• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Showmasters Admin

Hi,

Maybe someone on this thread can clear something up for me. On the IMDB (see link below) Jonathan Hardy is listed as being involved with the puppetry as well as voicing Rygel.

click on this link and scroll down to Misc crew

Is this correct? Was he involved with the puppeteering of Rygel or is this a mistake on the IMDBs part?

I'm just curious and I want to make sure I have my facts straight before I start sending out the press releases.

Andrea

I'm agree with Bohan people should be happy that there is a farscape guest as there hasnt been one yet. and i am actually looking forward to meeting him.

Hi,

Maybe someone on this thread can clear something up for me. On the IMDB (see link below) Jonathan Hardy is listed as being involved with the puppetry as well as voicing Rygel.

click on this link and scroll down to Misc crew

Is this correct? Was he involved with the puppeteering of Rygel or is this a mistake on the IMDBs part?

I'm just curious and I want to make sure I have my facts straight before I start sending out the press releases.

Andrea

Hi Andrea! :)

Yes I'm afraid the IMDB(which is not really always reliable -because anyone can submit info. I know cause I did! B) ) is wrong in this instance.. Both Lani and Jonathan voice the two animatronic characters of Pilot and Rygel respectively. :) The pups I mentioned above are the poor sods who spend their time on their knees having their hands and feet stepped on by the cast.. :angry: Despite the physical adversity they do a fantastic job..

Jonathan's efforts are purely confined to the Additional Dialogue Recording

suite. :) He's the only one of the cast who is-whereas Lani does appear as Crais on the show as well as voicing Pilot.

Oh also forgot.. Jonathan did appear once on the show itself as Kahaynu-one of the great builders race or something, in a fetching white toga.. but he definitely didn't have a puppet.. :angry:

Hope this helps. :)

Angie

We are very happy to see a Farscape guest coming to C4, especially as we haven't met him!! Had a read of the 8 pages at the end of my shift today (naughty me), and was amazed at what had gone on! This for us is one of the better guests (as we are Farscape fans and have followed it from the beginning) but we'll still be seeing guys at C4 (hopefully) that we don't know, but as they've made the effort so will we! Looking forward to C4 :rolleyes:

I have been reading up and it appears that Jonathan Hardy did do some of the puppetry for Rygel, this is taken from the BBC Farscape website...

"Since the start of season two, he’s added puppetry to his CV - as well as voicing Rygel he controls his lips and mouth. Alert viewers may have spotted his one Farscape foray in front of the cameras - playing the Kahaynu in the Look at the Princess trilogy.

Strangely, Hardy, like Rygel, has very bushy eyebrows."

So it seems he did do some of the puppertry.

i was quite upset when i checked the board this morning and saw that a guest announcement post that at first was a topic where i and other farscape fans were posting our happiness that a farscape guest had been announced had turnt into an 8 page thread with a few people bad mouthing showmasters and the guest announcement.

I myself am not a harry potter fan but do not feel the urge to go into the topics where a potter guest has been announced and bad mouth the announcement. Infact if i see a harry potter guest topic i just ignore it because as a non harry potter fan i know that is not a topic i should post in.

Glad to see another scaper in the form of britangie sign up for the forum, as i was offline last night it looks like she took responsibility in defending farscape and the guest announcement, well done :angel:

Hey

Im not a Farscape fan but i did jump in as well infact most of the forum did we defend each other here. Im pleased you all like the guest im not particularly bothered but I can see it makes all the fans of this programme happy thats why i defend these threads and yeah your right he is a complete spam.

LilElfGirlxx

I have been reading up and it appears that Jonathan Hardy did do some of the puppetry for Rygel, this is taken from the BBC Farscape website...

"Since the start of season two, he’s added puppetry to his CV - as well as voicing Rygel he controls his lips and mouth. Alert viewers may have spotted his one Farscape foray in front of the cameras - playing the Kahaynu in the Look at the Princess trilogy.

Strangely, Hardy, like Rygel, has very bushy eyebrows."

So it seems he did do some of the puppertry.

Just one *small* problem with that.. you have to be on set to operate Rygels chops.. and Jonathan isn't on set as far as I know. He said at Comic con this year a few weeks back that although he loves voicing Rygel he laments the fact that he's not on set to counter all the new nicknames Ben makes up for Rygel on the spur of the moment. The puppeteers say the lines on set and then Jonathan over dubs.

The change from season 1 to S2 was that in S1 there was an English guy John Eccleston I think , who voiced and puppeteered Rygel on set-to be over dubbed by Jonathan later- (and he was very very funny this guy and was in alot of outtakes..) but he left after S1 to come back to the UK so the rest of the pups took over.. So I wonder if that change somehow got the bbc confused with the two "John's" and with who was doing what maybe?

Like the IMDB sometimes even the BBC get it wrong.. :D

Check out www.Farscapeworld.com and their databank for who does what. :) It's a huge database of all the cast and crew and characters on the show.

Edited by BRITANGIE

wow okay i cant believe i had to go through 9 pages before i could to say a very big thank you to showmasters for having a farscape guest thank u thank u thank u so so so much!!!!!!! i love u guys!!!!!!! rygel is one of my fav characters (then again i love them all! lol) and jonathan would make such a great guest!!!

and second i would like to say hey to britangie, how r u babes long time no see i hope ur well!.

and also a big thank u to all those who stuck up for us scapers on this thread some people can be very rude and unfair, and it takes alot to stick up for a show u may never have seen or liked so thank u to u guys.

also i suggest u actually see the show before commenting on it, because u never know u may turn out to be a fan of it in the end lol :rolleyes:

again thank u showmasters, we scapers really appreciate u taking the time to read our posts and listerning to what the fans (of not just farscape but other shows and films ) really want.

luv n hugs

mara

x x x

wow okay i cant believe i had to go through 9 pages before i could to say a very big thank you to showmasters for having a farscape guest thank u thank u thank u so so so much!!!!!!! i love u guys!!!!!!! rygel is one of my fav characters (then again i love them all! lol) and jonathan would make such a great guest!!!

and second i would like to say hey to britangie, how r u babes long time no see i hope ur well!.

and also a big thank u to all those who stuck up for us scapers on this thread some people can be very rude and unfair, and it takes alot to stick up for a show u may never have seen or liked so thank u to u guys.

also i suggest u actually see the show before commenting on it, because u never know u may turn out to be a fan of it in the end lol  :D

again thank u showmasters, we scapers really appreciate u taking the time to read our posts and listerning to what the fans (of not just farscape but other shows and films ) really want.

luv n hugs

mara

x x x

((((Mara)))) Ellooo you! :) You know me.. anywhere there is Farscape.. up I pop like a bad (chocolate-yum) penny..

Couldn't resist though saying a huge hugs and thank you to Showmasters for being so kind to us Farscape starved peeps in the UK and bringing over a Farscape guest and also for inflicting them on those who haven't been bitten by the Farscape bug yet.. :lol:

Though to be honest I'd love it if Showmasters inflicted this guy on us..

:lol: One can live in hope.. :D

greadben1jpg.jpg

Edited by BRITANGIE

• 4 weeks later...