TIME AND DAY

Hi, This is my first time at a Collectormania convention(though I have been to conventions before) and was wondering what time I should arrive? Is it so bad if you arrive at about 11am or are the ques horrible and you have to wait for ever?

I am going to see Nicholas Brendon, and all of the trokia(because Im a big buffy fan) and then Billy Boyd too(coz all my mates love him and I want to get some stuff signed for them!)

What time shal i arrive and is Saturday better than Sunday?

Thanks in advance

KIWI :D

lol for Billy you'd need to be there by 8am I would imagine!!! :D

don't think you'd have a problem meeting the trio from Buffy but you'll need to be there bright and early to get a ticket for Nicolas.

you see you get a ticket and then go away till it is called so you don't have to stand in line for hours :D

surfy sah xx

So all the most popular guests then?! :D

In that case get there as early as poss. I'd say you'll have no chance at 11am. Get there before 8am!

Lol, yes the popular ones! I live a good hour and a half journey away so if i leave mine at 6:30am I can get to Milton Keynes by 8am

Ouch, I dont normally get out of bed till at least 10am :D

KIWI

btw you don't post on the BBC Buffy board do you?  :D

Yes! I do! My usename is Ki

Who are you?

KIWI

Same name as here. I used to post there a lot but haven't been on for year(s) until today. I saw you on there a bit earlier :D

Oh cool! Yea as nice as the BBC boards are, they have so many restrictions that I don't go on there that much anymore either.

See ya over there :P

KIWI

So all the most popular guests then?!  :D

In that case get there as early as poss.  I'd say you'll have no chance at 11am.  Get there before 8am!

Lol, yes the popular ones! I live a good hour and a half journey away so if i leave mine at 6:30am I can get to Milton Keynes by 8am

Ouch, I dont normally get out of bed till at least 10am :D

KIWI

Yeah I got up really early last year & had to travel a long way & missed all the tickets for the people I wanted to meet because I got there at opening time. You need to be really early esp for the most popular guests.

Who are you?

KIWI

Same name as here. I used to post there a lot but haven't been on for year(s) until today. I saw you on there a bit earlier :D

Oh cool! Yea as nice as the BBC boards are, they have so many restrictions that I don't go on there that much anymore either.

KIWI

Yeah I hate the whole system & it's sooooooo slow so I got fed up with it.

Who are you?

KIWI

KIWI

Yeah I hate the whole system & it's sooooooo slow so I got fed up with it.

Yea, exactly, I only just discoverd this message board! I've been looking forward to Collectormania for months, i couldn't go last year even though I really wanted to because I am a huge 24 fan and I so wanted to meet Penny Johnson Jerald!!!! Im really really looking forward to it now an I am going to have to work so hard to get about £100 together for the day :o

But it`ll be worth it

KIWI

Yeah I went to C4 but not C5 because I love LOTR & Harry Potter as well as Buffy

Im not a Harry Potter fan but LOTR is ok. A lot of my friends are huge Billy Boyd fans and I don't think most of them will be able to come to C6 with me so i really want to get some things signed and take photos for them. I decided, Im getting a train which arrives at about 7:40am, then i`ll be there in plenty of time and I`ll get the most out of the day. Thanks for everyones help :D

KIWI

Do you think friday will be as busy as the week-end days ?? :D I mean, do I have to wait for tickets at 8.00 AM as well ?

I want to meet Nick Brendon (which will obsviously be very popular) but I also want to meet Amanda Tapping and all the ST guys. I'm afraid they will be quite popular as well, don't they ? :D

• Moderators

Friday is never AS busy as the weekend, due to people working, but then again it does depend on how many people book the day off or decide to skive off work lol And it also depends if anyone is announced to appear on the Friday only, that could make a difference! I wouldn't say get there as early as the weekend days tho :D

Obviously, I will try to meet as many guests as possible on friday. Hopefully there will be some of the "main" guests. That way, I would have a lot of time on saturday to meet the other guests or just walk around the stalls and then on sunday I will go to the talks (well, the first two). Sounds like a good week-end to me :lol:

I have only ever been to Collectormania for the 1 day and until C5 I had always been on a Saturday and arrived between 9am and 9:30 and I have always met everyone I set out to meet and that is between 8 and 14 guests. I did also go to C4 on the monday so that I could meet Elijah, Sean and Dom and even though I arrived at about 9:45 I still got a ticket for all 3 of them.

I did attend C5 on the friday though as all the guests I wanted to meet were there and thought that a Friday would be far less busy and it was, its not just people attending C5 that make up the crowd, on the weekend you have the normal shoppers who just stand around looking at what is going on and they double the amount of people who would normally be there so if the guests you want to meet are their on the Friday I would try and go on the friday.

I have only ever been to Collectormania for the 1 day and until C5 I had always been on a Saturday and arrived between 9am and 9:30 and I have always met everyone I set out to meet and that is between 8 and 14 guests. I did also go to C4 on the monday so that I could meet Elijah, Sean and Dom and even though I arrived at about 9:45 I still got a ticket for all 3 of them.

I did attend C5 on the friday though as all the guests I wanted to meet were there and thought that a Friday would be far less busy and it was, its not just people attending C5 that make up the crowd, on the weekend you have the normal shoppers who just stand around looking at what is going on and they double the amount of people who would normally be there so if the guests you want to meet are their on the Friday I would try and go on the friday.

Im seriously considering skiving off school now!!!!

I planned my journey for saturday and im gonna have to get a train from my place at 6:24am in order to get to milton keyens at 8am:(

How horrible is that

KIWI