jon Pertwee never tried to shag Jo Grant !

Tom and Lalla came close, but they married in real life !