Show us your pics :)

gidda1974

On the Saturday we were told by a lady who seemed to be acting on instructions from Ursula's agent that no photos or videoing was allowed anywhere in the signing area at all, not just for Ursula, but the entire signing area.

Clearly that was totally wrong as some guests like Sir Stirling and Dave Scott and I'm sure others too were posing at the desks.

I've been to every Autographica since 2001, only missed the first one, and have never been told anything like that before.

Must admit that did leave us with a bad feeling for a few mins afterwards. Like others have said in other threads on here, it did seem to affect the atmosphere. People seemed to be having a real fun time until getting told about photos and video.

Naturally after most of us spend a lot of money it's not nice to then feel as if we've all done something wrong. Especially when Autographica has always been very fan friendly with regards to photos and video. In fact that was one of the things the show always prided itself on right from the early days and I'm sure a lot of us fell in love with the show because of that fan friendly feeling.

Of course there may be the occasional guest who doesn't want to do posed photos. But the rule on that has usually always been that a non posed photo taken from the side is fine. And if that has to be a non flash photo then fair enough.

It seems that on this occasion some of the people telling us what to do didn't know the usual things that happen at Autographica. Or, some had a different interpretation of the rules to others. So many of us got told different things.

I don't blame Dave or Jason for this. I'm sure they have problems with agents who act like they're running the show instead of D and J lol. But I do wish that everyone in charge in the signing room throughout the day were all on the same page so we don't get conflicting issues with photos and video rules. If theres no filming at all then fine, put up a sign saying that and we all know.

But on this occasion many people on here have been given different answers. So some got photos taken and some didn't. And as I said we were told no filming of anyone. Which of course leaves many of us disappointed. Which is a shame after we all go to lots of expense to support these great shows.

As for the rest of the show I have nothing but praise. This show was the best Autographica I'd been to in a few years. We thoroughly enjoyed doing the professional photo shoots during the first half of the day. I'd never done so many photo shoots in one day, six in total. And I'd like to give some praise to Malcolm the photographer. He did a great job. Polite and professional with everyone, and the photos themselves were excellent.

And meeting Ursula herself was great. She was warm, friendly and talked to us for quite a bit about Dr No and how she thought it was the best Bond because it was more realistic.

The Scott Carpenter talk was also excellent. I'd met Scott previously a few years ago at Autographica in Coventry but hadn't been to a talk by him. I really enjoyed that.

So everything about the day went brilliantly, just up until that no photo/video moment. Looking through the posts it seems a lot of other collectors had a similar feeling.

Just that one issue in an otherwise excellent day.

Thanks to Dave, Jason, guest assistants, the very friendly and helpful man on the main desk, the very nice and friendly man on the photo shoot door all day, and everyone else for all the hard work and effort you put in to give us such a memorable day.

Looking forward to the next one already. (I'll put in an early request for Chuck Yeager as a guest. It was great to hear Scott Carpenter talk so warmly about him during the talk).

Here are some of my pictures from Autographica 14:

ciarandavescott450.jpg

With Dave Scott.

ciaranalworden450.jpg

With Al Worden.

ciaranursulaandress450.jpg

With Ursula Andress.

ciaranscottstaffordword.jpg

With Dave Scott, General Tom Stafford and Al Worden.

ciaranedwardfox450.jpg

With Edward Fox.

ciaranjulietwallace450.jpg

With Julie T. Wallace.

ciarancarmendusautoy450.jpg

With Carmen du Sautoy.

ciaranolgabisera450.jpg

With Olga Bisera.

ciaranevarueberstaier45.jpg

With Eva Reuber-Staier.

ciaranstirlingmoss450.jpg

With Sir Stirling Moss.

ciaranrustygoffejulieda.jpg

With Rusty Goffe and Julie Dawn Cole.

ciarantomstafford450.jpg

With General Tom Stafford.

ciaranscottcarpenter450.jpg

With Scott Carpenter.

• Showmasters Admin

Ciaron is a prime example of someone who knows how to enjoy himself.

I have never heard him moan about anything and he gets some great photos. No doubt when he looks back on his life when he is old and grey he will have thousands of happy memories to keep him warm.

Carry on enjoying yourself ciaron you are a great exponent of what Autographica is all about.

Dave

Thank you all for your lovely comments about my photos.

It is thanks to my dad that I have so many photos to remind me of the guests which I am lucky enough to meet. These images are also an important part of my website which, thanks to the events that Showmasters organise, has grown to be very big.

I always like to dress smartly for the dinner and my shirt is a genuine American, 1970s tuxedo shirt.

I'll also try to make sure that my watch is visible next time!

Dave, thank you very much for your kind remarks - I feel very flattered.

Finally, I'd like to add this photo which I took of my dad with Julie:

dadjulietwallaceclosecr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...