Question for Showmasters - Complaints

kelso70

I Emailed you two weeks ago about an incident that took place at the LFCC 2. I havent had a response as of yet. I am mostly concerned as when volunteers are critisized on the forum the posts are immediately deleted and we are told to Email you directly to deal with it, then I dont get a response. I know I am probably going to get attacked for this post and it will more than likely be deleted. But I am interested in showmasters response to this as it seems that there is no process to put across such complaints in a professional manner. I am not complaining about showmasters just concerned that my complaint hasnt been taken seriously, or even ignored.

For the record I thought all the volunteers with the exception of one were fantastic, just had my whole day sullied by this one persons attitude and actions. :D

• Moderators

They always have a LOT of email to get through, plus all the other stuff they do too .. so it's not them not taking it seriously or whatever, it's just you have to be patient and wait for a response, that's all :D

• Moderators

It's ok! Just from my own experiences, and other ppl in the past .. I know it's not the speediest place to expect an email reply from :pyth: I extremely doubt they'd just ignore it, so hopefully they'll email back soon. Perhaps if you phoned them and were able to talk to them directly? I mean it could even be something stupid like them not even having the email so u never know :P

in all honesty, and I LOVE SM for all the great guests, events and the good times they have contributed to for me and this has helped me make some excellent friends :P , I wouldn't expect an email reply back from them any time soon. they do get shear volumes as David has said!

I have sent several eme's to SM over the past 9months and have had a reply to none of them!!! :D

(only replies to the crew ones from Steff and James ;) )

maybe SM felt they didn't warrant a reply or didn't have the info e.g. on talks that I asked for or maybe some one or two DID get lost in the cyber space void, who knows! B)

perhaps they are still considering your issues and what to do about it? B)

a possible solution to this, as I know I am far from the first person to have sent emails with no replies :P, could be that SM need to create different email addresses e.g. have one for general info/questions (as on flyers/web), one for complaints, one for website/forum stuff etc etc... this could help eliminate some of the "bunf" emails and enable replies to be sent out (quicker) :pyth:

just a thought....

surfy sah xx :P

Maybe you should write to them.

Of course they should have the courtesy to reply but that is something a lot of organisers lack. No doubt they get numerous e-mails most of which are possibly time consuming irrelevant nonsense but why give out a contact address if it is not going to be used correctly.

I must say I email SM about something and never had a reply I know it was received and opened but no reply, they could set up there system so they could do an automatic reply saying "Thanks for your email it will be replied to in due course" Granted they may never respond to it after all but at least it would be some kind of response, and atleast it would be polite.