Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news. But it looks like Cy Town has also passed away. An extensive list of credits as an extra, and mostly an operator of the Daleks

I'll have to check around but if this true, that leaves only Mike Mungarven as the sole Dalek Operator of the Classic Series to my knowledge.

15 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Okay so what i'm about to say isn't me being a OTT woke person but a genuine concern that i would like to raise surrounding the announcement of Rupert Grint.

Now let me preface this by saying none of this is directed at Grint himself as he has no part in this, but announcing a big Harry Potter star at this point in time was probably a bad idea, now i understand they're all actors and Grint has distanced himself from JK Rowling, but given the recent news about her it can be viewed as bad timing, especially given the years of blatant transphobia by her, and the more recent Holocaust denial by her, this is in my opinion a bad time given that an announcement is interpret-able as promotion to that series.

thats how i feel about it really, i know its a darker turn but i just feel that this can be viewed in many different lights given recent events.

As you say, Rupert like most of his cast mates have long distanced themselves from the witterings of JK Rowling, so hopefully any backlash will be kept to a minimum if there is one at all. 

So as one of the main cast members I can see him being really busy

19 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

No one can, theyre complaining about everything from price to location, a lot of people are excited but damn even a massive one who isn't doctor who is still complained about.

on the brighter side Boreanaz has been announced for Saturday as well so it means more chances for those who do want to meet him.

That one passed me by, I didnt see they added Saturday as well. If I didnt get everything I needed him to sign last Autumn, then he would be the main guest for me this year.

Well until they announced BRIAN BLESSED that is. I've been wanting to meet him for such a long time. I've dealt with him at work many years ago, but never had a chance to meet him

28 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

As you say, Rupert like most of his cast mates have long distanced themselves from the witterings of JK Rowling, so hopefully any backlash will be kept to a minimum if there is one at all. 

So as one of the main cast members I can see him being really busy

Both Grint and Boreanaz will be the busiest ones short of them announcing a much bigger name, and i can see this as being a near repeat of the Joseph Quinn Disaster, and thats not taking Denise Richards into account, by all means another big guest, so maybe they're not going to bring us a big Doctor who guest this time, which breaks up their streak they've had since 2021 when they were able to resume business which is now 8 events.

best we can hope for is that they're placed in different areas from each-other one at the top of the stairs opposite side of the building to the guest hall and pray for the best.

as it is rn i'm still hoping for an appearance by David Tennant at least once this year because i want him on Series 4 and my Copy of "The Day of the Doctor" because then i'll have him apart of a growing set of the main Tennant era names and then with Matt Smith on that story.

30 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

That one passed me by, I didnt see they added Saturday as well. If I didnt get everything I needed him to sign last Autumn, then he would be the main guest for me this year.

Well until they announced BRIAN BLESSED that is. I've been wanting to meet him for such a long time. I've dealt with him at work many years ago, but never had a chance to meet him

I'm unsure if i can make that event sadly i maybe able to but i'm at this time unsure especially as they do have some pretty big names, but even then, its before a payday in a busy couple of months on what i need to pay for so its an unlikely at this point, even if i've met and already have most of them already, it is sad for me that i cant make it.

45 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I'm unsure if i can make that event sadly i maybe able to but i'm at this time unsure especially as they do have some pretty big names, but even then, its before a payday in a busy couple of months on what i need to pay for so its an unlikely at this point, even if i've met and already have most of them already, it is sad for me that i cant make it.

Hopefully, things work out for you, or at the very least they dont announce someone you desperately need if you cant make it.

This is the convention I'm most intrigued by, as I know they used to have them in the shopping centre before moving to the stadium, but at the time I had a job where I couldnt get the weekends off, 

In my current job we have exhibited there several times, so it will be interesting to see how they utilise the space. 

On 3/28/2024 at 10:20 PM, D-C-A said:

Both Grint and Boreanaz will be the busiest ones short of them announcing a much bigger name, and i can see this as being a near repeat of the Joseph Quinn Disaster, and thats not taking Denise Richards into account, by all means another big guest, so maybe they're not going to bring us a big Doctor who guest this time, which breaks up their streak they've had since 2021 when they were able to resume business which is now 8 events.

best we can hope for is that they're placed in different areas from each-other one at the top of the stairs opposite side of the building to the guest hall and pray for the best.

as it is rn i'm still hoping for an appearance by David Tennant at least once this year because i want him on Series 4 and my Copy of "The Day of the Doctor" because then i'll have him apart of a growing set of the main Tennant era names and then with Matt Smith on that story.

i hope tennant get announced for a SM event soon aswell 

On 3/28/2024 at 9:28 PM, D-C-A said:

I'll have to check around but if this true, that leaves only Mike Mungarven as the sole Dalek Operator of the Classic Series to my knowledge.

Sadly it has been confirmed by multiple sources.

We have Hugh Spight as well who operated a Dalek in Remembrance, but you are right we have very few left

56 minutes ago, LSmith said:

i hope tennant get announced for a SM event soon aswell 

I need him on so many items, not all Doctor Who mind. Damn him for being so good in whatever show or play he does

19 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Coming back to another Actress, that has cropped up in our conversations recently. Wanda Ventham has been announced at an event have all used 

Yeah i saw and now i'm gonna be going... needed to be frugal, yet they do me like this.

4 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Time to get excited, I'm just had confirmation of my Tom Baker send in is ready. Cant wait to get see it

Thats good i had confirmation of my order last night for my Season 15, so that should arrive within the week i'm hoping

• Like 1

We've had some announcements

Mike-Collins-Base-Image-Summer-2024.jpg

Whilst working mainly as a comic artist for numerous comics that i can't at this time be bothered to list out we have Mike Collins who worked as a storyboard artists from series 9 to 11 and worked on the majority of Class, meaning for his signature you'll need Series 9, 10, "Twice upon a time", 11 & Class.

he is signing for free and is attending on all of the days.

and on a more important note we have this man who presented Blue Peter (Which is odd because i never met peter):

Web-Peter-Purves.jpg

Peter Purves played the 1st Doctor companion (And good friend of William Hartnell) Steven Taylor from "The Chase" to "The Savages", meaning his line up of Content is more dotted than if this post was written in brail so i'll do my best to list them Below.

Purves for his TV work can be on "Lost in Time", "The Aztecs" (Special Edition), "The Chase", "The Time Meddler", "Galaxy 4", "The Ark" and "The Gunfighters" for DVD with "Galaxy 4" also Available for Blu Ray and Steelbook, whilst "Galaxy 4", "The Myth Makers", "The Daleks Masterplan", "The Massacre", "The Celestial Toymaker" & "The Savages" available on CD, and of course because of more recent developments you can also get him on your Season 2 boxsets.

I of course have already made it extremely clear what i'm getting him on being "The Aztecs" (Special Edition), the CDs of "The Massacre" and "The Celestial Toymaker" and finally of course on "The Light at the End".

he is attending on the sunday and unlike Maureen O'Brien he is only £15 for a Autograph or photo and is offering a duel option with Maureen for £40

7 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

and on a more important note we have this man who presented Blue Peter (Which is odd because i never met peter):

Web-Peter-Purves.jpg

Peter Purves played the 1st Doctor companion (And good friend of William Hartnell) Steven Taylor from "The Chase" to "The Savages", meaning his line up of Content is more dotted than if this post was written in brail so i'll do my best to list them Below.

Purves for his TV work can be on "Lost in Time", "The Aztecs" (Special Edition), "The Chase", "The Time Meddler", "Galaxy 4", "The Ark" and "The Gunfighters" for DVD with "Galaxy 4" also Available for Blu Ray and Steelbook, whilst "Galaxy 4", "The Myth Makers", "The Daleks Masterplan", "The Massacre", "The Celestial Toymaker" & "The Savages" available on CD, and of course because of more recent developments you can also get him on your Season 2 boxsets.

I of course have already made it extremely clear what i'm getting him on being "The Aztecs" (Special Edition), the CDs of "The Massacre" and "The Celestial Toymaker" and finally of course on "The Light at the End".

he is attending on the sunday and unlike Maureen O'Brien he is only £15 for a Autograph or photo and is offering a duel option with Maureen for £40

Bet you are happy with this announcement. Finally after months of gentle hints, they sneak his announcement in with the comic guests.

I'll be getting him on a poster, like Maureen, and the double shoot is a must

2 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Bet you are happy with this announcement. Finally after months of gentle hints, they sneak his announcement in with the comic guests.

The Double Shoot is by all accounts a great option to have and it just makes me wish more and more Jackie Lane was still alive cause then a Duo would be offered there, or even if Jean Marsh was still doing events another Great duo option there of course.

4 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

And yes i am excited and Thrilled for him to be excited because now i can get those two on "The Light at the End" together correcting 2/3 of my mistake in 2022 of not doing so (Showmasters get Janet Fielding back, you've already got Sophie Aldred) and then i can fix that mistake and have a set completed

so i received an email update, i'm getting a partial refund on an order because of Leesons ill health, he was unable to sign my copy of Season 15 so thats going to be without his name for the foreseeable future, which is a bummer as i had hoped to have him and Tom on a set together as the only other set i have Tom on is the very brief line up of Him, Matthew Waterhouse and Sarah Sutton, so having John on another set would have put me a step closer to another line up.

again show-masters Janet Fielding is highly requested by at least 3 people, so please bring her back, there would be a very easy £60-£80 for you

5 hours ago, D-C-A said:

so i received an email update, i'm getting a partial refund on an order because of Leesons ill health, he was unable to sign my copy of Season 15 so thats going to be without his name for the foreseeable future, which is a bummer as i had hoped to have him and Tom on a set together as the only other set i have Tom on is the very brief line up of Him, Matthew Waterhouse and Sarah Sutton, so having John on another set would have put me a step closer to another line up.

again show-masters Janet Fielding is highly requested by at least 3 people, so please bring her back, there would be a very easy £60-£80 for you

Which means that he also didnt sign my Remembrance DVD that I sent it. Damn

3 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I hear Derek Martin was ill over the weekend as well, so hopefully both recover soon

Yeah that I saw as well, which is a shame as I wanted him on a couple of items as “Ambassadors of death” needs everyone I can get given that to my knowledge the only ones alive are John Levene and a bunch of Extras (Aside from Margot Hayhoe)

16 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Which means that he also didnt sign my Remembrance DVD that I sent it. Damn

Yeah I think you’re out of luck on that one there, I’m hoping somewhere books Leeson this year So I can add him to some more Sets IE Series 2, K9 and Company & Season 15

On 4/2/2024 at 3:39 PM, D-C-A said:

Web-Peter-Purves.jpg

very happy with this one

• Like 1