Responses to Statements in Here Please

showmasters

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As regards eh eh ehhhh statement, I have just read this and it reiterated by decision to change my convention plan for next year. I decided to leave one convention organiser because of questionable actions/comments they did/made. Now, I can only speak from the evidence I have seen and will never ever know 100% for sure as I was not there when things were discussed.

All I can say is that my attendances at Showmasters events have been enjoyable and I will be at London Film & Comic Con 2 to meet many others, and now Chris Judge as a bonus.

Father Coop

The first thought that come to mind is that Judas sold out for thirty pieces of silver.

What is the going rate today?

I feel you need to read all in the information and then post as it seems this is yur one and only post. Is it possible you have rejoined under a new name?

Is it Showmasters fault that eh eh ehhhh did not get Chris Judge to sign a contract?

Is it Showmasters fault that Chris Judge's personal situation changed and attempted, and succeeded, to find the best deal for the fans?

Is it Chris Judge's fault that the fee Showmasters may be paying him is bigger than Wolf Event's offering?

Is it Julie Caitlyn Brown's fault she tried to help out Showmasters with guests who are clients of hers who contract Julie to find them work?

If you can answer these questions which show Showmasters to be in the wrong then I will publicly apologise to you.

Father Coop

• Moderators
The first thought that come to mind is that Judas sold out for thirty pieces of silver.

What is the going rate today?

If you have a problem with Chris, then like he said, he'll answer stuff at LFACC - do u think he'd put himself on the line like that if he'd seriously done something wrong? I don't think so personally. And that was such a nice thing to write as a first post :D

• Moderators

I wasn't saying no one does anything wrong ... I think advertising an unsigned guest is wrong :D And I also think a "judas" remark is unfair when someone can't respond to it for another 2 months! And I bet you won't be saying that in person hey? :D

• Moderators

Seems like there's a lot of random new people turning up to support each other :D To be honest, the situation is resolved ... everything has been explained, but I'm sure they realised that it STILL wouldn't be good enough for some people! As far as I'm concerned, it's over . . . but if people still wanna insist on moaning then u do that, it's not gonna get ya anywhere.

Seems like I rattled a few cages!

Don't get paranoid!

Don't worry, today nobody does anything wrong!

Paranoia is not something to be taken into consideration. One thing that is to be considered is whether or not comments like yours may signal IDIOTS giving Chris Judge hassle at LFACC2 in November. You may think you are clever and can try and fool people with certain comments you have made in this post, but some of us will be able to read you like a book. Accept the fact that situations in life change and one side wa sopen and honest, whilst the other mislead people with statements and continue to. I fell let down myself because I had planned to go to an Alias event being held next year, but will not now as I cannot trust people who are not honest and upfront. Now, I have gone on both message boards and read all statements, so I can see both sides of the situation. I have no loyalties to any convention/event organiser as I go where I wish to and can buy tickets for. However, that freedon of choice allows me to decide to not attend some events.

Please do not start putting doubts in people's minds now that the whole situation has been explained openly by the organisers and stars themselves.

Father Coop

Seems like there's a lot of random new people turning up to support each other  :D To be honest, the situation is resolved ... everything has been explained, but I'm sure they realised that it STILL wouldn't be good enough for some people! As far as I'm concerned, it's over . . . but if people still wanna insist on moaning then u do that, it's not gonna get ya anywhere.

David, you do realise I am not new and I used to post as Monkee don't you?

Edited by Father Coop

• Moderators
Seems like there's a lot of random new people turning up to support each other  :D To be honest, the situation is resolved ... everything has been explained, but I'm sure they realised that it STILL wouldn't be good enough for some people! As far as I'm concerned, it's over . . . but if people still wanna insist on moaning then u do that, it's not gonna get ya anywhere.

David, you do realise I am not new and I used to post as Monkee don't you?

Yeah don't worry, wasn't directed at u :D

One more thing, I have rarely read statements from people who openly say:

"I am lying."

They tend to say

"I am telling the truth"

Where truthful statements from different people contradict you have to judge which is which.

I will now fly the coop.....

One more thing, I have rarely read statements from people who openly say:

"I am lying."

They tend to say

"I am telling the truth"

Where truthful statements from different people contradict you have to judge which is which.

I will now fly the coop.....

As with Isis, I have just found the location of the coop you return to.

Showmasters & Co, I feel sorry that you have received all of this flack and appreciate your statement about not holding comments against people mad ein the heat of the moment.

I am no pom pom cheering crowd for Showmasters or anyone else as I am my own man, but I will support the truth.

Maybe some people should look up the meaning of the word TRUTH!!!

Father Coop

• Showmasters Admin

As some of you have asked, we thought we'd post eh eh ehhhh' statement here for you to read as we have nothing to hide. We also feel it doesn't really answer any of the relevant points raised in any of the statements posted here. It just seems to be passing the blame on to other people. You all have as much information now as you are likely to get until you are able to speak personally with Chris, so we hope that it all helps to clarify things for you. I wonder if Chris', Julie's and our statements will be posted on the Wolf boards?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? If they are so for the fans, as they claim, will they give the fans all the information and let them decide for themselves?!?

Thank you to all of you for listening, and your support. We are now going to get on with running the show!

Showmasters

eh eh ehhhh STATEMENT RE : CHRIS JUDGE ET AL :

Well, where to start?

I suppose with the truth!!!.

I think keeping it short and sweet is best. And as Michael Shanks told me the other day "you just have to tell the truth and Chris will have to deal with it"

We love Christopher as a great guest and have worked with him on MANY MANY occasions. He was not originally invited to SG-8 but while here on tour he invited himself and commitment to attend directly to the fans. Our only mistake in this sad tale is we trusted Chris on his word.

Christopher called us the other day to say he did not think he could make the appearance in Europe for personal reasons, which are his only to explain. We were and are happy to support that decision, however he then told us he was going to make one quick trip to another event which it turns out was the same weekend as SG-8.

Our immediate concern was THE FANS what would we tell them. Christopher explained that he was being offered 3 times the money to do the other show and he simply had to do it. I told him clearly that YOU the fans would be devastated and his response was very simple I just got to do it, it's a quick trip and for 3 times the money.

Meeting the most fans NEVER entered the discussion. We asked Chris to reconsider the situation taking into account our concerns for SG-8 and the fans, he was to call back the following evening after givng it further thought, but unfortunatley he did not and as yet has not called and that left us not knowing what to tell you. We did and have called him repeatedly without success.

So what can we say trust and integrity seems to come second to money.

OK on a couple of other issues the statement at the beginning I think says all we need too about the other show.

You the fans know and have trusted Wolf for 10 years and I feel we have on the whole always acted in your best interest.

In relation to Julie Catlin Brown and her mention of slander, I think she will find anything said by us is simply a statement of fact and if she thinks otherwise she knows were to find us. We know the fans can and do see the truth, and they simply have to read our words carefully especially in relation to Don Davis.

As to Michael Shanks we posted this recently.

"He did say that with the arrival of his daughter he would have to look at his appearance schedule and would let us know if he was going to be unable to make SG-8. We will support any decision Michael makes for his family."

Michael was going to confirm about this next week, we have as yet not spoken to him as it is not yet next week.

All other words and statements made by people will not change the fact that attempts were made by certain parties to remove guests from SG-8 and the fans attending. You the fan will decide how you feel about this and the people involved.

To analyse each statement and get into frivolous details will not change the facts and as stated before guests have and were tempted away by money, offered by Julie Catlin Brown for another event on the same weekend.

We are saddened that this has happened but it has, and we deal the hand we have and the cards fall where they may.

If you feel you need to respond PLEASE read carefully what has been said here.

SG-8 will still be a great event and I feel better for the fans and the actors that appreciate them.

eh eh ehhhh

All I want to say is thanks, Showmasters.

I am on one hand deeply saddened that it had to come that far that both Julie and Chris were forced to make statements because of all that mess. But I am very grateful that they did.

Especially Chris' fax answers a lot of questions I think. If you ask me, one of them is who is paranoid here... ^_^

I can't help but having the same impression that you mentioned in your statement regarding Chris Judge. It seems to me that some posts were clearly made to inflame the fans against your events and manipulate them. And it seems to work pretty good so far...

I haven't been around here on the forum for too long, but I've been attending conventions for a while. And your handling of that whole situation just reminded me why I am coming back to the events you organise.

@ Buff Daddy: you're completely right, eh eh ehhhh does not refund your money because of guest cancellations. Only if the event is sold out and they have a waiting list for tickets. I don't think there will be one anymore if Michael Shanks really will pull out from their convention as well.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I really cannot believe that this debate is still going on !!

Statements from all parties have been presented and accepted by the majority of this forum, it seems however there are still a few rebels shall we say who want to continue winding the rest of us up.

All of these said rebels have joined this forum in the last day and all seem to mention the 'poaching' of guests.

I wonder if these rebels are all members of the Wolf forums ?? and have come here to vent their anger, (fair enough)..but i'll bet anyone any amount of money they havent posted on the wolf forum about this !! :angry:

I have read ALL statements posted, and accept them all...why cant these people do the same !!!!

Statements from all parties have been presented and accepted by the majority of this forum, it seems however there are still a few rebels shall we say who want to continue winding the rest of us up.

All of these said rebels have joined this forum in the last day and all seem to mention the 'poaching' of guests.

I wonder if these rebels are all members of the Wolf forums ?? and have come here to vent their anger, (fair enough)..but i'll bet anyone any amount of money they havent posted on the wolf forum about this !! :angry:

I have read ALL statements posted, and accept them all...why cant these people do the same !!!!

*calms Andy down* Ahh it'll take people a few days to be sensible though.. I expect huggles off you at the party if you go!

*calms Andy down* Ahh it'll take people a few days to be sensible though.. I expect huggles off you at the party if you go!

what u mean if i go LOL

Hunni im there for sure..im crewing remember hehehehe :(

what u mean if i go LOL

Good! Then I claim in advance multiple hugs!

I have been on the Wolf board and the Rebels as you put it are all members there. Unfortunately for them, some have not changed their names. But one has boasted about his exploits on here on Wolf.

what u mean if i go LOL

Good! Then I claim in advance multiple hugs!

I'll be there from Friday morning until late sunday evening..so there will be plenty time to come find me dont worry :(

I have been on the Wolf board and the Rebels as you put it are all members there. Unfortunately for them, some have not changed their names. But one has boasted about his exploits on here on Wolf.

yeah i thought as much.

any other time i doubt they would have joined this forum, except for the charade !!!

anyways - i give up on it lol..

so how come changed ur name Mr Monkee ???