DVD boxsets: £20 each!

RangerGirl

It's as if Amazon know how skint we all are after C7...All the DVD boxsets, seasons 1-6, are only £20.97! No idea why, since they're usually twice that, but who cares!

Lord knows I need something to get me through the C7 withdrawal symptoms...

Edited by RangerGirl

• Moderators

I'm quite interested in getting them if they're cheap - out of interest do you think they'll ever re-release them in different and cheaper packaging like Fox has with X Files/Buffy/Angel etc? I mean I know £20 IS cheap enough as it is, just worried about shelf space :D

I'm quite interested in getting them if they're cheap - out of interest do you think they'll ever re-release them in different and cheaper packaging like Fox has with X Files/Buffy/Angel etc? I mean I know £20 IS cheap enough as it is, just worried about shelf space  :D

I suppose it is possible but the packaging has been getting cheaper as it is, Season 2-5 has the DVD cases in thick card boxes but Season 1 and 6 come in really thin card boxes which are really easy to damage.

What they should do is re-release them in the packaging that the Dutch R2 releases are in, takes up the same amount of space as 2 DVD cases and I personally think the packaging is alot nicer.

6and7Front.JPG

6and7Side.JPG

Season6Open.JPG

Season7Open.JPG

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

I'm quite interested in getting them if they're cheap - out of interest do you think they'll ever re-release them in different and cheaper packaging like Fox has with X Files/Buffy/Angel etc? I mean I know £20 IS cheap enough as it is, just worried about shelf space :unsure:

Get em!! They're cheap as, you cheap ass! :unsure:

And those Dutch sets look really funky! Cooool!

Wish I didn't pay £28 or however much I did for em! Boohoo!

Nah, was free P&P from orders over £19 and I bought a few other things as well.

I have a weird thing about my DVD's. They have to bought in this country and region 2, I'm sure other people have other quirks like that right? :lol:

Nah, was free P&P from orders over £19 and I bought a few other things as well.

I have a weird thing about my DVD's. They have to bought in this country and region 2, I'm sure other people have other quirks like that right? :rolleyes:

I know some people who will not buy any Region 2 because of the higher prices and 4% picture speed up, I always go for the release with the best features, usually it is R1/3 but sometimes its R2, in this case I went for the lower price and seeing as it is also Region 2 it will play on my friends DVDs players which are not mutli-region.

God, those Dutch boxsets are so much nicer. It really does bug me that the UK ones are so amazingly bulky...apart from taking up shelf space and the extra money you pay for packaging, it just doesn't look nice. Meh, but now that I've got three seasons on region 2 I don't really want to fork out again... :P

• Moderators

I got SG1 S1 for 17.99 off SendIt.com .. no doubt it's cheaper somewhere else but it'll do for me and good for anyone starting out :D The others r cheaper on Amazon tho.

Whoo hoo i only Season 4 + 6 to get o complete my collection so basically i'm getting the two for what i normally pay for 1.

Plus i'm with their rental thing so i get a discount on all DVD's.

thank you amazon.

i know i can hardly talk i had up to the end of Season 5 on video. with only 2eps per video.

Can you imagine the space that took up.

Infact all my shows i used have on video. Thatnk god for sales on DVD.

Dude thats impressive.

I have to admit i'm probably at that or over it.

but i've been good selling ones i don't watch on amazon like 6 feet under and Dawsons Creek i watch them once and thats it.

Oh if onlyI had some money I could add some more to my collection *sulks* and pay day is not for two more weeks, damn the new job!!!! Hope the offer will still be on then *crosses fingies*

Shelby x-x-x

Oh if onlyI had some money I could add some more to my collection *sulks* and pay day is not for two more weeks, damn the new job!!!! Hope the offer will still be on then *crosses fingies*

Shelby x-x-x

If not play.com have them at £25 pretty much all the time :D

• 2 weeks later...

Colonel Jack O'Neill where did you get the Dutch ones from, if you don't mind? (I mean what site)

They look really cool and so I thought I might get them for my boyfriend for his crimbo and birthday presents if there not to expensive, they would certainly be different....As he is in an SG group with me and always watches it when round my house, oh and has no SG dvd's at the mo it seems an ideal gift for me to get him ;)

:lol:

LLAP :lol:

Colonel Jack O'Neill where did you get the Dutch ones from, if you don't mind? (I mean what site)

They look really cool and so I thought I might get them for my boyfriend for his crimbo and birthday presents if there not to expensive, they would certainly be different....As he is in an SG group with me and always watches it when round my house, oh and has no SG dvd's at the mo it seems an ideal gift for me to get him :blush:

:huh:

LLAP :saiyan:

I got them from site www.dvdzone2.com/dvd/