that the teachers refused to dissapear

-

and the fireworks

i love those high jinxers twins...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy Mallet was a figure from my British Childhood, he hit everyone on the head with an ickle mallet made of sponge foam and well sung 'itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini'

and I if the twins were a bad influence then erm well yeh don't let me near nayone XD

Timmy Mallet was a figure from my British Childhood, he hit everyone on the head with an ickle mallet made of sponge foam and well sung 'itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini'

Hahahahaa When you said that I thought that it was something you made up when you were little. :lol:

the lyrics are as follows...

She was afraid to come out of the locker

She was as nervous as she could be

She was afraid to come out of the locker

She was afraid that somebody would see

One, two, three, four, tell the people what she wore

[ It was an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka-dot bikini

That she wore for the first time today.

An itsy bitsy teentie weenie yellow polka-dot bikini ]

So in the locker she wanted to stay.

Two, three, four, stick around we'll tell you more

She was afraid to come out in the open

And so a blanket around she wore

She was afraid to come out in the open

And so she sat bundled up on the shore

Two, three, four, tell the people what she wore

[ repeat ]

So in the blanket she wanted to stay.

Two, three, four, stick around we'll tell you more

Now she is afraid to come out of the water

And I wonder what she's gonna do

Now she is afraid to come out of the water

And the poor little girl's turning blue

Two, three, four, tell the people what she wore

[ repeat ]

So in the water she wanted to stay.

From the locker to the blanket

From the blanket to the shore

From the shore to the water

Yes there isn't any more.

Hey Rain... I'm afraid that I completely disagree with you.

How can it be wrong to show kids rebelling against an authority that is so egregeously BAD? Merry pointed out that it was FUDGE who was causing mayhem in the MoM, but look at what Umbridge was doing at Hogwarts! Remember Harry's detentions? And remember that when Fred and George made their Great Escape, Filch had just received permission to WHIP the kids, via Umbridge's new orders from Fudge?

Or should they have all been good little boys and girls never questioning authority or taking action to correct things? This would have made for some very wishy-washy go-along-just-to-get-along citizens who would have given up to Voldy without a fight, IMHO. :D

Besides, the pranks Fred and George pulled were great! While they aggrivated the hell out of Umbridge and Filch, they never actually harmed anyone, nor had any real potential to harm anyone.

I think the pranks were fully justified and dead on target! :D

i agree.

i don't think JK has done anything bad, i don't think she will influence kids to misbehave. surely people are going to rebel anyway if they think somethings wrong.

x x x

hahahaha, no it was an actual song and it reached the UK number 1, does this not scare you?

LOL! I remember when that song was number 1 the first time around... by Brian Hyland in 1960! LOL! :firedevil: It came out right after Ursula Andress "shocked the world" by appearing in a James Bond movie wearing a bikini.

A lot of novelty songs made it to #1 during the late 50s/ early '60s. Another one I can remember is, "The One-Eyed, One-Horned Flying Purple People Eater". LOL! :firedevil:

i agree.

i don't think JK has done anything bad, i don't think she will influence kids to misbehave. surely people are going to rebel anyway if they think somethings wrong.

x x x

Right on :).

A professor such as McGonagle is merely strict... but effective. What Fudge did in the MoM was unbelievably stupid, given Dumbledore's supposed track record for being right. However, Umbridge was just plain evil. There was no excusing her behavior.

There's a fine line. A strict professor can be extremely effective, and note that there is no record of Fred and George playing pranks on her. McGonagle is strict but fair... and a student is more likely to notice whether a teacher is fair than he/she is to notice that the teacher is strict. But once you go over that fine line, you stop being effective and just encourage everyone to rebel. Once you go over the line, you're either stupid or evil, and neither option is something that should be tolerated, IMHO.

Reese