Festive Forum Meet Up!

surfy_sah

following on from STANMARSH's forum meet up thread, does anyone fancy meeting up around Christmas, perhaps in the hols?! :(

(don't worry Andyroo and Andrew - we can revisit other thread n ideas! just this is for like NOWtime!!)

this is my idea: post your thoughts etc please!

people could come here (CARDIFF :P), if they wanted to!

it's bout 3hours from MK/Northampton (or hour and half ish from Birmingham New St!)

Andy and Andyroo and Andy (man are there enough of you with that name!! :P ) are relitavely close by if they wanted to meet up in Cardiff City and those of you from further afield can crash in my student digs if you don't mind floor and sleeping bag, hehe! :D if it IS during the hols, I can de-wreak the common room and if it's a weekend I can ask my flatmate if people could crash in here room (as she normally goes home) :P

as people would be paying to travel here I will get the food supplies in as that's only fair :lol:

also people like you NIKKI who have to pay MOUNDS for flights, I don't mind helping you out with that, sure we could arranage something to help you not miss out :lol:

ANN where are you when not in uni, soz I have a siv in my memory!!!

let me STRESS that EVERYONE is welcome to come!!!! even if you think we are a tight group and you don't belong, what better way to get to know your fellow SG obsessors *ahem* I mean fans :P

what we could do

watch SG movie, SG1, SGA (that's a given really!!)

go into Cardiff, go shopping, out for food, meet up with the Andy's!

watch the film David :P is practically naked in!!!

go iceskating/movies/the Bay

hang out generally and go with the flow!!!

so yeah there you have it people!!

REPLY and tell me what you think!!!!

oh and what dates you might make in hols/weekend

damn Christmas day for being on the weekend!!!

*ahem* yessssss better post this before I type any more randomness!!!

Luv&hugs always, sah xx :P

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, never been to a meet before. But I will try and get to this one! It'll be great to meet you guys. Anytime is good for me really, I don't really do much anyway. :D

Oh, I've never been to Cardiff before so if I do go someone may have to meet me at the train station and take me back afterwards. :lol:

If you guys don't make this a weekend I will cry. No, really. I will.

Like my two days I have left are for the 30th and 31st of Dec so I can keep an eye on people coming to mine for new years. If I dont get one of them I'll make a friday free. But PLEASE make this a weekend plleeeaaassseeee!

And Woo for York being the central for all things TRAIN releated. Direct train to Cardiff Central! Back of the net!

But guys how awesome would this be! Must save money...this time I will have more than £30 for a weekend away :wub:

How much is it from Birmingham to Cardiff by train, sah?

*waves* hey JENI! I would imagine about £15 with a young person's railcard as it was just under £30 to get to MK/Northampton (Vicky) and B'Ham N St sorta in the middle... :o

just registered with the Trainline.com (STUPID website!!!! :wub: ) to get more accurate info and it seems it really depends how far in advance you book ya ticket and if you have a rail card or not :o

ok it's just come up (I shoved in a date 3weeks away to try it)

apparently, singles from £8, £6ish with YPRailcard

return £20-ish which just seems stupid to me!!

if everyone could post details here of any train info they need I have to go to the station TOMOZ (Friday) when going home for Children in Need and Monday when I come back to ni, I can pop into the station then and find out :D (I WOULD phone Stanmarsh if i had a landline :D)

could everyone post HOLIDAY dates please - I only get 2 weeks like the kids in school so I'm easy but you guys with uni hols :o or others please specifiy!!

it seems there is now a forum meet being arranged and I don't want to clash with that nor December busy-ness for Christmas etc so HOW ABOUT the WEEKEND of the 7th/8th/9th JAN??? or the weekend after?!?!

right I have been posting this for like an HOUR already :o and I REALLY need to do some work!!

all that's left for me to say is I am soo happy about the response this thread has got! :D (great minds think alike KAYLA ;) ) and that the "newbie" posters in the section e.g. TIPPIN, PROMETHEUS and SMAUG are up for it too!!! :wub: yey!!!!

Luv sah xx

....And Woo for York being the central for all things TRAIN releated. Direct train to Cardiff Central!....

Smaug!! *waves* hello!

just re-read your post, du hail from YORK???? one of my best friends from school is in uni there!! :lol:

and arg I'm sure it's like a 7hour train journey to Swansea (where I live outside of uni :D) which is only an hour from Cardiff - so wouldn it take you like SIX HOURS just to get here???? :o:D

Luv sah xx

ps-what is your real name :D and du have a pic?! and I LOVE your avatar!! :D

Hmmmmm by train it shouldn't cost so much. I'd love to see you guys again, bloody lonely up here in my cold crater. December ain't too good for me as my bank account has been given a big blow by the cons and really need to get a christmas temp job or something.

I may have gone back to college by those dates in January but thats easy enough to bunk off, hardly ever in anyhoo. :lol:

Let me work out the price of a train or maybe the mega bus and I'll get back to you, but yeah pencil my name in :D

....And Woo for York being the central for all things TRAIN releated. Direct train to Cardiff Central!....

Smaug!! *waves* hello!

just re-read your post, du hail from YORK???? one of my best friends from school is in uni there!! :unsure:

and arg I'm sure it's like a 7hour train journey to Swansea (where I live outside of uni :P) which is only an hour from Cardiff - so wouldn it take you like SIX HOURS just to get here???? :o:huh:

Luv sah xx

ps-what is your real name :( and du have a pic?! and I LOVE your avatar!! :D

Born and bred a hundred yards from wales m'dear! But yes I now live in dark miserable York...DID YOU KNOW... it was dark at HALF FRICKING TWO today?! Is it the end of the world or what?!

Any way... a free site for enquiring is qjump.com.

Yeah travelling is like HELL but it's a direct train and virgin which means....... WIRELESS BROADBAND!!!! ^_^ and plugs for laptops too. Yay.

Any way the 7th/8th/9th of Jan sound awesome as I will have new holidays to use up then wooooot. So I can come down like the Thursday night and take the friday off or something.

I was telling a forum mate here (Ren) when I went to see her last weekend that I'm putting aside £200 a month just so I can visit forum friends! So be warned!!! I love traveling so I dont care where you live I WILL be visiting! And that goes for people all over this forum not just here! :P

Any way in work until 8pm, just because me and my mate are the ONLY two people in the office doesn't mean we shouldn't be doing work :P *browses web* la la laa...

And oops didn't answer all your qns!! My real name is Rachel... call me Rach every one does. And I have a pic some where! But I have had my hair cut so I better sort out a new one!!

Edited by Smaug