Dean Stockwell

Get this for a tale of woe!

On Sunday morning, myself and Mrs. Morpheus drove all the way down to MK from Sheffield (120 miles). Obviously we came to see many guests but my wife was especially excited about seeing Dean Stockwell as she is a big Quantum Leap fan. We also wanted to get a signed photo for her mother's birthday as she too is a big fan of QL.

At about 3pm we went to see what Stockwell's queue was like. There was no queue so before meeting him my wife said "I want to buy him some cookies!". So off we went to Millie's (or whatever company it was) and bought him a big packet of assorted cookies. Upon our return, Stockwell was nowhere to be seen and his wipeboard now read "Gone for today".

My wife was absolutely gutted. We had only been five minutes and were under the impression that guests would not just get up and leave without warning and certainly not at such an early hour. We had travelled all that way to get a really cool and original birthday present for her mother (as well as one for ourselves) and then it felt like we had been kicked in the teeth. My wife was nearly in tears.

Which Ferengi Rule of Acquisition reads "No good deed goes unpunished"? That one certainly resonated with truth on Sunday.

Not a happy bunny.

I'm really sorry that you missed out on Dean, I was there on Sunday too, I met him at around 2pm and at that point he was extremely tired looking. You have to remember that he is an old man and had been there every day. I understand why you would be upset though. It's best to see your guest as soon as you can, because often they have to leave early for some reason. I was lucky to be in the last few to meet Tony Head, if I had left it a few more minutes I would have missed him too.

Yes he did look tired at 3pm but I don't think it's asking too much to put something on the wipeboard like "Going at 3:10pm" or something. It's used to announce breaks and lunchtimes and whatever.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, I was Dean's Guest Assistant on Sunday.

He was very tired, and by the time he left, no-one had come to see him for quite a while. He said he wanted to go for a nap, coz it had been his busiest day which he wasn't expecting, as someone told him that Saturday would have been.

It's up to the Guest when they leave. He was very very tired, but all the same, he was lovely during the day to everyone he met :D

It's up to the Guest when they leave. He was very very tired, but all the same, he was lovely during the day to everyone he met :lol:

Surely he would have been contracted to sign for the duration of the day, otherwise you could have guests just up and walking after an hour.

It doesn't seem to make any sense.

I guess though you never know quite what will happen, a guest may feel unwell for example and will have to stop, so the lesson really is to go and see the guest at the first opportunity.

Agree though that if this was on the cards, there should have been a notice to say that he was stopping signing in 15 mins or perhaps an announcement over the tannoy so that everyone was made aware.

It's up to the Guest when they leave.  He was very very tired, but all the same, he was lovely during the day to everyone he met  :blush:

Surely he would have been contracted to sign for the duration of the day, otherwise you could have guests just up and walking after an hour.

It doesn't seem to make any sense.

I guess though you never know quite what will happen, a guest may feel unwell for example and will have to stop, so the lesson really is to go and see the guest at the first opportunity.

Agree though that if this was on the cards, there should have been a notice to say that he was stopping signing in 15 mins or perhaps an announcement over the tannoy so that everyone was made aware.

That would have been rather difficult as at the time he left, he said to me something along the lines off: "I'm so tired, I'm going to go and have a nap." I asked him if he was going to be coming back, and he said that he was way too tired and wanted some rest before tomorrow, gave me his M&M's and went back to his hotel :)

To be fair he was always one of the first guests there in the morning from what I saw and was a lovely guy. There were others who didn't make it till gone noon *cough Corin*.

That's true, he was the first one there in that part, sunday at least, if not every day!

I think I remember you, did you ask about whether they could post autographs? I remember someone wanting to see a guest on sunday and they had travelled very far to see them.

To be fair he was always one of the first guests there in the morning from what I saw and was a lovely guy. There were others who didn't make it till gone noon *cough Corin*.

leave the poor guy alone! LOL bless him! i remember at c5 he was quite late getting there the sunday morning that time too!!

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, I was Dean's Guest Assistant on Sunday. 

*waves at Fliss*

And a fine job you did too!!! Dean was so cool...although he seemed a bit pissed! Cracked me up when he kept calling Jenny 'Jelly'

Ah, simple minds :blush::P

hehe! When I was speaking to him and Corin after their talk he was taking the mickey out of my accent and started speaking really high pitched to take the ****! Annoying at first but then I just went along with it, he was a cool guy :D

*waves at Fliss*

And a fine job you did too!!! Dean was so cool...although he seemed a bit pissed! Cracked me up when he kept calling Jenny 'Jelly'

Ah, simple minds :rolleyes::P

*girly fan squeals*" ahhhhhhhhh!!"

"Do you know him or something??"

"Yeah, it's Lee!!!!"

:lol::lol:

bless him :lol:

*waves at Fliss*

Ah, simple minds :lol::P

"Yeah, it's Lee!!!!"

:lol::lol:

bless him :P

Haha :lol:

OMG I didn't squeal did I? :rolleyes::o:P

*waves at Fliss*

Ah, simple minds :o:P

"Yeah, it's Lee!!!!"

;):lol:

bless him :D

Haha :D

OMG I didn't squeal did I? :wub::o:P

I dunno, I did!! I think I scared him slightly :(:lol:

I must admit I was a bit disappointed with Dean too. I wasn't exactly verbose myself because of getting up at the crack of dawn, but he either seemed really knackered or just NOT in the mood. Ah well, I got an auto and a photo, but I would have liked him to seem a bit more with it! Still, it was Dean, so it was cool :)