Jocks & Cheerleaders Party

slaycandy

Party Theme  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Jocks & Cheerleaders party theme?

• Yes - Pep Rally (Jocks & Cheerleaders only)
    • Yes - Homecoming (Jocks, Cheerleaders & Formal Wear)
    • Not Bothered
    • Neither, I don't like the idea

• Showmasters Admin

Hey guys,

having been viewing the Party Themes thread with interest since it was started, the 'Jocks and Cheerleaders' theme seemed to be cropping up a lot. I know that Mark liked the idea and was thinking of using it for the event, but we just wanted a little bit of feedback to see what everybody thought about the theme.

I know not everyone likes to take part in the theme nights, but I added in an option for 'Homecoming' where you can wear more formal wear, as a way to try and entice those who wouldn't normally to take part to throw on a nice dress, or suit and come along in costume, :blush:

So, lets see some votes, :blush:

SJ

x

• Showmasters Admin

Homecoming! Def gives a wider scope of choice :blush:

Welcome to the boards jamesy! :blush: Good to see you've crossed over from being 'annonymous' lol, :blink:

I voted 'Homecoming' too, I bought a prom dress in the states, and need to wear it again, LOL! (I did wear it to my prom, but hey that was years ago now!)

SJ

xox

Homecoming! Def gives a wider scope of choice :blush:

Welcome to the boards jamesy! :blush: Good to see you've crossed over from being 'annonymous' lol, :poki:

I voted 'Homecoming' too, I bought a prom dress in the states, and need to wear it again, LOL! (I did wear it to my prom, but hey that was years ago now!)

SJ

xox

Why thank you SJ :blink: hehe. Lets hope you get to wear that dress of yours, mwahahahaha!

• 1 month later...

I like the idea but for those who don't already have formal wear, it could turn out to be fairly expensive. Why not expand the theme to be Highschool Movies/TV. That then gives people the option of going with school uniform (which is fairly cheap to assemble) or dressing up as Carrie or someone from Grease, etc. Just a suggestion...

I like the idea but for those who don't already have formal wear, it could turn out to be fairly expensive. Why not expand the theme to be Highschool Movies/TV. That then gives people the option of going with school uniform (which is fairly cheap to assemble) or dressing up as Carrie or someone from Grease, etc. Just a suggestion...

Good point, i didn't think of those who dont allready have formal wear

I like the idea of expanding it to a highschool movies/tv

:)

• Showmasters Admin

Ultimately the theme was just going to be purely jocks and cheerleaders.... it had proved a very popular idea in the party themes thread, and the idea of formal wear being included in the idea of homecoming was purely to open it up to people who don't want to run around dressed as a jock/cheerleader for the evening. So the 'Homecoming' party theme already covers a wider range than the pep rally idea, as it will be jocks, cheerleaders and formal wear as an added option that you can wear. The idea was to be related to Claire being a cheerleader and the jocks at her school, along with the episode name from Heroes, 'Homecoming'.

If you want to turn it into a school disco I personally feel that's moving in a direction away from the 'Heroes' aspect of the party theme. Not to mention that school discos are a bit over-done now. That's just my personal opinion, I know some people love school discos and think it's a classic party theme. I just felt that the Jocks & Cheerleaders (and formal wear option) party was different, new, and event/series-related.

This poll was merely set up to see if people wanted it to be a purely Jocks & Cheerleaders themed party, or if they wanted the option of formal wear added into that theme for those who choose it. The theme isn't Jocks & Cheerleaders or Formal wear.

I hope that made sense. I set up the poll so Mark & Jason can get feedback, (I obviously won't be making any decisions on this) so I'm sure they'll read all comments posted in here so they can decide how they are going to do this theme in the end, so everyone's opinions are of course welcome, that's just mine, :)

SJ

xox