Oh my god what possed them...

Calumn

lol if I only liked u for ur crispy goodness, I would have come to ur room :P but I didn't, did I!

Nooo .. cuz u were "busy" when I left anyway :P :P :P

Busy with...what? As far as I can remember, the only thing keeping me busy was trying to keep my bottle upright as i was dragged from under the table.

And I'm gonna add you in a few minutes, so DEAL WITH IT. :lol:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest most posts I've seen of yours on here have been fairly negative ranging from accusing SM of being involved in some conspiracy to trick people into coming to the event through to this rubbish about people in costumes.

Yeah well, if I dont point these things out who will? Anyway, to be fair, I've posted positive points aswell, I'm just not bulls***ting around.

Wow lots and lots of replies now.

I cant read them all, but I'll assume they're all pretty much calling me a b'stard in different levels of sincerity :lol:

Care?

Anyway, I still stand by my comments.

I guess callumn really did go in costume "Mr. Grumpy Numpty"

Nope, didn't direct it at anyone in particular did I.

Are, the benefits of hypothetical generalisation.

Btw, do you genuinely have that many posts or has there been a bit of tweaking?

why the HELL would anyone waste their time tweaking??????

he makes a point, and you come up with ANOTHER bloody conspiracy theory.

go join GWB or some stupid person like that, you'd do well in the american government. "WMD, anyone?"

LOL Come off it, 50'000 posts when the rest of you all have less than 10'000, I dont think anyone could post that much. I mean, hats off to him if he did, but, well, ya'know.

Nope, didn't direct it at anyone in particular did I.

Are, the benefits of hypothetical generalisation.

Btw, do you genuinely have that many posts or has there been a bit of tweaking?

why the HELL would anyone waste their time tweaking??????

he makes a point, and you come up with ANOTHER bloody conspiracy theory.

go join GWB or some stupid person like that, you'd do well in the american government. "WMD, anyone?"

LOL Come off it, 50'000 posts when the rest of you all have less than 10'000, I dont think anyone could post that much. I mean, hats off to him if he did, but, well, ya'know.

i think he posts in almost every single thread.

there are also a total ofc 8 ppl with over 10,000 posts.

1. its very easy to get up to that number, with several posts in nearly every thread

2. there are others who have more than 10,000 - where does it come from that everyone other than vido's on less???

seriously, you need your head checked, i reckon.

• Moderators

I talk when I wanna ... if I wanted to have a lot of posts or "beat" people, I wouldn't do it to such a ridiculous level to be honest :D Nah, seriously it's only cuz I know so many ppl on here and I'm a chat whore so .. yeah! :P

I was just wondering if his post count (double that of the next highest) was genuine or added. Oh my god, I'm such a bad person, send me to a mental home now!

What a pointless argument anyway...

You're not a bad person... you're not that interesting.

You're just a troll... pure and simple and the sooner people start just ignoring you, the better.

Right OK...there's a heck of a lot of stuff that's been said here that I'd like to comment on but I cant (because there's loads and I won't remember it all)

What I will say is this. That first post actually hurt, I was very upset by it. (and before anyone asks I was not one of thoes people mentioned!)

I've been costuming for ages and I love it. It's a hobby of mine. I put in a lot of time and effort into what I do and get a lot out of it. There aren't many better fellings than seeing the look of amazement on someones face when they walk past you. That may have seemed egocentric but for me it's the feeling that I've made someone happy, that I've added something to their experience not just that someone thinks I look good. It's not about that. It's about becoming a real part of the event itself, totally absorbing yourself into the experience and adding to other peoples.

I love seeing people in costume as well as doing it myself, it's wonderful to see people throwing themselves into it. So much effort is put in and I love to see the smile on peoples faces when I say to them how good I think they look. It really adds to the whole atmosphere.

I'm going to stop now because Like I said I was really upset by that post and I've rambled and repeated myself way too much, but then I do when I really feel someting needs defending. (also thanks to the people that did defend what we do!!)

Sarah

AKA: Holovirus Rimmer, Snape, Hagrid (not my best), Quiditch Player (slytherin), Hogwarts Student (Slytherin) and some more...

I think I'll go re pin the collor of my Ace Rimmer jacket now, I need cheering up!

What in hell posses a 30 year old man to come in a star-trek suit, or a 45 year old woman to come as a Klingon, or all those other costumes. The hobbits were OK, obviously taking the ****, but the others made me cringed as I walked past them. If it was any of you, shoot yourself. Now.

I don't know if I would ever dress up for LFCC etc (mainly coz I am very shy and no one else I know would) but I probably would if it would look like you're the odd one out if you don't! I don't think there's anything wrong with dressing up no matter how old you are! I went to The Rocky Horror Picture Show in costume and found that it made it more enjoyable (I know this is slightly different as nearly everyone wears a costume for that!) and most people who go to that are over 30!

What in hell posses a 30 year old man to come in a star-trek suit, or a 45 year old woman to come as a Klingon, or all those other costumes. The hobbits were OK, obviously taking the ****, but the others made me cringed as I walked past them. If it was any of you, shoot yourself. Now.

Dearest Calumn

I have one comment and one question.

Firstly I have to point out that you sound like a typical British person. 'One can't possibly dress up as one may make a fool of oneself and that just wouldn't do.' Might I suggest learning to let go of your inhibitions.

Secondly, did you ever go to a fancy dress party as a child in some outlandish costume and when you got there realised that the fancy dress bit had been cancelled and nobody told you? It just strikes me that your personal attacks on people who are not doing anything to hurt you or others might stem from some deep seated, early emotional trauma. Might I suggest counselling.

Here endeth my post. :D

Edited by Elfdoc

Dearest Calumn

I have one comment and one question.

Firstly I have to point out that you sound like a typical British person. 'One can't possibly dress up as one may make a fool of oneself and that just wouldn't do.' Might I suggest learning to let go of your inhibitions.

Secondly, did you ever go to a fancy dress party as a child in some outlandish costume and when you got there realised that the fancy dress bit had been cancelled and nobody told you? It just strikes me that your personal attacks on people who are not doing anything to hurt you or others might stem from some deep seated, early emotional trauma. Might I suggest counselling.

Here endeth my post. :lol:

:D

Point in case this weekend with the Thunderbirds  (awesome Captain Jack you do there Scott Tracy)  :D

*In Cap'n Jack voice*

Thankyou Mate......... Drinks all Round.......

As for me, I'm costuming my weasley black guts up at C7 an' if you don't like it, Calumn, I have a shot in my flintlock for ye!

If you're going as Jack Sparrow, you can probably expect to find me chaining myself to your leg :lol:

Firstly I have to point out that you sound like a typical British person. 'One can't possibly dress up as one may make a fool of oneself and that just wouldn't do.'

thats not a typical britisth thing. thanks for insulting 80% of this forum.

im british, i've dressed up. 100% of british people have at some point

and another thing, only the QUEEN talks like that, jeez, you seem like a typical foreigner :D

(not that i have anything against them of course, lol, but see? you know how it feels.. jeez, widen your damn mind)

Edited by sarah-4-eva

well callum sweetie just to p*** you off even more i've started the coat to go with my dress and will be making a better version of my elrond armor in the near future. the coat for when ever i feel like it and the armor for a lotr event next year. my fun foam version is officially dead. i'll try find some piccies, but it could be a while. lol. and sweetie if you can't say anything nice bigger off nd leave us to our fun, you know the thing that makes you happy that happens when something good is done, and when you play a game and have friends which you now clearly have none of, because with an attitude like yours you'll be lonely for a very long time and don't know bout you but i don't wanna be like that even tho i'm a loner a like having friends. but you clearly don't. :lol:

haha this thread has definalty touched a few nerves-mine included..

thanks everyone for the comments on my Rogue suit...

Rel: you looked great as Storm ignore any nasty comments. :P

oh and another thing- even Craig Parker was impressed with my outfits so who gives a toss what anyone else thinks. ;):D