Cosplay Group Photoshoots on Stage @ 4pm - Big £150 prize for best

COSPLAY GROUP PHOTOSHOOTS - WE WANT TO INVOLVE YOU MORE! BIG PRIZE!

We Want to Involve You More! Following the massive-popularity of the impromptu Doctor-Who photoshoot at last October's Entertainment Media Show, we can confirm that the 2nd stage between the times of 4pm to 5pm on both days (just after the Masquerade) shall be given over for Cosplay Group Photoshoots on stage. Groups are expected to be a large number of people on stage following a similiar theme (ie: from a specific show, style etc, it can be wide-ranging).

If you are considering organising a group then you can book a 20-minute slot by emailing cosplay@animeleague.com !

On Sunday we shall announce the Best Group based on how much entertainment they gave the watching crowd and the overall quality of the costumes. This group will win £150 to split between it's participants! Even more reason to get your cosplay on!

Edit: 60+ was an estimate for the largest ones, any size is fine including smaller, just make sure to book it beforehand. Apologies for any confusion here with the wording.

PHOTOSHOOT TIMETABLE

SATURDAY

4pm - Comics Characters Group Photoshoot

4:20pm - Doctor Who/Torchwood Characters Group Photoshoot

4:40pm - The Hunger Games Group Photoshoot

SUNDAY

4pm - Anime Characters Group Photoshoot

4:30pm - Doctor Who/Torchwood Group Photoshoot

Edited by Animeleague

Glad someone bumped this thread up, I would have missed it otherwise. It would have been nice of you to email those of us who thought we had already booked slots if you were suddenly going to change things. 60+? Looks like my 20 or so Hunger Games cosplayers are now out. Not really impressed to be honest.

Edited by x_moonshine_x

As someone that typically cosplays Amy Pond (but had my hopes set on a Hunger Games group on the stage, that was originally promised to us) can I just say that 60+ is kinda ridiculous... even the Whovians don't get that anymore, and they're BY FAR the biggest group that tends to turn up.

I'm so confused by this. :/

This is pretty ridiculous - I was really excited at being part of the Hunger Games group and having everyone on stage for photos, but now I find that (even though x_moonshine_x had been previously told we had a spot), that we no longer have one?

And 60+ people in a single group? I'll be impressed if this is actually achieved, even more so if there are more than just one 60+ groups...

Okay so there is a group of about 20 or so Hunger Games cosplayers in a group on facebook, and yeah okay there could be a few more on the day but the people who are doing it singley may not read the board and know anything about the chance to get groups pics as well as any other groups there are so how is it fair to say you need 60+ people. Does this mean all the Hunger Games cosplayers (and other groups of course) have to spend the day walking round trying to find more cosplayers of the same film just so they can get their group up to 60 people. Somehow I don't think so. Also on another cosplay point your rules for weaponary is kinda out dated its the same one that has been used for years now and it needs a bit of a update especially with movies such as Hunger Games and Avengers now consisting of bows and cosplayers wanting to have these weapons. Bows are definitely under 5ft but at the end of the day they are live because they have bow strings, one company says no strung bows. No offence but thats pointless as its then just a slightly bent piece of plastic. So can we maybe get an update on the rules for long bows, recurves, cross bows etc

• 2 weeks later...

So that everyone is aware, we will be organising an Anime Cosplayers Photoshoot on the Saturday at 4pm. This will be one of the six (3 per day) large group cosplay photoshoots taking place between 4pm to 5pm on each day on stage.

We will be confirming the Group cosplay Photoshoot timetable shortly. Currently we can confirm The Hunger Games, Doctor Who, Torchwood and Anime Cosplayers photoshoots.

We'd also like to see a Comics Cosplayers Photoshoot as well, so if anyone would like to organise one, or knows a group/people who could then please do get in touch with us on info@animeleague.com thanks.

This leaves one slot for group photoshoots, so please ensure to get your application in to us as soon as possible to book your spot.

Edited by Animeleague

So that everyone is aware, we will be organising an Anime Cosplayers Photoshoot on the Saturday at 4pm. This will be one of the six (3 per day) large group cosplay photoshoots taking place between 4pm to 5pm on each day on stage.

We will be confirming the Group cosplay Photoshoot timetable shortly. Currently we can confirm The Hunger Games, Doctor Who, Torchwood and Anime Cosplayers photoshoots.

The Doctor Who and Torchwood meet up should be the same group. Can someone confirm that they are together?

I did reply last week about being up for organising a comic shoot as I know lots of people who'll be in comic costumes but no one got back to me so I haven't started recruiting. If you guys still want a comic shoot then please reply here and let me know so I can actually put out a call.

Have emailed you, thanks Vamp_Rouge. We can give you 4pm Saturday slot.

Here's the photoshoot timetable. We now have one free slot, so almost full -

SATURDAY

4pm - Comics Characters Group Photoshoot

4:20pm - Doctor Who/Torchwood Characters Group Photoshoot

4:40pm - The Hunger Games Group Photoshoot

SUNDAY

4pm - Anime Characters Group Photoshoot

4:30pm - Doctor Who/Torchwood Group Photoshoot

Edited by Animeleague