C7 Crew Good or Bad

...........why not have 4 or 5 crew whose jobs are to relieve other crew members so they can have breaks? I'd happily go around covering people's posts whilst they go grab a bite to eat or something. B)

I know that we had a few people doing this as when I was sat with Daphne Ashbrook, one of my mates was what they called a 'spare' so they covered people's breaks, although a few more would be better and would probably make things a whole lot easier.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that we had a few people doing this as when I was sat with Daphne Ashbrook, one of my mates was what they called a 'spare' so they covered people's breaks, although a few more would be better and would probably make things a whole lot easier.

Oh ok! It's good to hear that there are some people who do that. Yeah maybe a few more would help.

Warning: parental advisory. Positive feedback ahead. May be harmful to your health

I will reiterate what I posted in another thread.

Not everyone is going to have the best of experiences. There are just too many people to please.

I myself encountered polite, and not so polite crew over the weekend, but you either dwell on it, or get on with it and not let a bad experience ruin your weekend. On the whole I can't complain at all.

Special thanks go to the girls on the SM desk on Saturday morning. One girl with short spiky dark hair and another 'pit boss' girl with long fair hair near the SM desk.

Also, there was another Pit Boss with American/Canadian (maybe?), accent working the queues near JRD, Sean Astin and Bernard Hill on Saturday morning (NOT JCB). I am sorry I don't know your names to thank you personally, but you know who you are I hope.

Without going into too much detail, they were fantastic helping me out with a ticket mix up and thanks to them, my day, and my weekend, was complete...so a massive thank you and much appreciation to all concerned. You did a great job and I have nothing but praise for you.

Edited by Strider

i read about two pages of this thread....if anyone is wondering i am the crew member with black patched up trousers. i would just like to say that the only people who can authoritively comment on the performance of the crew are the pit bosses and the guests, and the crew themselves. as far as rudeness goes, there were a craptastic amount of people at the event, and let me say as an outside objective point of view, in my wide and varied experience, the british public are one of the more abrasive. a bit more than half, to be fair. this was evidenced by 4 days worth of taking abuse by all the thousands of people who just wandered into the event to gawk at the guests. now i have no problem telling those people where to stick it. so, if i was rude to you, either it wasn't intentional, or you damn well deserved it. anybody who was not involved with the show can't really add anything other than an impression. in the cases of rudeness that i saw 90% of them were performed by daniel logan, and the other 10% were performed by the british. i rest my case. also i think this thread feels more like a chopping block than anything else.

C7 crew were crap, esp that bitch with barnaby edwards sunday, what a mong :lol::lol::wub:

:rolleyes:

Ermmm...Douglas was nice he brought me a sandwhich :lol:;)

I actually cant be arsed to read any of this thread ;)

i read about two pages of this thread....if anyone is wondering i am the crew member with black patched up trousers. i would just like to say that the only people who can authoritively comment on the performance of the crew are the pit bosses and the guests, and the crew themselves. as far as rudeness goes, there were a craptastic amount of people at the event, and let me say as an outside objective point of view, in my wide and varied experience, the british public are one of the more abrasive. a bit more than half, to be fair. this was evidenced by 4 days worth of taking abuse by all the thousands of people who just wandered into the event to gawk at the guests. now i have no problem telling those people where to stick it. so, if i was rude to you, either it wasn't intentional, or you damn well deserved it. anybody who was not involved with the show can't really add anything other than an impression. in the cases of rudeness that i saw 90% of them were performed by daniel logan, and the other 10% were performed by the british. i rest my case. also i think this thread feels more like a chopping block than anything else.

I LOVE YOU BOBBY :rolleyes:

" and the girl who was sat with nalini on the sat aswell!!  Oh how i envy her!  Nalini was so friendly and to be sat with her all day must have been great!"

Nice to have some positive feedback! :rolleyes:

Thanks, i tried my best. happy to help if i can!

and by the way,i didn't vote as i was crew.

you were ace. we were a team and a half! woo <33

x x x

HEAR, HEAR!

Some 'crew' chucked their duties at the very first opportunity because they were doing something they regarded as boring or beneath them (i.e. not PA-ing guests or being based in the Green Room all weekend!!).

It's THEIR loss.  The rest of us enjoyed the responsibility and varied experience and had a fantastic time.

Pauline XX

Now I know who this is being aimed at and I would just like to say that a couple of the crew at the party on the sat night were asked by Steff if they would like to continue working or to join the party, just because they decided to party this doesn't mean that they were throwing their duties away, this was purely due to the fact that by the time the party came around they had too many crew. Unlike during the day when they only had four of us.

I have always enjoyed the varied work I have had at events and enjoyed crewing the talks over the weekend and helping some of the fans that were there and getting to know them. I had a great time and look forward to LFACC and C8.

Kirsty x x

HEM!!

Pardon me while I fall about laughing.

All I can say is - if the shoe fits, wear it.

P. XX

Wot a load of bollocks!! The only people who matter are the public that pay the wages of the guests, the crew and the event organisers. You have just proved that your lot hold us all in utter contempt, and I for one will never give Showmasters another penny. I think there are many more who won't bother to complain but will just boycott your events in future. I doubt even Showmasters would be stupid enough to condone your views, so I reckon you just talked yourself out of any future employment with them as well.

Hey!  Are you the lad I gave a taxi lift to on the Monday morning - when I was heading for the coach station and the KOH premiere?  Hi if you are!

We talked about crewing.  I loved my weekend and was proud to 'represent' showmasters.  I was as helpful and protective as I could be to my lovely Dr. Who 'celeb' on the Sunday (Deborah Watling) and thoroughly enjoyed sharing the time spent with her.

I agree that the 'fangirls' can completely ruin a crewing team experience but as you say it is difficult to know beforehand who will squee and moan about not being with this one or that one and who will knuckle down to work!

Pauline XX

Hi Pauline..this probably isnt the thread for this but hey,Im Kym the girl on the door with you at the C7 party.Thanks for the company,I had a good time chatting with you.

Hope you had a good time at the KOH premiere.

Hey Kym!

So nice to hear from you. I really enjoyed chatting to you, too. I'd been sitting on my own - quite happily! - for hours but it was very nice to have company.

The KOH premiere was quite an experience. I was lucky enough to be reasonably close to where The Divine One would be walking but a last-minute addition - a HUGE camera rig and extra barriers - put paid to my chances of actually getting an autograph (I was right in front of the cinema, 2nd row, and on course for a dream come true - but alas it was not to be!) I got crushed, got a digi camera in my left eye, got touched up repeatedly by a foreign lad of about 25 and had to SNARL at him to get him to stop (!!) and had to stand bolt upright in the one position for hours and hours and hours... My feet suffered agonies. When I headed for the tube my leg muscles were trembling!

But I saw him in the flesh. He smiled and waved. Sigh.

Better luck next time, eh? At least I was close enough to see him. Hundreds were far less fortunate!

I hope we meet again soon, Kym. I'd love to crew with you at a future con.

Love,

Pauline XX

Edited by orlandopassion

• Moderators
i read about two pages of this thread....if anyone is wondering i am the crew member with black patched up trousers. i would just like to say that the only people who can authoritively comment on the performance of the crew are the pit bosses and the guests, and the crew themselves. as far as rudeness goes, there were a craptastic amount of people at the event, and let me say as an outside objective point of view, in my wide and varied experience, the british public are one of the more abrasive. a bit more than half, to be fair. this was evidenced by 4 days worth of taking abuse by all the thousands of people who just wandered into the event to gawk at the guests. now i have no problem telling those people where to stick it. so, if i was rude to you, either it wasn't intentional, or you damn well deserved it.  anybody who was not involved with the show can't really add anything other than an impression. in the cases of rudeness that i saw 90% of them were performed by daniel logan, and the other 10% were performed by the british. i rest my case. also i think this thread feels more like a chopping block than anything else.

Wot a load of bollocks!! The only people who matter are the public that pay the wages of the guests, the crew and the event organisers. You have just proved that your lot hold us all in utter contempt, and I for one will never give Showmasters another penny. I think there are many more who won't bother to complain but will just boycott your events in future. I doubt even Showmasters would be stupid enough to condone your views, so I reckon you just talked yourself out of any future employment with them as well.

Talked himself out of future employment? Ya don't even know the guy, so don't start saying crap about him. In fact you dont know sh*t about ANY of the crew, yet for some reason you believe they should ALL be sacked!

Let's face it, ur just talking out of your spam now, so I think you should stop it. Look at the numbers on the poll - and that's just the people on this forum who have bothered to vote! There are PLENTY of people who aren't on this forum, and I didn't hear too many complaints!

Luckily it appears some people have a lil more sense than u do!

Edited by DavidB

everybody please remember that it was me who chased that guy away FOREVER (swoon)

besides i thought my post was really funny but i can see how someone might...blah blargh oh go drown in a lagoon of pig feces. i specifically labeled contept to members of the public who just wandered in (and the english)....but the first few lines of my post probably sent you into a spastic rage and you neglected to read any further. i bet if you ran things there would be alot more hugs.

HEAR, HEAR!

Some 'crew' chucked their duties at the very first opportunity because they were doing something they regarded as boring or beneath them (i.e. not PA-ing guests or being based in the Green Room all weekend!!).

It's THEIR loss.  The rest of us enjoyed the responsibility and varied experience and had a fantastic time.

Pauline XX

Now I know who this is being aimed at and I would just like to say that a couple of the crew at the party on the sat night were asked by Steff if they would like to continue working or to join the party, just because they decided to party this doesn't mean that they were throwing their duties away, this was purely due to the fact that by the time the party came around they had too many crew. Unlike during the day when they only had four of us.

I have always enjoyed the varied work I have had at events and enjoyed crewing the talks over the weekend and helping some of the fans that were there and getting to know them. I had a great time and look forward to LFACC and C8.

Kirsty x x

HEM!!

Pardon me while I fall about laughing.

All I can say is - if the shoe fits, wear it.

P. XX

I have just 6 words for you pauline grow up and get a life!

If you don't believe a word I am saying then maybe you should ask Steff himself and Chris, I believe his name was, who was stood there with me when he said it...get both sides of the story before giving your unwelcome opinion in the matter.

Edited by eowidith_aura2004

Warning: parental advisory. Positive feedback ahead. May be harmful to your health

I will reiterate what I posted in another thread.

Not everyone is going to have the best of experiences. There are just too many people to please.

I myself encountered polite, and not so polite crew over the weekend, but you either dwell on it, or get on with it and not let a bad experience ruin your weekend. On the whole I can't complain at all.

Special thanks go to the girls on the SM desk on Saturday morning. One girl with short spiky dark hair and another 'pit boss' girl with long fair hair near the SM desk.

Also, there was another Pit Boss with American/Canadian (maybe?), accent working the queues near JRD, Sean Astin and Bernard Hill on Saturday morning (NOT JCB). I am sorry I don't know your names to thank you personally, but you know who you are I hope.

Without going into too much detail, they were fantastic helping me out with a ticket mix up and thanks to them, my day, and my weekend, was complete...so a massive thank you and much appreciation to all concerned. You did a great job and I have nothing but praise for you.

Thats Sharon i believe (the pitt boss with a different acsent), she'll be happy to hear that :rolleyes:

i read about two pages of this thread....if anyone is wondering i am the crew member with black patched up trousers. i would just like to say that the only people who can authoritively comment on the performance of the crew are the pit bosses and the guests, and the crew themselves. as far as rudeness goes, there were a craptastic amount of people at the event, and let me say as an outside objective point of view, in my wide and varied experience, the british public are one of the more abrasive. a bit more than half, to be fair. this was evidenced by 4 days worth of taking abuse by all the thousands of people who just wandered into the event to gawk at the guests. now i have no problem telling those people where to stick it. so, if i was rude to you, either it wasn't intentional, or you damn well deserved it.  anybody who was not involved with the show can't really add anything other than an impression. in the cases of rudeness that i saw 90% of them were performed by daniel logan, and the other 10% were performed by the british. i rest my case. also i think this thread feels more like a chopping block than anything else.

Talked himself out of future employment? Ya don't even know the guy, so don't start saying crap about him. In fact you dont know sh*t about ANY of the crew, yet for some reason you believe they should ALL be sacked!

Let's face it, ur just talking out of your spam now, so I think you should stop it. Look at the numbers on the poll - and that's just the people on this forum who have bothered to vote! There are PLENTY of people who aren't on this forum, and I didn't hear too many complaints!

David, I wouldn't waste my breath if I were you, if people have anything against the crew then that is their problem. People are bound to have different opinions it's just a shame that they can't give them constructively and have to turn nasty instead.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

• Moderators

Aww ... why not? It'd be funny :rolleyes:

Aww ... why not? It'd be funny :rolleyes:

:wub: need I say more? hehe!

Aww ... why not? It'd be funny :wub:

haha, nice one :rolleyes:

Sorry David, but I think Hooli has a point in this rare case (although naturally the way it was put destroys any credance his post may have.)

Bobby said that the public can't comment on the stewards and only pit bosses and guests can... that is nonsense. If a member of public has a complaint with a member of crew, then that needs to be listened to. The pit bosses can't watch EVERY crew for every second of every day.

Bobby seems FAR too keen to tell people to stick it ('no problem telling those people where to stick it') which I don;t think is the attitude that should be shown by someone representing showmasters. Yes, the punters are rude, obnoxious, ignorant and often downright stupid... but telling them where to 'stick it' should be the absolute last option.. not the first. It is THAT kind o attitude that needs to be stamped out. If a member of crew can't deal with some numpty attendee without resorting to that, then they shouldn't be crewing.

Sorry David, but I think Hooli has a point in this rare case (although naturally the way it was put destroys any credance his post may have.)

Bobby said that the public can't comment on the stewards and only pit bosses and guests can... that is nonsense. If a member of public has a complaint with a member of crew, then that needs to be listened to. The pit bosses can't watch EVERY crew for every second of every day.

Bobby seems FAR too keen to tell people to stick it ('no problem telling those people where to stick it') which I don;t think is the attitude that should be shown by someone representing showmasters. Yes, the punters are rude, obnoxious, ignorant and often downright stupid... but telling them where to 'stick it' should be the absolute last option.. not the first. It is THAT kind o attitude that needs to be stamped out. If a member of crew can't deal with some numpty attendee without resorting to that, then they shouldn't be crewing.

finally a voice of reason :wub: tbh i was surprised at david b taking that attitude :wub:

Hi,

As a 40-something year old with a lot of experience of people, I thought the crew at the James Marsters stand were extremely rude. In particular the “gentleman” handing out photographs and the one “organising” the queue.

Shouting at customers (please note that when you pay for something you become not just a fan, but a customer as well, with some rights) at inappropriate times, telling people to move this way and that, and generally pushing their weight around.

There was a crew member who was trying to “squash up” the Sean Astin queue, which was annoying, but at least he was polite about it.

Currently the poll stands at only 73% saying that the crew members were rated “good”. In most industries, if a customer satisfaction rating were that low then the Management would have a heart attack :wub: Less than 90% is an extremely poor performance. Those involved should be ashamed of themselves and the way they acted.

Remember, this is a vote by the people who hand over the money.

Cheers,

Karen