Friday 13th or Halloween

aliens vs predator

• Moderators

I thought X was pretty clever in the way it took the **** out of itself and of the franchise and knew what it was doing ... but hey, that's just me :headscratch: I can see how it wouldn't be too good for people who aren't massive fans of the movies.

• Moderators

Hmm .. as a stand alone horror movie, it's pretty crappy BUT I don't think that's what it was made for, I think it was made for the fans of both franchises and I think they did as good as job as they could have - keeping it balanced between the two characters, remaining faithful to the back story etc, and being able to link the two very different stories without sacrificing anything .. I think both characters came through the film strong without losing any integrity - Freddy came across as powerful, and still had his wise ass comments ... Jason was still the mindless destructive killer. It kinda had all the GOOD elements of the series' with minimal crap acting. I liked it!

Your simplistic outlook on life is almost endearing...no, wait, it isn't.

You base your entire assumption that Friday the 13th is better on the fact that Busta Rhymes was in Halloween Resurrection????????? I agree that he was one of the worst things about that film but you can't base an entire argument on that. As for the 'he gets defeated by a woman' - so does Jason every time. Jason even has his mom do the killing for him in the first film.

Michael Myers and the Halloween franchise do not need to involve other horror characters because their whole series hasn't run out of steam, unlike Friday 13th and Elm Street (this was especially evident with Jason X).

"there has been not one terrible Jason movie" That cracked me up. Actually you are right - there has been four or five of them at least. Jason goes to Manhatten or whatever its called is far worse than any Halloween movie. And for your education, Halloween I & II were supposed to be one two part movie. The reason Halloween III started with a different tale was that it was John Carpenter's original idea to have a different story released each Halloween centering around the theme of Halloween night. In his eyes he wanted the Myers story wrapped up in Halloween II, but after III was released Myers was so popular that they brought him back for Halloween 4 and so on.

"I wouldn't be all together surprised if he got defeated by a new born baby next.....the franchise is heading in that direction" You mean like the one Jason turned into at the end of Friday 8? (which is far worse than any Halloween movie).

BTW where was Friday the 13th's 20th Anniversary movie? Halloween had H20 but I didn't see a Jason 20th Anniversary film. People just don't care about Friday the 13th the same way they do Halloween. (And don't say Jason X because that was released in 2001 and wasn't intended as an anniversary movie)

Halloween outclasses Friday the 13th in every department. Case closed.

Oh, I take it back now.....I see how I wrong I was, not!!!! Let's pit Michael Myers against Jason Voorhees in a versus movie, and we'll see how long Michael would last, he's a lighter, smaller, weaker version of Jason Voorhees

CASE CLOSED!!!!!

:lol:

You are such a spam

well in terms of best movies i'd say halloween cause .... ok i dont know why but i would ok. but in terms of scariest and and most gruseome id say friday the 13th movies. but wait isnt horror suppose to be about scares and horrid happenings??? so y did i pick halloween as best movies. thats it changed my mine i pick friday the 13th. oh wait i prefer micheal myers to jason vorhees (sorry jason fans). so i change my mind i'll pick halloween cause i get to watch micheal. but another thing friday the 13ths have far more victims and cool killings and the more corpses the better in my eyes, so once again i change my mind. im going with friday the 13th. aaahhh!!! but halloween has the super spine tingling music that truly sets a scene of scaryness.

you know what people shouldnt make polls like this... really turns a sane persons insane. they are both awesome simply cant choose. obviously!

• 1 month later...