New Zealand:where to go and what to do?

Hey Y'all

i am off to Middle Earth...i am sorry i mean New Zealand at the end of November for three months and i need suggestions on where to go and what to do. I will be seeing both the North and South Islands so any suggestions would be helpful. Great drinking holes and where all the good looking men hang out will be most appreciated.

thank you!

Princess Hannah x

There is supposed to be a lot of good drinking places in a town where the LOTR peeps stayed in, I can't remember the name of it, but I'm sure if you chekc out the extended dvd versions of LOTR it will say on there. Hang on its called Wellington, i remember now, thats where they did the LOTR premiere.

From what I can gather the likes of Elijah Wood spent a lot of time there.

The Chocolate Fish Cafe was a LotRs haunt plus a couple of others in Wellington. In the South Island, I'd recommend the Southern Alps, Arthur's Pass and Milford Sound.

The bookshop Watersons has a good selection on good travel books for New Zealand.

I went for a couple of months in 2003. If youre looking for LOTR sites then definitely buy the LOTR location guidebook by Ian Brodie, it was handy for me.

North Island -

Auckland is okay.

Matamata i.e. Hobbiton is a bit further south

Wellington is a cool place, stay a while there. You can see where the hobbits scrambled off the road very easily as it is on a hillside overlooking Wellington.

South Island -

Head for the Otage region for pellenor fields, rohan

Stay a while in and around Queenstown as there are several lotr sites.

Milford Sound and the train ride from one side of the island to the other (christcurch to ?)

Christchurch is quite nice, a bit like a large Oxford (my home town).

Anyway just buy the book, that and lonely planet.

Hey cool, im from just outside Oxford, usually there hangin out in all the bars hehe

Ive been to new Zealand too its very very pretty! erm Hamiltons a good spot, and christchurch is a nice town....wellington, eerrmm jees i cant actually remember anywhere, i thought i was guna be helpful but actually i wasnt....sorry!

Hope you have a good time princess, say hi to simone for me!

Gem xX

:wub:

You have to see the smelly mud at Rotorura

And the glow worm caves ... cant remember where they are... think it began with a W

And go to a Hangi, they are good.

And on the south Island go for a drive down Arthurs Pass (but fill up with petrol first, we nearly ran out and theres nothing for miles!).

The cablecars are good (they call them Gondolas I think) Umm can't remember where they are though!

Its a while since I was in NZ but I loved it and will definately be going back some day!

Have fun!

clime the fountain in wellington!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry i had to say it, your best off watching Xtras on LoTR dvds for ideas

LOL yeah then you can **** in it like Elijah did LOl, ok well erm maybe not, you might get into a lot of trouble.