Questions for cosplayers

I'm curious about other costume people and I thought it would nice to set up some general questions to get a chat going about csotumes. Feel free to add questions.

1 - How long have you been a cosplayer?

2 - What was your first costume?

3- What was your best reaction to a costume?

4 - What was your worse reaction to a costume?

5 - what is your sigiture costume (who are you known for)?

6 - Make own props or buy them?

7 - What is the greatest length you have gone for to finish a costume

8 - What changes have you made to yourself to complete a costume?

9 - Best celeb reaction to a costume?

10 - What to you would be the ultimate costume?

Crikey!! I can't answer half of those questions...

Firstly - C8 will be my first public outting in a costume since hmmm book week at school ( I went as Hermione!)

secondly... I first got into dressing up in costumes when I was hmmm 4 or 5... ahh dressing up!! Never left as such... always seemed to be planning for a fancy dress party... or at university - a themed club pub crawl... We did a lot of those! Heheheheh

I've not had any celebrities ever seen me in costume, though am looking forward to the experience! I got very odd looks for a uni video module, when a bunch of my friends and I ran a pyjama party in a pub, during a world-cup match... heheheheh that was fun... especially the reactions to some of the guys when asked if they wanted to join the party in the girls loos... hmmm half-dressed girlies or football?? tough choice!

I like to make my costumes myself, but it really does depend on how able I am to do that, in terms of time and effort etc. Sometimes it's far easier to just buy something! (not as much fun though!)

Actually, I'm making my ultimate costume at the moment... I've been longing for my own blood-red arwen dress for years, and now it's nearly finished! Course - I also think it'd be hella cool for someone to go as a Balrog!! lol

3 or 4 years, not that long really!

a Klingon costume I made to go to a Star Trek convention! :angel:

Well my Xena one got lots of postive reaction!

Lots of people made comments about me being too fat for my Storm costume, which hurt my feelings!

Urm....Xena I think!

Make 'em.

Forgoing sleep on a regular basis for the night before the con to get the sewing done

I've dyed my hair and been on severe diets quite a few times!

I can't remember, had a few nice ones but none that really stand out!

Ooooh not sure! A really 100% accurate movie X-Men uniform I'd say!

1 - How long have you been a cosplayer? Since October 2004

2 - What was your first costume? Arwen's dream gown from TTT.

3- What was your best reaction to a costume?Probably my White Padme Battle suit, although not sure why!

4 - What was your worse reaction to a costume? Hmmm... none really...

5 - what is your signature costume (who are you known for)? N one yet, because I'm still a beginner!

6 - Make own props or buy them?So far have only bought... not had chance to make any yet.

7 - What is the greatest length you have gone for to finish a costume Hmm, again, none yet.

8 - What changes have you made to yourself to complete a costume? I wore a wig! :lol:

9 - Best celeb reaction to a costume? Billeh, cos he wrote on my pic of me and him "Looking lovely", and he and Paul Norell chatted about my dress when Paul bumped into him in Bonn!!!!!

10 - What to you would be the ultimate costume? Hmmm... Probably one of Queen Amidala's...

3 or 4 years, not that long really!

a Klingon costume I made to go to a Star Trek convention! ;)

Well my Xena one got lots of postive reaction!

Lots of people made comments about me being too fat for my Storm costume, which hurt my feelings!

Urm....Xena I think!

Make 'em.

Forgoing sleep on a regular basis for the night before the con to get the sewing done

I've dyed my hair and been on severe diets quite a few times!

I can't remember, had a few nice ones but none that really stand out!

Ooooh not sure! A really 100% accurate movie X-Men uniform I'd say!

(4 - What was your worse reaction to a costume?

Lots of people made comments about me being too fat for my Storm costume, which hurt my feelings!)

stuff like that really annoys me!! :lol::lol: *and ther so perfect :P:rolleyes: * i doubt it very much!

(been on severe diets quite a few times!)

the severe part dosent sound very healthy/safe :unsure:

1 - How long have you been a cosplayer? Since October 2003

2 - What was your first costume? Lara Croft

3- What was your best reaction to a costume?A little lad who who was very sick, who wanted his picture taken with Catwoman

4 - What was your worse reaction to a costume? none really...

5 - what is your signature costume (who are you known for)? Coronation Arwen

6 - Make own props or buy them? Make them

7 - What is the greatest length you have gone for to finish a costume Suffereing glue gun burns, and sore fingers sewing leather

8 - What changes have you made to yourself to complete a costume? Losing a lot of weight to be Lara( Safely, and it took me a year)

9 - Best celeb reaction to a costume? Well,Craig Parker said I looked wonderful in my Arwen dress( bless him).Also, the reaction on Chris Barrie's face when he looked up to see about four Lara's looking at him, was priceless.

10 - What to you would be the ultimate costume? Something from the new 'Underworld'film. Armour is something I haven't attempted to make yet, but if I did I would make it from craft foam

Edited by Mich

1 - How long have you been a cosplayer? Eh forever. About 4 years. But I've been doing costumes forever cause of fancy dress at horse shows.

2 - What was your first costume? J'hiera from Angel

3- What was your best reaction to a costume? One of the kids at C7. "Excuse me do you go to Hogwarts?"

4 - What was your worse reaction to a costume? Some townie twats at college laughing at me for dressing up to raise money for charity

5 - what is your sigiture costume (who are you known for)? Used to be Eowyn but now I've cut my hair its Alan Tracy

6 - Make own props or buy them? Bit o' both

7 - What is the greatest length you have gone for to finish a costume? Making my HP robe stayed up till 6.30am on Friday and had 15 mins sleep before having to get up and go get my train

8 - What changes have you made to yourself to complete a costume? Cut my hair

9 - Best celeb reaction to a costume? Can't remember

10 - What to you would be the ultimate costume? Kroenen from Hellboy and Iceman from X-Men movie in his full leather suit.

Now to answer my onw questions,

Since 1992 (yeek! I feel old!)

The sixth Doctor Who

About 50+ people wanting my photo at SFX con two yesrs ago when I was dressed as Legolas

only five photo wanted my photo when I was dressed as Legolas at C7

For a while now it was Legolas but now I think it could become Lucius malfoy

Make them (have brought on occasion when i couldn't be arsed to build them).

Sewing for 16hours straight before a convetion.

Dieting on several occasions. Giving myself face fuzz when doing Will turner.

Domanic Monagahan. To my Leggy at C4. He asked me to do a twirl and then said that Orlando would be proud.

I think anyone pulling off Saroun from LOTR would rock. Or a Balrog. For me I would like to achive a costume that will stand the test of time.

Lady of the Relm>> Would you be interested in an Amidala red dress from Episode one. Its the signiture one with the head dress and has the lights at the bottom. I have one that I don't want anymore and I would love to give it a good home.

Alright then, my turn,

1 - How long have you been a cosplayer? 11yrs approx

2 - What was your first costume? Sylvester McCoys Doctor Who outfit

3- What was your best reaction to a costume? Heh, would be the Screaming

from a hall full of women apon entering the Disco dressed as Jack Sparrow at Master Of the Ring.

4 - What was your worse reaction to a costume? Me Jack Sparrow totally bombed at a Stargate Con

5 - what is your sigiture costume (who are you known for)? Thats easy, Cpt Jack Sparrow

6 - Make own props or buy them? Make them (coz I usually can't afford to buy em

7 - What is the greatest length you have gone for to finish a costume I think that I have yet to discover that

8 - What changes have you made to yourself to complete a costume? wot aside form a sex change?

9 - Best celeb reaction to a costume?[COLOR=blue]Clare Krammer from buffy thought I was sexy, otherwise its usually the delayed OMG!thats a woman from most celebs, kinder keen to found out wot Johnny Depp would think of a trans man Jack.

10 - What to you would be the ultimate costume? Already doing it as Cpt Jack

Well reading me answers It looks like I'm totally obsessed, oh well :D

Edited by Cpt Jack

the severe part dosent sound very healthy/safe B)

Lol! It's a bit of an "Oh s*** I've got a week and a half to the con, I'd better eat as little as possible or I won't fit into the costume!!" thing generally :P

I think anyone pulling off Saroun from LOTR would rock. Or a Balrog. For me I would like to achive a costume that will stand the test of time.

Could you imagine someone actually trying to squeeze through the crowds by the stalls, or up the small queues to the tables wearing a full balrog costume?? If I didn't think it would be impossible to do without breaking the wings, I'd be seriously considering that about now!! lol (thinks... hmmm I wonder how long it'd take to make a human-sized balrog costume out of papier mache??)

I won a fancy dress competition in January with a masquerade dress/mask and wings (big wings, made of wire and material like in Ever After!) but they got pretty battered at the party! lol I have them pinned to my wall now - safest place for them... very tempted to get them down for an SM party at some stage (though not C8) I have a photo somewhere round here...

masqueradeliz1.jpg

Lizzi xxx

the severe part dosent sound very healthy/safe :unsure:

Lol! It's a bit of an "Oh s*** I've got a week and a half to the con, I'd better eat as little as possible or I won't fit into the costume!!" thing generally :unsure:

ok :unsure: , i get the point :firedevil:

9 - Best celeb reaction to a costume? Well,Craig Parker said I looked wonderful in my Arwen dress( bless him).Also, the reaction on Chris Barrie's face when he looked up to see about four Lara's looking at him, was priceless.

I would to of been in Chris Barrie's shoes. Four Lara's :huh:

1- How long have you been a cosplayer?...............................................about a year and a half?

2 - What was your first costume?............................................................Helms Deep Elven Archer

3- What was your best reaction to a costume?.......................................see above

4 - What was your worse reaction to a costume?....................................None that stand out

5 - what is your signature costume (who are you known for)?................I only have two costumes :rolleyes:

6 - Make own props or buy them?.............................................................make them

7 - What is the greatest length you have gone for to finish a costume....leaning leather working for my next project

8 - What changes have you made to yourself to complete a costume?.....none whatsover

9 - Best celeb reaction to a costume?..........................................A few, Alan Lee asked to take my picture.

10 - What to you would be the ultimate costume?................hmm...tricky. I think my Archer one, when it's finished :rolleyes:

Edited by wyrdsister

1 - How long have you been a cosplayer? A few weeks! Hehe

2 - What was your first costume? Trish from Devil May Cry

3- What was your best reaction to a costume? The look on my mate's faces - lolz

4 - What was your worse reaction to a costume? Confused people trying to figure out who I was when I Trish'd myself up :lol:

5 - what is your sigiture costume (who are you known for)? Not applicable yet, I don't think

6 - Make own props or buy them? Make them.

7 - What is the greatest length you have gone for to finish a costume? Colouring hair and clothes

8 - What changes have you made to yourself to complete a costume? Colouring hair and clothes

9 - Best celeb reaction to a costume? Smiles :rolleyes:

10 - What to you would be the ultimate costume? For me it has to be crossplaying as Vash The Stampede from Trigun, or cosplaying as Vampirella! Lolz. Both very daring, I think :lol:

um hobby wise for 3 years...

Lara Croft ( Traditional Version)

I had people saying Thankyou for portraying the cartoon/comic version of Rogue and not the movie version.

I had somebody say i looked nothing like princess Jasmine and i looked wrong.......*idiots*

I would like to think Rogue from X-men

Make props, buy costumes....some of them anyway

um....staying up till 1am 3 nights running even though every morning i had to be up at 6am! that was for Lara Croft Legend.

um....i had nail extensions for my Lara Costume and i spend 30 mins covering my tattoos too.

Ha! Frank Bruno dragging me into a little room just to stare at me in lycra!

Also Craig Parker looking at me in the queue- looking away- then looking back and saying "cute princess jasmine costume" *dies!* B)

Well im allready in love with my Rogue costume but i would love to either have a fully working Spiral from X-men or have the figure for Wonder Woman!

Also Craig Parker looking at me in the queue- looking away- then looking back and saying "cute princess jasmine costume" *dies!*[/color] :P

I remeber that. I was crew for Kate Jackson and it was a quiet moment with her so I spotted you approaching Craig and I remebered his reaction.

I just noticed the bad spelling and missing words in my previous post. It should read, "I would of loved to have been in Chris Barrie's shoes, four Lara's :wub: ".

Ha! Frank Bruno dragging me into a little room just to stare at me in lycra!

Also Craig Parker looking at me in the queue- looking away- then looking back and saying "cute princess jasmine costume" *dies!* :rolleyes:

Show off! :unsure:

About 2-3 years, though I rarely dress up for cons.

Ariel the Little Mermaid.

*grins madly* I dressed up as She-Ra from the cartoon once, and my neice took exactly 40 pictures.

My PVC catsuit. Cus I'm skinny, the only curves I have are the ones on my joints, so this catsuit made me look like this hideous shiny skeleton!

Ariel, since it was the first one I ever did.

Both! I pay my mate to make what I can't buy.

Heehee! There was a Rocky Horror themed party at an event and I had left my corset at home, so I went in search of an adult shop to see what I could find. Was 2 hours late to the party and had to put up with a corset 1 size too small. It was agony, but it looked good!

Spending copious amounts of time in the gym, and suffering badly for it.

Vincent K blatantly staring when at a Carry On themed party. I went as Carry On Barbie and wore this string bikini top that covered nothing!

A perfect Shiva from FFX-2. That would be simply sublime.

About 4/5 years i think now

Lara croft was my fisrt costume Cosplay wise :)

I did a chartiy event for 'Make a Wish Foundation' as Princess Leia and presented children with life thretening illnesses 'Junior Jedi' awards. Some of the little kids there i will never ever forget how proud they were to get this award.

As Leia when i was doing CIN cheque handover some radio chap came up to me and live on radio said 'Hey you look nothing like Princess leia' Least i didnt smell like a Nerfherder like him though :P Then also at the NEC someone said 'I didnt know they let Nuns in the convention' :angry::P

Id say Princess Leia or Black Cat but im tying to move on from Leia atm

I buy some i make some - id have a job making a gun TBH LOL

The usual sewing all night but last month i was heading to a pomo thing for Legoland ... i drove 120 miles to it - got there - made a joke like haha wouldnt it be funny if i had forgotton my dress now - looked in the car - i forgot my dress!!!!!!!!!! :lol::o:angry: I had to drive 120 miles back home - then 120 miles back to Legoland !!!! LOL

I try to diet - it doesnt work LOL. I did have a nose job but that was for me not for my costumes - (i look bette in costumes now though lol not just like a witch!!)

Brian Thompson grabbing me infront of everyone and totally feeling my ass and loudly shouting "Can i spank you? - Hey its latex!!! Look how tight that is!!!!" ;):lol:

Everytime a new film comes out i think something new is awesome. Ill get back to you on that LOL Actually id really love my Zam Wessle to work out good hehe

About 4/5 years i think now

Lara croft was my fisrt costume Cosplay wise :)

I did a chartiy event for 'Make a Wish Foundation' as Princess Leia and presented children with life thretening illnesses 'Junior Jedi' awards. Some of the little kids there i will never ever forget how proud they were to get this award.

As Leia when i was doing CIN cheque handover some radio chap came up to me and live on radio said 'Hey you look nothing like Princess leia' Least i didnt smell like a Nerfherder like him though :o Then also at the NEC someone said 'I didnt know they let Nuns in the convention' :angry::lol:

Id say Princess Leia or Black Cat but im tying to move on from Leia atm

I buy some i make some - id have a job making a gun TBH LOL

The usual sewing all night but last month i was heading to a pomo thing for Legoland ... i drove 120 miles to it - got there - made a joke like haha wouldnt it be funny if i had forgotton my dress now - looked in the car - i forgot my dress!!!!!!!!!! :o:angry::lol: I had to drive 120 miles back home - then 120 miles back to Legoland !!!! LOL

I try to diet - it doesnt work LOL. I did have a nose job but that was for me not for my costumes - (i look bette in costumes now though lol not just like a witch!!)

Brian Thompson grabbing me infront of everyone and totally feeling my ass and loudly shouting "Can i spank you? - Hey its latex!!! Look how tight that is!!!!" :P:P

Everytime a new film comes out i think something new is awesome. Ill get back to you on that LOL Actually id really love my Zam Wessle to work out good hehe

As Leia when i was doing CIN cheque handover some radio chap came up to me and live on radio said 'Hey you look nothing like Princess leia' Least i didnt smell like a Nerfherder like him though

What a joke....YOU look more like Princess Leia than Carrie Fisher does... ;)

1 - How long have you been a cosplayer? Since 1995

2 - What was your first costume? one of the brides of Dracula from Gary Oldman version.(no pics though) first recorded was movie catwoman

3- What was your best reaction to a costume? Having a minor fanclub start around me for being Callisto!

4 - What was your worse reaction to a costume? Ive had some chavs make negative comments....mostly whilst in MK...But nothing i pay much attention to

5 - what is your sigiture costume (who are you known for)? Well for a while it was Callisto, and many people know me for that (some people actually think the character Callisto has a tattoo now cos i do!!) But i think Selene is now.

6 - Make own props or buy them? Depends. I buy weapons, but make everything else.

7 - What is the greatest length you have gone for to finish a costume 8 months- hand sewed Callisto

8 - What changes have you made to yourself to complete a costume? dyed / cut hair many times just for costume!! Also try to keep weight down!

9 - Best celeb reaction to a costume? Having the actress who played Callisto, Hudson Leick hug me and say i was her little twin cos my costume was soo accurate, that made my day!!

10 - What to you would be the ultimate costume?oh gods......um. I thought it was Demon Callisto....then i made it!......Well the big one in the pipeline is Alayah Seccura the Twilek Jedi from SW3, due again to body paint and prosthetics..plus losing more weight lol!..im sure ill think of others though when i see them!