6 replies to this topic

#1 CosmicAvatar

CosmicAvatar

Cinematographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:45 AM

There's obviously a separate thread for feedback, but I haven't seen a thank-you thread (apologies if I've missed it), so I'm putting it here for anyone who wants to spread the love.

I had a very relaxed event and the crew were their usual excellent selves.  Particular thanks go to:  the bloke managing the "front line" for Garrett Wang on Friday for making sure I'd got something to sign before going up to the desk - I'd completely forgotten the different system here.  The guys managing the busiest photo queues outside A and B on Saturday were in good voice prioritizing the batches (Phil was doing the former and I can't remember the name of the guy handling the latter although he did a great job at LFCC too).  Shout-out to Michelle (on Chase Masterson's desk on the Friday) - she made it so much easier for me to strike up a conversation instead of being my usual tongue-tied self!  But everyone I'd met was polite and helpful as always.

Thank you to the guests I met, who were all great (particularly Connor Trinneer for remembering me on the Saturday after we'd met on Friday despite being horribly jet-lagged).  I wish I could have made some repeat visits for those I'd met before (Armin, Terry, George, I'm looking at you).

Finally, big thanks to SM/ME, for putting on the event in the first place.  As always, I have some wonderful memories to take away.

Edited by CosmicAvatar, 17 October 2016 - 06:46 AM.

• DrBungle likes this

Some of my meetage: Jensen Ackles, Freema Agyeman, Gillian Anderson, David Anders, Amir Arison, Rene Auberjonois, Erick Avari, Jane Badler, Tom Baker, Scott Bakula, Adam Baldwin, John Barrowman, Amber Benson, Brian Blessed, Marc Blucas, Barry Bostwick, Grant Bowler, Nick Brendon, Avery Brooks, LeVar Burton, Adam Busch, Charisma Carpenter, Joanna Cassidy, Emma Caulfield, Chris Claremont, Jenna Louise Coleman, Misha Collins, Jeffrey Combs, Bernard Cribbins, Lenora Crichlow, Benedict Cumberbatch, Charles Dance, John Rhys Davies, Nicole de Boer, Thomas Dekker, John DeLancie, Peter Dinklage, Michael Dorn, Nelsan Ellis, Robert Englund, Terry Farrell, Lou Ferrigno, Nathan Fillion, Carrie Fisher, Jerome Flynn, Michelle Forbes, Michael J Fox, Jonathan Frakes, Michael Gambon, Mark Gatiss, Karen Gillan, Jack Gleeson, Summer Glau, Iain Glen, Julian Glover, Greg Grunberg,Joel Gretsch, Linda Hamilton, David Hasselhoff, Richard Hatch, Rutger Hauer, Anthony Head, Lena Headey, JG Hertzler, Lance Henriksen, Christopher Heyerdahl, John Hurt, Michael Ironside, Derek Jacobi, Famke Jansen, Richard Kiel, Alex Kingston, Phil LaMarr, Christopher Lambert, Juliet Landau, Stan (The Man) Lee, Robert Knepper, Walter Koenig, Nicholas Lea, Fredric Lehne, Christopher Lloyd, Joe Manganiello, James Marsters, Robert Maschio, Ian McDiarmid, Malcolm McDowell, Gates McFadden, Jason Momoa, Glenn Morshower, Kate Mulgrew, Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine, Nichelle Nichols, Leonard Nimoy, Edward James Olmos, Robert O'Reilly, Jeremy Renner, Jared Padalecki, Hayden Panettiere, Jim Parrack, Adrian Pasdar, Robert Patrick, Bill Paxton, Ron Perlman, Mitch Pileggi, Billie Piper, Suzi Plakson, Terry Pratchett, Sendhil Ramamurthy, J August Richards, Jeff Ricketts, Andrew Robinson, Mark Rolston, Stephanie Romanov, Cristine Rose, Brandon Routh, Jeri Ryan, Robin Sachs, Katee Sackhoff, William Shatner, Mark Sheppard, Morgan Sheppard, Armin Shimerman, John Simm, Marina Sirtis, Tom Sizemore, Matt Smith, Brent Spiner, Jewel Staite, Patrick Stewart, Kristine Sutherland, George Takei, David Tennant, TJ Thyne, Stephen Tobolowsky, Russell Tovey, Alan Tudyk, Aidan Turner, Karl Urban, Milo Ventimiglia, Nana Visitor, Sigourney Weaver, Steven Williams, Tom Wlaschiha, DB Woodside.

#2 ptenbob

ptenbob

Composer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:20 AM

You're welcome :)

(Photo B Saturday shouty man)

• CosmicAvatar likes this

#3 bandcat

bandcat

Assistant Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:27 AM

I would first like to thank all the guests who attended who we all fabulous. Some made me laugh when I was beginning to struggle which help make the weekend for me.

I would also like to give a big thank you to all the staff, especially those who did their best to find me chairs when I was struggling to stand in the queues.

Also thanks to the staff that gave myself and my mum the extra help on saturday to get one autograph - you know who you are and I know you must have been very busy

Facebook : http://www.facebook....hp?id=683516557

Twitter: @bandcat

#4 HalloSpaceboy

HalloSpaceboy

Runner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:00 AM

It was my first convention so thanks to all the staff who had helped alleviate any confusion and for doing the best they could during the chaotic photo sessions.

Didn't get to meet as many guests as I had planned but shout out to George, Walter and Terry who were delightful. Also although a (understandably) brief encounter Bill made an effort to say hi and thanks during the bridge shoot which was as much as I had hoped (I was too nervous to say more haha).

Edited by HalloSpaceboy, 11 October 2016 - 10:48 AM.

#5 Matt99

Matt99

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:27 AM

Vicky on Photo Shoot C was small and scary, but lovely. If I could have afforded it I would have bought extra tickets just so I could go back and be ordered around by her some more.

#6 Muppet

Muppet

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:57 AM

I would like to thank the crew managing the autograph area around Walter/George/Wil.  They were incredibly patient and helpful and helped me to ensure I got all three of the aforementioned autographs on the Sunday when I'd tried and failed on the Saturday.  Thank you so much guys. :thumbup:

In fact, every crew person I talked to or asked a question was helpful, friendly and polite in what was often a very stressd and manic situation so thank you to you all; you made the weekend as easy as you possibly could and I'm incredibly grateful, as I'm sure many other are. :clap:

Edited by Muppet, 17 October 2016 - 04:59 AM.

#7 Muppet

Muppet

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:58 AM

Edited by Muppet, 17 October 2016 - 04:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users