Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

I’m hoping Showmasters will have some sense and decide to hold off until the winter event knowing that a lot of fans will want signed items and that their isn’t going to be a loss if fans can bring their own items like DVDs and Blu Rays compared to their could be such if their isn’t those items on the market, if they announced Gatwa and Gibson (which is extremely unlikely) they could at the very least have “the Church on Ruby road” release for them, and with Bonnie Langford who I think will make more appearances over the next year we have a large backlog of releases for her as is, even with Yasmin Finney we have the 60th anniversary specials.

that said even one guest star I’ve noticed which is June Hudson we have a backlog of her being any release from Season 17-18 as she was the costume designer and made a cameo in “Class”.

its just something to think about of course.

Thats my hope too, at least for the big name guest stars at the very least. It of course depends on guest availability, and if they get x,y or z they are of course not going to turn them down.

June Hudson would also be a great guest, covering both classic era and new era. 

One group I can foresee a convention going for is the four actors who are playing the Beatles, if you're getting one of their autographs, it's pretty certain you are going to wanting to get the other three. I give this idea for free, but I'm sure others have thought about this

15 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Some unexpected news. Anneke Wills has been added to an event next weekend. Whilst it is sold out. It does give hope that she will do more events in the future

WAIT WHAT, what event was this?

8 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

WAIT WHAT, what event was this?

Spearhead 3 for Cygnus Alpha. They literally only announced her yesterday as a last minute guest.

So hopefully we will see her elsewhere this year

On 4/24/2024 at 10:05 PM, D-C-A said:

The more the better in my opinion as i could do with more names especially as i realised Terry Molloy is overdue to be rebooked and he's moved up the list slightly thanks to acquiring "The Davros Collection" and will be getting David Gooderson on it this weekend

yea i was hoping john simm would be re booked for an event maybe lfcc?

5 hours ago, LSmith said:

yea i was hoping john simm would be re booked for an event maybe lfcc?

Yeah both are overdue they’ve rebooked most of the names from said cancelled event just not those two 

Anyway so brief update as I’m on a train and getting overwhelmed because of some loud people I would consider less than pleasant.

jusy finished the signing turns out my Tomb of the Cybermen already had Michael Killgarriff on it and I hadn’t noticed meaning I could have taken something else anyway, and more importantly if you present something that can have more than a single Davros David Gooderson signs a number as without me asking he said “would you want a number” and signed II to differentiate from Terry Molly just means I now need a Davros III with his signature.

also a lot of them were in good health so that should be some comfort, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Milton Johns didn’t do another event again for a while

18 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Anyway so brief update as I’m on a train and getting overwhelmed because of some loud people I would consider less than pleasant.

jusy finished the signing turns out my Tomb of the Cybermen already had Michael Killgarriff on it and I hadn’t noticed meaning I could have taken something else anyway, and more importantly if you present something that can have more than a single Davros David Gooderson signs a number as without me asking he said “would you want a number” and signed II to differentiate from Terry Molly just means I now need a Davros III with his signature.

also a lot of them were in good health so that should be some comfort, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Milton Johns didn’t do another event again for a while

Good to hear their ok, last time I saw Michael Kilgarrif, he looked a little shaky and his autograph reflected that. I put it down to him having a bad day, sounds like he is doing better

9 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Good to hear their ok, last time I saw Michael Kilgarrif, he looked a little shaky and his autograph reflected that. I put it down to him having a bad day, sounds like he is doing better

Yeah as everyone commented he was looking better this year as opposed to the last and news of Wills has spread quick and people are hopeful of more event appearances.

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Yeah as everyone commented he was looking better this year as opposed to the last and news of Wills has spread quick and people are hopeful of more event appearances.

Hopefully, if word spreads about how many people are wanting to meet her again, she might look to do more events, even if they are the smaller events as opposed to LFCC 

Okay so Showmasters just announced Michael Stevens for Collector-mania please if you're gonna meet him Take "The Sea Devils" for him to sign, he would love that as it hopefully might prove that he's been credited to him, he signed my copy for free and now i want others to acknowledge him, or get him on Season 9.

would love for him to be at LFCC as well i'd get a photo with him and on Season 9 because he is just a sweetheart of a man

• Like 1

The phrase very light on guests for the Friday is an understatement. They only have two so far, and we are only a few days away. I'll be popping over to collect my diamond pass for Brian Blessed and get the lay of the land.

Cant stay too long anyway, as off to see the Phantom Menace in the afternoon

Edited by Mfahey79

17 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Julian Glover has cancelled though, which is not so bad for me as I cant make the Saturday as it stands

As I’ve noticed he does have an interesting track record based on his age it’s not surprise however.

i wish they’d also announce his wife Isla Blair as she’s done some Doctor who and given they’ve been together some 55 years now, I’m sure both would like to do a day out together, and would make sense for a photo op

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

As I’ve noticed he does have an interesting track record based on his age it’s not surprise however.

i wish they’d also announce his wife Isla Blair as she’s done some Doctor who and given they’ve been together some 55 years now, I’m sure both would like to do a day out together, and would make sense for a photo op

And baring in mind she also does the occasional conventions, you would think they would do some together, you would then get both for Indiana Jones and Doctor Who

15 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

And baring in mind she also does the occasional conventions, you would think they would do some together, you would then get both for Indiana Jones and Doctor Who

Oh yeah I forgot she did Last crusade, again more for that 35th anniversary we mentioned ages back.

with Collectormania this weekend following that I’m hoping to see more LFCC guests 

12 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Oh yeah I forgot she did Last crusade, again more for that 35th anniversary we mentioned ages back.

with Collectormania this weekend following that I’m hoping to see more LFCC guests 

i am too hopefully a big doctor who guest hopefully they rebook john simm soon but i am really just open to any who guest at the moment because the more the better i think 

On 5/1/2024 at 9:11 PM, LSmith said:

i am too hopefully a big doctor who guest hopefully they rebook john simm soon but i am really just open to any who guest at the moment because the more the better i think 

I think to the person whose reading this forum, I know you’re still lurking here that we’ve named a few that we wish to see either returning favourites or some that we had wanted but the cancellation of the event prevented such an appearance, which not in a rude way left us feeling robbed even if the SAG strike was more than a justifiable reason for having to cancel said event, but we’ve seen a rebooking of most of the names announced for said event, the only ones who haven’t are Terry Molloy, John Simm and another extra who did “terror of the Zygons” and “The Seeds of Doom”, I’ll have to back check his name.

i think getting Simm would be the big Doctor who name for this event and I have got my Laser Screwdriver for a photo, and it would be absolutely amazing to have him and Jacobi on my series 3 set, both Masters would be a nice addition, plus I think I have only 3 names on said set, but even then it’s not the least signed as I have a few with only a single name (“the power of the Doctor” is currently my only new series set not signed)

28 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I think to the person whose reading this forum, I know you’re still lurking here that we’ve named a few that we wish to see either returning favourites or some that we had wanted but the cancellation of the event prevented such an appearance, which not in a rude way left us feeling robbed even if the SAG strike was more than a justifiable reason for having to cancel said event, but we’ve seen a rebooking of most of the names announced for said event, the only ones who haven’t are Terry Molloy, John Simm and another extra who did “terror of the Zygons” and “The Seeds of Doom”, I’ll have to back check his name.

i think getting Simm would be the big Doctor who name for this event and I have got my Laser Screwdriver for a photo, and it would be absolutely amazing to have him and Jacobi on my series 3 set, both Masters would be a nice addition, plus I think I have only 3 names on said set, but even then it’s not the least signed as I have a few with only a single name (“the power of the Doctor” is currently my only new series set not signed)

well said its Friday so hopefully a guest announcement later 

Now that was easier than I expected. Got Anita Dobson and Derek Jacobi within the opening 10 minutes.

Didnt need a virtual ticket or diamond pass for either.

I know have Derek and John Simm on my season 3 steelbook. Although for some bizarre reason I have John on the card and not the actual steelbook itself. 

Ah well. Now need John to be announced to rectify this

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

Now that was easier than I expected. Got Anita Dobson and Derek Jacobi within the opening 10 minutes.

I know have Derek and John Simm on my season 3 steelbook. Although for some bizarre reason I have John on the card and not the actual steelbook itself. 

For some reason I seem to forget how many names I have on Series 3 because when I got one of them I was suffering from what felt like a collapsed lung because I’m not the fittest chap in the world and the train was running late so I had to rush to the event so I often forget about him, that being Eric Loren’s who was the Human Dalek Sec, he was nice but all I remember is getting the signature and that’s about it.

but yeah John Simms would be a nice net and if I had him should a David Tennant announcement come along it would make things very tricky for me as three Sets would all be begging for his name being Series 3, Series 4 and “The Day of the Doctor”

9 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

no one did on Dimond pass they didn't even call them

i need john simm as well hopefully lfcc as there still guest to be announced according to a leaflet at the mk today