Festive Forum Meet Up!

surfy_sah

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im good with accents having moved all over the place so I can act as traslator if needed. Am from Yorkshire live down south but had a Scottish boyfriend for 3 years, who when drunk became incomprehensible so I had to learn quick 'cos you Scotts like a wee drinky. So I offer my services when required...lol :lol:

:lol:

Your services may be required. I may not drink but when I get tired (or "distracted" by guests at cons) I can go rather Dr Beckett-ish. :D

If we get completely bambozzled I'll just put on my american accent or my "One must eat cucumber sandwiches with ones pinkie in the air" accent (had a mate going to Cambridge university, the rest of us were helpfully trying to adjust her to the accent :P ) ;)

Edited by Zimbing

I've lived all around the UK with some very bad accents near me. I was born in Scotland, lived near Birmingham and now live in Bristol. It's Ok though, because I don't really sound like any of them now! :lol:

Although I do sometimes pronounce my R's like a farmer. :lol: I can try to interpret, but I don't know how well I will cope. :D

I have no accent either, well kinda my own little accent unlike anybody else's. Altho I get told I sound like Im from New Zealand (i dont think so tho), not sure if thats good or bad. Any hoo heres to the United Colours of SM SGC :unsure:

Was wondering if any one will be traveling up from this area (im in Stevenage) cos was thinking about drivin to this little shindig but didnt want to do it on my own, also tryin to get a ruff idea how long it'll take! :lol:

Stevenage is in Hertfordshire the nearest big town to it, you might know is Luton (its about 8 miles away)which is jct 10 M1. Hope that helps :huh:

ooow ooooow ooooooow!!!! *lightbulb*!! :lol:

LUTON you say?!? cool! ya know Too Tall? well he works in Luton but he lives in MK which is apparently like 20mins drive away! now from Cardiff I would say it takes about 3ish hours to get to MK on the train, it's roughly hour n half each side of Birmingham! I don't drive so don't talk to me about miles or motorways or anything though!! :D but I hope that helps? ooow and Vicky lives in Northampton which is KINDA close to MK! we'll get something sorted :wub: when people find out what they are doing :P hehe!

Luve sah xx

ps-peeps at uni-du know what dates you FINISH for Crimbo n GO BACK in Jan?!?! :angry::wub: t/y!

pps-SMAUG! Virgin trains have WIRELESS broadband?? AND *PLUGS* for lappys???? why did no one tell me this!! :o du have to be sitting in First Class or anything?! don't mem seeing outlet thingies before... mind you I am usually on the train from B'Ham N St to MK and mostly end up standing so!! :lol:

oh and I think I may have met you at c6! B) you n Ren n....some one!!! you all had simular made t's on, I was with GtB n few others! hope it was you anyways! :D

ps-peeps at uni-du know what dates you FINISH for Crimbo n GO BACK in Jan?!?! :angry::wub: t/y!

pps-SMAUG! Virgin trains have WIRELESS broadband?? AND *PLUGS* for lappys???? why did no one tell me this!! B) du have to be sitting in First Class or anything?! don't mem seeing outlet thingies before... mind you I am usually on the train from B'Ham N St to MK and mostly end up standing so!! :huh:

Uh... no idea... :wub:

Oh, no idea about the Broadband thing, but they do indeed have plug sockets for laptops/phones. :lol: And nope, not restricted to first class. :lol:

Stevenage is in Hertfordshire the nearest big town to it, you might know is Luton (its about 8 miles away)which is jct 10 M1. Hope that helps  :huh:

ooow ooooow ooooooow!!!! *lightbulb*!! :lol:

LUTON you say?!? cool! ya know Too Tall? well he works in Luton but he lives in MK which is apparently like 20mins drive away! now from Cardiff I would say it takes about 3ish hours to get to MK on the train, it's roughly hour n half each side of Birmingham! I don't drive so don't talk to me about miles or motorways or anything though!! :D but I hope that helps? ooow and Vicky lives in Northampton which is KINDA close to MK! we'll get something sorted :rolleyes: when people find out what they are doing :P hehe!

Luve sah xx

ps-peeps at uni-du know what dates you FINISH for Crimbo n GO BACK in Jan?!?! :D:headscratch: t/y!

pps-SMAUG! Virgin trains have WIRELESS broadband?? AND *PLUGS* for lappys???? why did no one tell me this!! :o du have to be sitting in First Class or anything?! don't mem seeing outlet thingies before... mind you I am usually on the train from B'Ham N St to MK and mostly end up standing so!! :lol:

oh and I think I may have met you at c6! B) you n Ren n....some one!!! you all had simular made t's on, I was with GtB n few others! hope it was you anyways! :D

I don't go back until the end of jan XD

pps-SMAUG! Virgin trains have WIRELESS broadband?? AND *PLUGS* for lappys???? why did no one tell me this!! :lol: du have to be sitting in First Class or anything?! don't mem seeing outlet thingies before... mind you I am usually on the train from B'Ham N St to MK and mostly end up standing so!! :D

oh and I think I may have met you at c6! :rolleyes: you n Ren n....some one!!! you all had simular made t's on, I was with GtB n few others! hope it was you anyways! :huh: [/color]

Yeah they have it as standard and all trains have plugs. I was sat on a crappy silver link at Euston and my computer picked it up from the Virgin train next to me.

Yeah I was with Ren and Co.... wearing t-shirts I designed. :lol: Oh if you were with him then I guess I might have met you!! :headscratch:

No we didn't do the Stevenage Case study.... I think... Nope we didn't even do citys. We did the physical side of Geography. If we did Human it was about northern cities. *nods*

It's only the really new Virgin trains that have the broadband. Likewise its only a minority of the GNER ones.

Any way before I can watch anything I have to make sure there's a plug socket! Watching stuff kills my computer's battery! :wub:

...hope you all have a freat time  :D

FREAT time cat????? :rolleyes::lol:

and hey like I said EVERYONE is invited, the more the merrier! (though I might not be able to put everyone up if like EVERYBODY does come :P:D) xx

changed to great now B)

It would be cool to come along but I am I arther busy over the next few months and I don't have much money, looks like I will be keeping an eye our for you all at LF&CC

to save people reading back through the thread:

it seems there is now a forum meet being arranged and I don't want to clash with that nor December busy-ness for Christmas etc so HOW ABOUT the WEEKEND of the 7th/8th/9th JAN??? or the weekend after?!?! :P

and peeps at uni-du know what dates you FINISH for Crimbo n GO BACK in Jan?!?! :rolleyes:

Luv sah xx :P

ps-soz to hear that Cat, but yeah def hav to meet up with you at LFACC3 or at c7 for sure :lol: