I am your Father..

DarkElfUK

Well I was thinking last night about a few scenes.

Sidious talks about how his former master learnt how to manipulate the MidiChlorians to create life..

So might this suggest his former master or Palpatine himself, may be Anakins true Father. Anakin was born a virgin birth and was apparently concieved by the Midi Chlorians..so could Palpatine or his Master have been the one to manipulate the Midi Chlorians for this birth..

Any thoughts?

Sidious talks about how his former master learnt how to manipulate the MidiChlorians to create life..

So might this suggest his former master or Palpatine himself, may be Anakins true Father. Anakin was born a virgin birth and was apparently concieved by the Midi Chlorians..so could Palpatine or his Master have been the one to manipulate the Midi Chlorians for this birth..

Any thoughts?

I reckon she met a jedi (they still have needs) she got drunk after some pod races, the deed was done and then the jedi mind trick wiped her memory!

Any thoughts?

Good point actually. One for the TV show to explain perhaps?

Any thoughts?

Good point actually. One for the TV show to explain perhaps?

No.no.no she was in a bar and commented on the size of the guys lightsaber, the rest is history.

Any thoughts?

my b/f and i had the same convo after seeing the film on friday, we came up with the same conclusion :D

*sigh* Did you even read my post?? Well read it again.

It is only a theory based on what was said in ROTS ...no offence..but I don't think Palpatine or his master would confront Shmi to let her know that they're impregnating her from a far. I'm not finding the virgin birth hard to understand, i think you're finding this post hard to understand...jesus.

Well I was talking to one of my friends about it and he said that in one of the earlier drafts of the script Palpatine reveals that he's the one who manipulated the mediclorians into creating Anakin and tells him, "so in a way, I am your father." But it was later cut though.

Apparently it's all in a book called: The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith by J.W.Rinzler (which shows the movie being made pretty much day by day).

but I don't think Palpatine or his master would confront Shmi to let her know that they're impregnating her from a far.

Classic! :unsure:

And yes I would go with the theory Palps did that, heck he did that still makes it a virgin birth and the chosen one just the phrophecy was not well read. As all things it is down to interpretation when it is read.

Well I was talking to one of my friends about it and he said that in one of the earlier drafts of the script Palpatine reveals that he's the one who manipulated the mediclorians into creating Anakin and tells him, "so in a way, I am your father." But it was later cut though.

Apparently it's all in a book called: The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith by J.W.Rinzler (which shows the movie being made pretty much day by day).

very interesting, i wonder why it was left out :lol:

Darth Plagus was Palpatines Master but whether Plagus used his power to create Anakin is not known and I doubt it will be unless there is a book written about it.

Not that i'm picky but it is plagueis

from seeing the film, i thought that maybe plagueis or palpatine may have had something to do with the virgin birth of anakin.

but palpatine became all old and rinkled looking due to his excessive use of the force while fighting mace, so wouldn't using to force to manipulate the midichlorians have made him appear that way before he does in ep3? would this rule out palpatine?

also, when did palpatine kill plagueis? was it before the birth of anakin? if so this would rule him out?

i hope this makes sense!?!

I have to admit that my initial reaction was that Palpatine was lying to him, however the theory you all have does make complete sense. I do still like the idea that he's a pants on fire though.

You only wish Hayden's pants were on fire so you could put the flames out, then kiss him better :huh:

I have to admit that my initial reaction was that Palpatine was lying to him, however the theory you all have does make complete sense.  I do still like the idea that he's a pants on fire though.

You only wish Hayden's pants were on fire so you could put the flames out, then kiss him better :P

What kind of sick pervert do you take me for? I would use savlon first and then kiss it better.

Now stop hijacking serious threads.

Sorry folks.

:vader: Palpatine is Anakins father ( kind of ) he must have messed with the mediclorians and created him as he had someone special in mind to be his apprentice from Episode 2 ( he didn't really care about the deaths of Darth Maul or Dooku as he had some in mind to take over )

The only thing that i don't understand is why is Palpatine so certain that Darth Vader is stronger than him and will take his place as ruler in the galaxy ( Episode 3 he tells Yoda that Anakin is stronger than both of them and again in The Empire Striles Back when Vader askes Luke to join him and destroy the Emperor ' he has forseen it' )

Then in Return of the Jedi, The Emperor askes Luke to take Vaders Place as his Aprrentice, i mean come on, now the emperor doesn't think that vader is any good anymore?

its cos palpatine wanted the agile extremely gifted dark jedi and what he got was a mindless robot who was a crap compared to what anakin was because darth is all machine now