Magazine alert(s)

Zimbing

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought subscribing to the magazine would be an advantage. I thought i get it every 2 weeks.

I am so annoyed that 1) no charges of £15 to my account for ages 2) still on #9 and have been since Jan.

tiggerific any replies yet from the magazine company.

At the start of the subscription #2 took many weeks to arrive, i asked the company and they said a problem at the distribution centre.

Ok, issue 2 was late then it was working fine upto #9 and then nothing since Jan. It is now Feb 20th so that means 1 month and a half without the magazines.

This is poor service, i should expect more if you pay a lot of money for a magazine. They should lower the price or offer a free month for the delay.

If this continues i might cancel the mag and get it from the shops.

:lol:

Edited by BluebizzieB

on a happier note :lol:

I stood in WHSmiths today for like an hour and a half n read all the SG1/A stuff in the mags :D

the Tori interview in Dreamwatch is quite cool but the MS one isn't so good, dunno WHAT he's done with his hair either in the pic on the page, B) he looks like Marc Blucas from Buffy!!!

TV ZONE has an interview with Beckett (real name escapes me oh wait Paul!!) which is cool, he talks about being Scottish n stuff, awww!

The David interview in Starburst is really good! nice pics there too! I wudda bought it.... had it not been £4 :D

honestly, I could start my very own sci-mag shop the piles of Dreamwatches, SFX's, Starbursts and TV Zones I have, tis not good! bet there's hundreds of pounds just sitting there, gathering dust!!! :lol: .... ;)

anyways there we go! a run down of all the current mag ness, hehe! don't THINK I'eve missed anything!

there's to be an interview with Joe in the next issue of ummm.... can't mem!!!! but look out for it!!! :(

Luv sah xx

ps-can't comment on Xpose cause they didn't have any copies nor the official mag :lol:

BluebizzieB!

you will need to phone the sg1 mag place to check what card details they have on file. Becuase i had had a new card the details they had were the ones that had expired so i needed to give them the new ones, bit annoyed they didnt bother to contact to get new ones if they knew they had expired but hey never mind! its all sorted so yeah thats it really give them a call. If you need the number its on the website or let me know and ill email you it.

hope that helps!

Thanks but my Mum is calling the SG1 mag because i get home at 7pm after they close and if i phone on my mobile it will cost me a lot of money because they put you on hold.

My card is fine because it does not expire until 2007 and is a new chip and pin card.

Edited by BluebizzieB

Frickin que. I phoned the SG1 mag line at 16:58 and i was at number 30, it took 20minutes to get down to que number 8 and by 17:20 it was still at number 8.

How many f***ing ppl ring the mag line at 5pm.

I gave up in the end.

Still no emails from the company. This is a waste of time, I will get my missing 4 issues and then cancel the mag because this is shockingly bad customer service.

:unsure::unsure:

Edited by BluebizzieB

The new SG-1 mag is officially out! wohoo! :unsure: bought it on tuesday god bless forbidden planet!!! :unsure:

Tigg, just so you know, i'm gonna have to steal the dvd mags off you at some point! :o i didn't see the point of buying them for the dvds that i already have but amn intrigued to read them! lol! hope you don't mind! ;)

Phew.....finally got through to the SG1 mag line. They confirmed my card details and they were exactly the same on my card i have now. They said it was strange that it had stopped for no reason.

I now have to spend £31.95 for back issues. I complained to them that I never got any letters saying something was wrong nor did i get any emails. I then cancelled my subscription because i can pick it up at my local Forbidden Planet shop.

Edited by BluebizzieB

Phew.....finally got through to the SG1 mag line. They confirmed my card details and they were exactly the same on my card i have now. They said it was strange that it had stopped for no reason.

I now have to spend £31.95 for back issues. I complained to them that I never got any letters saying something was wrong nor did i get any emails. I then cancelled my subscription because i can pick it up at my local Forbidden Planet shop.

let me get this stright. you subscribed to a magazine but you haven't received some issues. you phoned the company and your billing details are correct and (from what I can infer) you now plan to buy the issues you are missing even though you have payed for them once already?

the company are at fault here, that or the mail system by you!

the company should be sending you the issues you are missing or tracking down the ones they have sent out, surely this is done by recorded delivery? they must have SOME indication that they have posted out DVDs out? and if they have, they should be getting on to Royal Mail.

which ever way, how can it be up to YOU to replace the missing issues!?!?!?! ;)

you need to be more assertive when phoning the company, you are a valued customer so surely they would want to put this right?

• 2 weeks later...

I went into WHSmiths to get #14 of the DVD magazine and they do not sell it, so I asked if i can get the mag in on a regular basis and they told me there is a £20 starting fee, f*** that.

The DVD mag company told me it was out this week and i can not find it anywhere.

I am still waiting for #'s 10-13 which i was promised on the phone and a confirmation letter, neither have arrived. I called over 2 weeks ago.

However I found a Newsagents in Bristol who can start my subscription with NO FEES from Issue 15 onwards.

I am still pissed off that I am waiting for 5 back issues.

Edited by BluebizzieB

I went into WHSmiths to get #14 of the DVD magazine and they do not sell it, so I asked if i can get the mag in on a regular basis and they told me there is a £20 starting fee, f*** that.

The DVD mag company told me it was out this week and i can not find it anywhere.

I am still waiting for #'s 10-13 which i was promised on the phone and a confirmation letter, neither have arrived. I called over 2 weeks ago.

However I found a Newsagents in Bristol who can start my subscription with NO FEES from Issue 15 onwards.

you have to wait 28 days for delivery of the back issues they would have told you that on the phone ;)

*rolls eyes!*

The actual Stargate magazine i can only get in Virgin in MK other magazines i only buy wheni have the time and money which often enough is never!

Tiggerific!!!

Which DVD monthly edition has an Atlantis DVD?

I bet i'm too late now!!!!

Mo