Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Friendly Dalek

Thoughts on "The Pilot"

8 posts in this topic

I thought this was a great start to Series 10. Capaldi was brilliant as ever, Pearl Mackie made a great first impression as Bill, amd Matt Lucas was surprisingly entertaining as Nardole.

The episode had a rather creepy villian as well, and it seriously reminded me of The Flood from "The Waters Of Mars." However, I felt that The Daleks and The Movellans were just there for fan service as they added nothing to the plot.

Overall, a solid first episode, and I look forward to "Smile" next Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I liked it too. Thought the same thing about the villain against The Flood from The Waters of Mars! lol Looking forward to the rest of the series with the tease at the credits! :smile:

 

Only problem is I've now got a theory that sounds very outlandish and crazy regarding Bill and the photos on the desk in the office! :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the first episode very boring, However the trailers were good and looking forward to the other episodes.. :no: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was positively surprised by this.  I didn't enjoy the last series very much, I wasn't overly fond of Clara and have found Peter Capaldi my least favourite of the modern Doctors but I enjoyed this episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I was positively surprised by this.  I didn't enjoy the last series very much, I wasn't overly fond of Clara and have found Peter Capaldi my least favourite of the modern Doctors but I enjoyed this episode.

Smith is my least favourite of the modern Doctors. I love Capaldi, and he is very similar to one of my favourite Doctors (the 3rd). I also wasn't overly keen on Clara. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Smith is my least favourite of the modern Doctors. I love Capaldi, and he is very similar to one of my favourite Doctors (the 3rd). I also wasn't overly keen on Clara. 

This series might make me like Capaldi more if it keeps going like this.  I love Tennant and Smith equally and really couldn't pick between them but I think my issues began in Smiths last series - I started to get a bit bored with the stories (IIRC they were quite complicated as they were heavy on threads that had been building for a long time and you had to remember it all) and then wasn't impressed with Capaldi's introduction and story line.  Combine that with the presence of Clara and it meant I'v just been 'meh' about Capaldi's tenure so far.

I don't dislike Pertwee either but he's not one of my favourites of the old Who so like you say, they are similar which might be why they aren't at the top of my lists :lol:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

This series might make me like Capaldi more if it keeps going like this.  I love Tennant and Smith equally and really couldn't pick between them but I think my issues began in Smiths last series - I started to get a bit bored with the stories (IIRC they were quite complicated as they were heavy on threads that had been building for a long time and you had to remember it all) and then wasn't impressed with Capaldi's introduction and story line.  Combine that with the presence of Clara and it meant I'v just been 'meh' about Capaldi's tenure so far.

I don't dislike Pertwee either but he's not one of my favourites of the old Who so like you say, they are similar which might be why they aren't at the top of my lists :lol:

My biggest issue with Smith's tenure has always been the over-complicated writing. I really started losing interest in Series 6, rather than Series 7 like you. I wasn't keen on Clara, but Amy wasn't that much better. And fair enough if you don't like Pertwee, I've received lots of c**p in the past from David Tennant lovers as I say I don't really like his Doctor, so I know you're entitled to your opinion on Doctors and I won't judge :D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe me I won't give you a hard time for not liking Tennant, it's what keeps everything interesting that we all have our own preferences and love each Doctor (or not) in their own right.

My memory is terrible so I think what you said about Smith is more accurate for me as well on reflection.  It wasn't just his last series, it had been building for a bit but I do still love his Doctor, I should just narrow it down to the first half of his tenure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0