Anarchy in OoTP

rainbowsparkle

The dictionary defines Anarchy as "general lawlessness and disorder" and "the absence of government".

I think this is a very dominant theme in HP and worthy of discussion, simply because I feel that JKR was, at times, irresponsible to include so much anarchy in the story. There is no doubt that this could be a bad influence on impressionable youngsters, leading them to do all kinds of ridiculous things, such as letting off rude fireworks and trying to drop chandeliers on people. It doesn't help that Ms Rowling actively encourages this behaviour by showing the teachers to be in favour of pranks which can only be described as evil.

In particular, Ms Rowling needs to write out the characters of Fred and George Weasley as soon as possible, since they are without doubt the ringleaders of this terrible behaviour, and they and Ms Rowling will be equally to blame when (and it is only a matter of time) youngsters start deliberately trying to poison themselves and each other in an attempt to get out of classes.

Hmmph.

:lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She must have been coming to her sense at the end of the last book and is probably going to punish them in some terrible way in HBP because of it. This will teach the children that behaviour like that is just not acceptable.

She must have been coming to her sense at the end of the last book and is probably going to punish them in some terrible way in HBP because of it. This will teach the children that behaviour like that is just not acceptable.

Yes indeed. And to die at the hand of Voldemort would be a fitting end, for all their misdemeanours. And if Ms Rowling has any sense of social responsibility at all, she will show that behaviour such as theirs is always punished. And that should stand as a warning to all impressionable youngsters.

I think she is working on it rain, I mean think about it they are like James and Sirius with the pranks and look what happened to them. I think Fred and George's time is coming to an end very soon.

I think she is working on it rain, I mean think about it they are like James and Sirius with the pranks and look what happened to them. I think Fred and George's time is coming to an end very soon.

Yes, they will die! Ins inevitable! :angry:

Yes indeed. And to die at the hand of Voldemort would be a fitting end, for all their misdemeanours. And if Ms Rowling has any sense of social responsibility at all, she will show that behaviour such as theirs is always punished. And that should stand as a warning to all impressionable youngsters.

but now they have a respectable job and earning money

setting an example of young people, to get a job and earn money.

p.s. soz if i offened anyone with my earlier post,

i was shocked to the bones with thought of loosing the twins...

i wont really kill anyone.

honest

but now they have a respectable job and earning money

setting an example of young people, to get a job and earn money.

p.s. soz if i offened anyone with my earlier post,

i was shocked to the bones with thought of loosing the twins...

i wont really kill anyone.

honest

ah but that is setting an example of misbehaving is going to get you far in life, that is not a good example to set :angry:

We can only hope. However, I have a bad feeling about Arthur Weasley. I think JKR might be planning to have him cause anarchy in the MoM and try to depose Fudge. It's not on. Popular writers should not be seen to be encouraging such actions within Government. I mean, to show a teenager behaving so in a school is one thing, but to depict a grown man behaving that way in government should not be allowed.

Of course it is inevitable that these characters must perish! one only has to look back to George Orwell's 1984 to know that the powers that be must always win out, even in literary fiction.

how ever,

fudge now believes arthur and the rest i.e. dumbledore about voldy coming back, and if you cast your minds back, you will find that it was fudge causing mayhem in the MoM, setting spies about, splitting up families and such likes

Ah, you raise a good point. Yes. I will have to think about that. Thank you.

:D

And now, I shall have to leave you but I look forward to coming back, probably on Friday, since tomorrow is Get ****- oops, I mean Pub Quiz night, and joining in with this enlightening discussion.

Night all. :D;):rolleyes:

We can only hope. However, I have a bad feeling about Arthur Weasley. I think JKR might be planning to have him cause anarchy in the MoM and try to depose Fudge. It's not on. Popular writers should not be seen to be encouraging such actions within Government. I mean, to show a teenager behaving so in a school is one thing, but to depict a grown man behaving that way in government should not be allowed.

Of course it is inevitable that these characters must perish! one only has to look back to George Orwell's 1984 to know that the powers that be must always win out, even in literary fiction.

absolutely i agree 100% and especially with Mr Tibbles and the monkey in the tree and the poppinjay in the hole under the door.... :D:rolleyes::D;)

Mr. Tibbles?

i've never read/seen 1984 so...

how ever i've seen animal farm, and have come to the conclusion that the slytherins are like the pigs (the nasty ones like napoleon) always out for what they can get, and wont let anyone stand in their way. damn pigs...

never liked pigs, specially when i saw that film...

never liked watership down neither

-huggles Tammi- don't worry I shall protect you from the wrongness of this thread, plus I am more inclined to see that darling Fred and sweetie George would go down fighting or joking if they went down at all and the author of such ideas may have only been writing such things for a reaction!

I think Timmy Mallet was a far worse influence anyway XD

Edited by Tippin

Hey Rain... I'm afraid that I completely disagree with you.

How can it be wrong to show kids rebelling against an authority that is so egregeously BAD? Merry pointed out that it was FUDGE who was causing mayhem in the MoM, but look at what Umbridge was doing at Hogwarts! Remember Harry's detentions? And remember that when Fred and George made their Great Escape, Filch had just received permission to WHIP the kids, via Umbridge's new orders from Fudge?

Or should they have all been good little boys and girls never questioning authority or taking action to correct things? This would have made for some very wishy-washy go-along-just-to-get-along citizens who would have given up to Voldy without a fight, IMHO. :lol:

Besides, the pranks Fred and George pulled were great! While they aggrivated the hell out of Umbridge and Filch, they never actually harmed anyone, nor had any real potential to harm anyone.

I think the pranks were fully justified and dead on target! :D

No they were rebels, they must be stopped! :lol:

En garde! :D

Yes! They were rebels! And good on 'em! All actions worthy of the 1776 Minute Men :D

I love rebellious kids :P. Sometimes you want to pinch their heads off, but more often than not, they're very entertaining ;).