Festive Forum Meet Up!

surfy_sah

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad the weekend of the 7th/8th/9th seems to be ok! :unsure:

anyone who has said YES to that, just incase, would the 14th/15th/16th be a prob if more people could make it???? *crosses fingers hoping it wouldn't* :o

ah you are one of the lucky buggers who lives in MK :P

if you don't make the 7th/8th/9th the next time we meet up will prob be LFACC3 but maybe we'll do something in the Easter hols (unless it's really close to c7 :o ) if this one is successful :P;)

surfy sah xx

oh and people are coming to my student digs in Cardiff :pyth: , which is about 3 hours from MK, little longer by train as usually have to wait aaaaaaages in B'Ham N St, grrrrr :blink:

but hey if you can come on the 8th or 9th (if it's not too far for 1day) feel free! though we might just be hanging in Cardiff then, I dunno! ;)

OK... Why the HELL do people from wales have to go all the way UP to B'ham to get to MK?! People!!! HELLO!!!!! South West trains from bristol to london change then to MK... Sure as hell cheaper and shorter! Better that faffing around half the country!

Ok if you live in North Wales then Yes... B'ham... but not south wales.

Atleast I think its South West Trains from Bristol... M'eh.

It's longer for me to go via B'ham any way. I travel from York to London Kings Cross, then go to Euston and up to MK from there. Cheaper and quicker!

Also don't go changing the dates because once i book it off work I can't really take it back!

Sah how near is Cardiff Bay from you I can get a cheap rate at the Holiday in Express there, It would leave you a little more floor and I can get more than one room if anyone is interested. The only catch is that I Have to be there for the discounted rate to apply (that and it may be no where near you) so need to sort out date for def'.

BTW the weekend 14/15/16 would prob be better for me (gives me more time to get some money together).

SMAUG! don't book any dates yet! Vicky doesn't know which dates she is doing a First Aid course and other people haven't posted about uni dates!

to be honest though the first weekend might be better for me, gotta wait for new timetable but it's just occured to me I might be on placement further into Jan :lol: *mental note to try to find out on Tuesday*

re: trains to MK - I think we went via Bristol at c4 (when I went with my Ex - yeah we had already split up - and was not on the forum so was effectively all alone :D sniff sniff) and we got stranded there at some stupid time on the platform :lol: pay less than £30 with my YP railcard so unless substantial diff happy to go via B'Ham, just cause I know the route now :P

JENI! when du have exams?!?! ;) I got mine on the 6th of Dec! ;) *in Janice from Friends voice* " O M G "

SHELBY! trying to sort out date ASAP! and yeah kinda close to the Bay! well def in drivable distance! depending on traffic, you can do it in 10-15mins :D but I feel bad that you would pay to drive down and pay to stay over :P

PEOPLE! please can we try n get date CONFIRMED no later than FRIDAY! cheers!

Andryoo - it's def gunna be a weekend! not sure if I'm gunna be able to help you e.g. put you up cause people are coming quite far and will need a place to crash and Bristol is only half hour away! :P plus it wouldn't really be fair to people I live with as we are an all girl's floor... :P

Luv sah xx

JENI! when du have exams?!?! :lol: I got mine on the 6th of Dec! :lol: *in Janice from Friends voice* " O M G "

Yep... my Autumn semester doesn't finish until end of Jan... :lol:

I wlil endeavour to find out today when exams and such like are. :wub:

Ok - I've asked someone, and they think we go back to Uni on 7th/8th/9th - which is a major poo. And apparantly we also have exams in the first couple of weeks. So, again, POO!!! :wub:

*sigh*

I dunno, guys - I'll keep my name penciled down for some of sah's floor - but I won't be able to confirm if I can come or not until later.

Bah... *starts kicking Uni*

Well I wont go booking... Just now I need to know asap like Sah does... SO COME ON PEOPLE!!! LETS GET ORGANISED! :wub:

I also have to find out when my YP card runs out...think it's feb.... Argh, if I get a virgin train thats as old as the hills I will scream. I'll be the one at the station twitching from lack of all things stargate.

I hate B'ham. It's cold, underground. AND ... dark and stuff. I got stranded there on my way to coventry. NOT NICE. Journeys to the SW and wales would be quicker if Virgin didn't have to go through B'ham. But if the had to divert loads of houses would have to be demolished. Ah well.

*sigh* Thats all I have to say for now.... :lol:

>>SHELBY! trying to sort out date ASAP! and yeah kinda close to the Bay! well def in drivable distance! depending on traffic, you can do it in 10-15mins but I feel bad that you would pay to drive down and pay to stay over

Thats sweet of you to be concerned but its only £21 and Ill prob only be able to come for one night/2 days (just remembered I havent mentioned any of this to the boyf' yet, Im sure hell be ok with it tho).

Either of the weekends are fine by me tho. :wub:

TRIED TO POST THIS 3HOURS AGO BUT THE BLOODY THING WAS HAVING ERROR ISSUES :(

I dunno peeps! ya go off the forum for 2hours to do work like a good girl :( and ya get 4 replies! def NOT a complaint though!! :angry: *remembers the days when you would fall over in shock when there was 4replies in a WEEK*!!

JENI! I think your forum clock must be out! I've noticed a few times now so you seem to quote something I've posted before I've posted it! :lol:

gutted you go back to uni the date of the meet :uhoh: when du actually start your Christmas hols? I am more than happy to come up to B'Ham (not that I've ever been there!!) or something if you wanna meet up, I don't think I could wait till c7 to see you again!

and having exams after Christmas is EVIL! I had to go through that for mock GCSEs, actual GCSEs, AS, A2 and college last year, it's MEAN AND EVIL!!! *hugs*

The worse thing about B'Ham is that there are soo many bloody trains and an infinate number of platforms that the damned announcer NEVER shuts up! (but least he's not speaking Welsh cause that sucks n all!!) he's alway appologising or altering platforms, it HURTS my head!!! was stranded there too coming back from c4 at some STUPID time with the Ex... :lol:

oooh and Vicky will tell you how depressed and COLD I was when I was stranded there OUTSIDE waiting for a replacement train the last 3 times I've been to MK/Northampton (3 times in 6 weeks :angry: ) grrrr

*breathes* anyways!

SHELBY!!!! £21??? wow!!! :P nice one that's not too bad!

think we shall have the dates sorted soon, hoping people will be able to find out in the next few days B)

right I'm off down the PUB!!! to play pool, drink pepsi and eat potatoe wedges!!! *bounce* P U B !!!!! :wub:

*in the voice of Arney* I'll be back! xx

JENI! I think your forum clock must be out! I've noticed a few times now so you seem to quote something I've posted before I've posted it! :(

gutted you go back to uni the date of the meet :angry: when du actually start your Christmas hols? I am more than happy to come up to B'Ham (not that I've ever been there!!) or something if you wanna meet up, I don't think I could wait till c7 to see you again!

and having exams after Christmas is EVIL! I had to go through that for mock GCSEs, actual GCSEs, AS, A2 and college last year, it's MEAN AND EVIL!!! *hugs*

It is... but I can't be bothered to change it... :lol:

Start Christmas hols on 17th, but I will check that going back date, don't worry...

Well - I actually thought of reading they gave us at the beginning of the year... :lol:

I start Uni again on 8th/9th Jan. :lol: And exams are in the first couple of weeks - and I definitely have one for Philosophy. :lol:

So, I think I can safely rub out my reservation for some of your floor, sah. :D

*sigh* Guess I'll have to wait for C7 to see you guys again. :D

still happy to come and meet you in B'Ham in go shopping if you like though :unsure: , am pretty much free any day between 19th Dec-4th Jan except Christmas :huh:

Aaww - that's a wonderful offer, sah, but I'll be home between those dates - and not able to come to B'ham. :lol:

But you are absolutely WONDERFUL for offering! (((((sah)))))

oh riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight soz I'm having blonde issues :D

so UNI is near B'ham????

that's even better as my uni is nearer to B'ham by a whole hour than my house :lol:

I can get to B'ham in less than 2hours whenever I'm in uni so any time after your exams in Jan we'll have to do something :rolleyes: NO excuses now :P mwahahahaha!! :D

Luv&hugs always, sah xx

WHY doesn't the forum have a hug smiley, it should! it NEEDS one!!!! hehe!