What is your most treasured item that is signed by

mightymax

A guitar signed by Kris Kristofferson, John Prine, Nanci Griffith and Ralph McTell (all at different times)

or another guitar signed by Don Felder of The Eagles

or a teapot signed by Pauline McGlynn (Mrs Doyle from Father Ted) - she signed "Will you have a cup of tea ? Ah go on !"  :lol:

WOW Dufresne that's awesome :P:lol:;)

Go you lol, when and where did

you meet all those top people??

:D

Edited by FreakAccident

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My most treasured piece of signed memorabilia is King Theoden's sword (as used by Bernard Hill in the scene where Gandalf passes Theoden the sword - The Two Towers)

Signed by Bernard Hill, Ian McKellen and Peter Jackson

...but of course I'm lying! I don't have that at all *shoots self*

Really it is my signed Gollum or Princess Leia pic :lol:

Edited by theoden_of_rohan

My most treasured piece of signed memorabilia is King Theoden's sword (as used by Bernard Hill in the scene where Gandalf passes Theoden the sword - The Two Towers)

Signed by Bernard Hill, Ian McKellen and Peter Jackson

...but of course I'm lying! I don't have that at all *shoots self*

Really it is my signed Gollum or Princess Leia pic :P

Lmao hahahaaaaa :unsure:

yea mightymax, I give him an Irish teddy, (for a few reasons) and not only did write that on the auto, he wouldn't take any money from me...which makes it more special. lovely man! still cant believe Ive met my fav actor

Yeh I've met him a few times now and he is real pleasure to meet, he signed my Aliens V Predator poster and he started rolling it up for me, he was like im treating you like one of my own kids doing all this work for you, I looked at him strange cause im 28 LMAO but yeh he's a great guy and he likes his chocolate. The last time i met him he had a carrier bag full of chocolate bars

A guitar signed by Kris Kristofferson, John Prine, Nanci Griffith and Ralph McTell (all at different times)

or a teapot signed by Pauline McGlynn (Mrs Doyle from Father Ted) - she signed "Will you have a cup of tea ? Ah go on !"  :wub:

WOW Dufresne that's awesome :D;):lol:

:o

In the same order as above :

1. Backstage at various concerts (i work for a ticket outlet, and in local radio)

2. Charity golf tournament 2001 - even got into clubhouse that night - he was jamming with other players - John Lodge (Moody Blues) and Hank Marvin (Shadows)

3. Book signing for her second novel (which I also got signed).

I love unusual (esp three dimensional) items signed. John Prine also signed a toy train (you'd have to know his music), Dirk & Dwight signed my A Team van, David Soul signed S&H car, Ernie Hudson signed my Stay Puft Marshmallow man ! I've also got loads of signed CDs, concert set lists etc, as well as a few more guitars, signed by the Finn Brothers, The Beautiful South, Travis, and Stereophonics (three of them).

Only Fools & Horses scripts signed by Boycie, Marlene, Trigger, Mike, Denzil, Sid and Mickey Pearce,

James Bond generic poster signed by George Lazenby, Brit Eckland, David Hedison, Samantha Bond, Yaphet "The Legend" Kotto, Eunice Gayson, Honor Blackman, Robert Davi .....

God you've got me started now !

or a teapot signed by Pauline McGlynn (Mrs Doyle from Father Ted) - she signed "Will you have a cup of tea ? Ah go on !"  :angry:

WOW Dufresne that's awesome :wub::wub::D

:D

In the same order as above :

1. Backstage at various concerts (i work for a ticket outlet, and in local radio)

2. Charity golf tournament 2001 - even got into clubhouse that night - he was jamming with other players - John Lodge (Moody Blues) and Hank Marvin (Shadows)

3. Book signing for her second novel (which I also got signed).

I love unusual (esp three dimensional) items signed. John Prine also signed a toy train (you'd have to know his music), Dirk & Dwight signed my A Team van, David Soul signed S&H car, Ernie Hudson signed my Stay Puft Marshmallow man ! I've also got loads of signed CDs, concert set lists etc, as well as a few more guitars, signed by the Finn Brothers, The Beautiful South, Travis, and Stereophonics (three of them).

Only Fools & Horses scripts signed by Boycie, Marlene, Trigger, Mike, Denzil, Sid and Mickey Pearce,

James Bond generic poster signed by George Lazenby, Brit Eckland, David Hedison, Samantha Bond, Yaphet "The Legend" Kotto, Eunice Gayson, Honor Blackman, Robert Davi .....

God you've got me started now !

* Stunned *.......WOW !!!

i dunno what to say, you've been everywhere lol

man i can see why you're really proud of that collection.

Do you have it stored up safe or on display somewhere in your house??

Hahahaaaaaa lol i hope one day i can meet as many cool people as that lol, your an inspiration :D:unsure::D

Well, I did try to dedicate the spare room to it, but it has long since overflowed. I got the big "S" poster of the superman logo, which Margot Kidder signed "You've got me ? Who's got you?" and it's in a red frame in my downstairs loo. My boss called out one night shortly after I got it framed and rushed in, "Sorry .... really need the loo ....." and closed the toilet door behind him. The next thing I heard was his belt hitting the floor and a cry of "Oh .... look at that !" as he saw the poster for the first time :unsure::angry: I wasn't sure what he had spotted for a second (!)

I've got a Batman logo poster signed by Val Kilmer, the usual SW trilogy poster, signed by around 30 (still waiting on Anthony Daniels :wub: )

Auf Wiedesehen Pet box sets signed by the Late Pat Roach, Tim Healey and Kevin Whatley (last two are also golfers).

A few DVDs signed by Bruce Greenwood (seen most recently as the "baddie" in I, Robot - but was also in 14 Days with Kevin Costner, and Double Jeopardy with Ashley Judd and Tommy Lee Jones)

Loads of stuff signed by Robert Powell and Jasper Carrot

Red Dwarf poster signed by all the main cast,, both Kochanskis, both Holly's, Mac McDonald, Lee Cornes, Graham McTavish, Ed Bye, Rob Grant, Doug Naylor, John Lenehan, and Tony Slattery.

Robocop boxset, Paul Weller and Ronnie Cox

2 pairs of Boxing gloves - one signed by Henry Cooper, one by Frank Bruno

A football signed by the panel of "They Think It's All Over"

Room 101 ticket signed by Paul Merton and Alexi Sayle

Snooker cue signed by Dennis Taylor and Alex Higgins

Tried to get George Best to sign a football at a book signing, but the shop wouldn't go for it !

I started off meeting the cast of plays etc at stage doors, and caught the auto bug big time. Conventions, fairs, celebrity golf, plays, TV studios, radio studios & roadshows .... I've covered them all ! Thankfully my job is pretty flexible with leave & stuff, but you are right in what you say - I am well proud of my collection. I have started cataloging a lot of it this year, and would love to get round to having it valued. I always try to get a pic of the celeb with me, or at least with the item, and any flyers etc for the shows or events concerned always cone in handy for providence. I dread to think what I have spent over the years though !

Hmmm...guess it's my extended LOTR signed by Billy Boyd. Man am I angry at myself! I didn't bring it to a convention which John Rhys Davies was visiting! Grrr... But I think that if i'm able to come to C7 and get my Sideshow Spike figure signed by James Marsters, I will love that one even more :lol:

Most valuable item is probably my When Harry Met Sally programme which is signed by Alyson Hannigan, Joss Whedon, Tony Head and Luke Perry.

I also have a The Boy From Oz programme signed by Hugh Jackman (much shorter in person than he appears on screen but a really nice guy)

However I think my most treasured item is a theatre programme signed by Judi Dench simply because I was so excited about meeting her - she was unbelievably nice - it was like meeting royalty!

Well, I did try to dedicate the spare room to it, but it has long since overflowed. I got the big "S" poster of the superman logo, which Margot Kidder signed "You've got me ? Who's got you?" and it's in a red frame in my downstairs loo. My boss called out one night shortly after I got it framed and rushed in, "Sorry .... really need the loo ....." and closed the toilet door behind him. The next thing I heard was his belt hitting the floor and a cry of "Oh .... look at that !" as he saw the poster for the first time :wub::wub: I wasn't sure what he had spotted for a second (!)

I've got a Batman logo poster signed by Val Kilmer, the usual SW trilogy poster, signed by around 30 (still waiting on Anthony Daniels :lol: )

Auf Wiedesehen Pet box sets signed by the Late Pat Roach, Tim Healey and Kevin Whatley (last two are also golfers).

A few DVDs signed by Bruce Greenwood (seen most recently as the "baddie" in I, Robot - but was also in 14 Days with Kevin Costner, and Double Jeopardy with Ashley Judd and Tommy Lee Jones)

Loads of stuff signed by Robert Powell and Jasper Carrot

Red Dwarf poster signed by all the main cast,, both Kochanskis, both Holly's, Mac McDonald, Lee Cornes, Graham McTavish, Ed Bye, Rob Grant, Doug Naylor, John Lenehan, and Tony Slattery.

Robocop boxset, Paul Weller and Ronnie Cox

2 pairs of Boxing gloves - one signed by Henry Cooper, one by Frank Bruno

A football signed by the panel of "They Think It's All Over"

Room 101 ticket signed by Paul Merton and Alexi Sayle

Snooker cue signed by Dennis Taylor and Alex Higgins

Tried to get George Best to sign a football at a book signing, but the shop wouldn't go for it !

I started off meeting the cast of plays etc at stage doors, and caught the auto bug big time. Conventions, fairs, celebrity golf, plays, TV studios, radio studios & roadshows .... I've covered them all ! Thankfully my job is pretty flexible with leave & stuff, but you are right in what you say - I am well proud of my collection. I have started cataloging a lot of it this year, and would love to get round to having it valued. I always try to get a pic of the celeb with me, or at least with the item, and any flyers etc for the shows or events concerned always cone in handy for providence. I dread to think what I have spent over the years though !

* Looks shocked * :D

i don't even know what to say, except DAMN MAN !!

hahahaaaaa wow now that's one serious collection.

God wow i'de love to see all that hahaha i bet it looks

awesome.

Phew whew im totally lost for words :lol::wub:

* walks out totally stunned *

:lol:

For me it's a combined picture of the four hobbits. black and white in a frame, signed by Elijah, Dom, Sean and Billy.

I kissed Billy on the cheek when I met him. big big kiss. too back you can't get that framed and signed or that would have been my item! :lol:

Probably my extended version of Fellowship of the Ring (albeit a tiny bit battered by now), signed by:

Sir Ian McKellen,

Sir Christopher Lee

Howard Shore

The Four Hobbits

Andy Serkis

Bernard Hill

Karl Urban

Rick Porras

Royd Tolkien

Gino Acevedo

Bruce Hopkins

Lawrence Makoare

Sala Baker

Bob Anderson

Craig Parker

and several others!

i think its cool how people get something with significant meaning to them and get loadsof people to sighn it. i mite try that. totaly ruin my piglett top with millions of autographs :D

Hahah yea its kinda sweet :D

soz for short posts i got a baaaad headache

mee 2. but i think its all the late nights, early mornings!

i think its cool how people get something with significant meaning to them and get loadsof people to sighn it. i mite try that. totaly ruin my piglett top with millions of autographs :D

Hahah yea its kinda sweet :D

soz for short posts i got a baaaad headache

mee 2. but i think its all the late nights, early mornings!

Hahahaa same here !!!

gotta get a propper nights sleep.

:D:D