Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

Also the number for Lost in time assuming their is no changes will be going up to 29 with additions from Milton Johns and Wendy Gifford at the end of the month, meaning my goal of what I think was 35 names by the end of the year may be achievable 

• Like 1

I think if a guest has cancelled a couple of times, then a certain scepticism is to be expected. 

Charles Dance for example, had to pull out of a few shows, so people were saying, I'll believe he's attending when I see him in front of me. 

But to come out and say that within minutes of a guest being announced, is just disrespectful of the guest and show.

Now this is a general comment and not aimed at anyone, but if you dont think a guest will be there, dont prebook the photoshoot or diamond pass, and either take the risk of a virtual ticket on the day, or risk missing out.

The other side of the argument is, if they take a risk on a certain type of guest, and they dont sell as many Diamonds, or autographs on the day. Then they are not going to take that risk again.

On 4/6/2024 at 9:24 AM, Mfahey79 said:

Yeah, I have noticed that as well, certain people are even questioning if the guest has even been booked in one or two cases. Which is crazy.

I'm not being sceptical, I'm just hoping nothing comes up that means he cany make it.  

i feel they have been booked but where were people questioning it?

Well lads i have hit a gold mine, or should i say Tomb of silver giants.

i had a scroll through ebay and have replaced my cover of "The Tomb of the Cybermen" so now instead of Frazer Hines, Michael Killgarriff and Tim Combe i now have the following:

·      Frazer Hines – Jamie McCrimmon

·      Deborah Watling – Victoria Waterfield

·      Clive Merrison – Jim Callum

·      Bernard Holley - Hayden

·      Reg Whitehead – Cyberman

·      Roger Bunce – Camera Opperator

with plans to add the Cyber-controller (Again) later this month, meaning that i'm infact risking a loss of Timothy Combe on the set assuming he never appears anywhere again, but he was only on a bonus feature for "The Final End" as the director of said sequences, so my anxiety is mostly soothed at least in part as i have 3 other sets him his name attached.

and the best part is none of these are dedicated, sorry @Mfahey79 i've got a 1960's cybermen i'm unsure you have.

6 hours ago, LSmith said:

i feel they have been booked but where were people questioning it?

I think because of the constant con rescheduling that was 2021 when a load of people didn't actually show up with no notice it left a sour taste in everyone's mouth about if Showmasters even books said guests properly with a legal agreement to attend, meaning that pulling out for any reason other than Illness or family emergency would be seen as a blacklist on their future con appearances even a reschedule to a later event can spell disaster for any planned duos or trios, not to mention people who cant attend the later events.

Even as late as last year with Tony Todd not attending despite being promised twice and with a pullout so late he was still on the advertising at Olympia Station you can see why people have grown sceptical over the years of many events about the legitimacy of announcements, Todd wasn't one on my lists, but i have a few Horror Friends who were loving the thought of meeting him, only for two cancellations in the same year.

now for Ernie Hudson he had been promised for years but work commitments have often negated this, but it only adds fuel to the fire that is the scepticism that is any booking of higher priced guests.

of course we do have examples of guests just not turning up like the Sons of Anarchy guest we've not mentioned who all but buggered off because he wasn't earning enough money (in his eyes) at LFCC 2022 and thus just left on the Saturday and never returned despite being contracted, which i'm assuming has made him very unpopular with a lot of people.

Again in update news i've booked my photos with Peter Purves, Maureen O'Brien (Both single and duo) and Garrick Hagon, with Matthew Needham coming next month in terms of Photo booking, so thats a total of 4 out of the 5 current photos booked.

and I checked the random announcement earlier of Ralph Brown and nada, he was in Alien 3 with Paul MgGann along with Danny Webb and Christopher Fairbank, but no Doctor who Credits for him.

Also as much as i hate Alien 3 i do like Brown's character in the film, and would say he's one of the better parts of it.

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

Well lads i have hit a gold mine, or should i say Tomb of silver giants.

i had a scroll through ebay and have replaced my cover of "The Tomb of the Cybermen" so now instead of Frazer Hines, Michael Killgarriff and Tim Combe i now have the following:

·      Frazer Hines – Jamie McCrimmon

·      Deborah Watling – Victoria Waterfield

·      Clive Merrison – Jim Callum

·      Bernard Holley - Hayden

·      Reg Whitehead – Cyberman

·      Roger Bunce – Camera Opperator

with plans to add the Cyber-controller (Again) later this month, meaning that i'm infact risking a loss of Timothy Combe on the set assuming he never appears anywhere again, but he was only on a bonus feature for "The Final End" as the director of said sequences, so my anxiety is mostly soothed at least in part as i have 3 other sets him his name attached.

and the best part is none of these are dedicated, sorry @Mfahey79 i've got a 1960's cybermen i'm unsure you have.

Quite the find, and quite the upgrade, especially being undedicated, at least worst case scenario he doesnt appear again, you have Tim on other sets

If we are talking about Reg Whitehead, I have him on one poster but not on another, he passed away before I could add him on the the one I get signed in person (apart from Melville Jones),

I got a really good deal, from an events company who offered a multi signed poster at a price that was hard to resist, especially as It had Reg along with 4 or 5 other actors I didn't have. Randomly they managed to get Paul Kennington to sign it twice. Hence having two cybermen posters running at same time

I am hoping Gregg Palmer, is ok and well enough to make an event this year, as he cancelled a couple towards the end of last year

I'm hoping Gregg Palmer is well enough and gets announced again, as he pulled out of an event last year

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

Again in update news i've booked my photos with Peter Purves, Maureen O'Brien (Both single and duo) and Garrick Hagon, with Matthew Needham coming next month in terms of Photo booking, so thats a total of 4 out of the 5 current photos booked.

and I checked the random announcement earlier of Ralph Brown and nada, he was in Alien 3 with Paul MgGann along with Danny Webb and Christopher Fairbank, but no Doctor who Credits for him.

Also as much as i hate Alien 3 i do like Brown's character in the film, and would say he's one of the better parts of it.

My budget for the month has been taken by booking the diamond pass for Ray Winstone, otherwise I would have booked the dual Peter and Maureen photoshoot

2 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Quite the find, and quite the upgrade, especially being undedicated, at least worst case scenario he doesnt appear again, you have Tim on other sets

If we are talking about Reg Whitehead, I have him on one poster but not on another, he passed away before I could add him on the the one I get signed in person (apart from Melville Jones),

I got a really good deal, from an events company who offered a multi signed poster at a price that was hard to resist, especially as It had Reg along with 4 or 5 other actors I didn't have. Randomly they managed to get Paul Kennington to sign it twice. Hence having two cybermen posters running at same time

I am hoping Gregg Palmer, is ok and well enough to make an event this year, as he cancelled a couple towards the end of last year

I'm hoping Gregg Palmer is well enough and gets announced again, as he pulled out of an event last year

It is in fact a notable upgrade if I do say so myself, given I have the Amazon Cyberman set, it is overall one of my most signed sets if looked at as a boxset, the old cover I’m holding onto regardless of if I can get all the old names on the new cover or not, because I’ve had said set in my Libary for so many years now and it has been signed since 2020 and given Frazer was the first one to sign I feel I owe it to me and him to keep it, probably frame it or something.

and it’s good you’ve got Reg Whitehead as well, I wasn’t on an attempt to make you jealous I just didn’t want you to be annoyed if I got a 1960s Cyberman you didn’t, and even now if I include Kilgarriff and Levene I only have 4 of them myself, outside of that I have another 4 Cybermen but ones not on a Cyberman set as money was tight and I wanted Melville Jones on “the time monster” for that combo that was growing.

i have a Cyber voice actor in the form of Peter Haliday I can say that at least

8 hours ago, D-C-A said:

And it’s good you’ve got Reg Whitehead as well, I wasn’t on an attempt to make you jealous I just didn’t want you to be annoyed if I got a 1960s Cyberman you didn’t, and even now if I include Kilgarriff and Levene I only have 4 of them myself, outside of that I have another 4 Cybermen but ones not on a Cyberman set as money was tight and I wanted Melville Jones on “the time monster” for that combo that was growing.

i have a Cyber voice actor in the form of Peter Haliday I can say that at least

I didnt think that was the case at all, I know he did a few conventions, but it would always be the ones i couldn't or didnt make, so i am lucky to have him.

As far as I'm aware, we only have Gregg Palmer, Michael Kilgariff, Barry Noble, Derek Chafer and John Levene from the 60's cybermen still with us.

12 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

wDhyiro.jpeg

Finally recieved my Tom Baker autograph. Came out perfect. 

looks amazing I just need 2 more for the living doctors ( 9th and 12) 

Well the likes of Bonnie Langford, Wendy Padbury and John Leeson have moved up the list of who i need again, as i've picked up the Davros Collection and now and need them on said set, although i need to look over the set and work out how much signing space i'll have for everyone and if i need to prioritise certain names over others, IE Regulars and such.

and before anyone says Padbury isn't in a Davros Story, she plays a new character in "Davros" which is apart of said set, i doubt i'll ever use said Big Finish disc because i like having the individual copies and the only new one "Terra Firma" i can't even listen to because i haven't listened to Entries 61-64 of the main range, let alone own them, which comes down to the 8th Doctor stories of that era being more directly linked than other Doctors, made that mistake with one of my first two stories being "Zagreaus".

also also Showmasters Get Alistair lock again he did Dalek Voices for Big finish, just saying would be amazing.

6 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Well the likes of Bonnie Langford, Wendy Padbury and John Leeson have moved up the list of who i need again, as i've picked up the Davros Collection and now and need them on said set, although i need to look over the set and work out how much signing space i'll have for everyone and if i need to prioritise certain names over others, IE Regulars and such.

and before anyone says Padbury isn't in a Davros Story, she plays a new character in "Davros" which is apart of said set, i doubt i'll ever use said Big Finish disc because i like having the individual copies and the only new one "Terra Firma" i can't even listen to because i haven't listened to Entries 61-64 of the main range, let alone own them, which comes down to the 8th Doctor stories of that era being more directly linked than other Doctors, made that mistake with one of my first two stories being "Zagreaus".

also also Showmasters Get Alistair lock again he did Dalek Voices for Big finish, just saying would be amazing.

Any of the dalek operators would be a nice addition, new series or classic. Nick Briggs would be an amazing guest if he attended. Maybe make him an offer he cant refuse on a stall at the show for Big Finish. Bring some of the guest actors and writers along

3 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Talking of Dalek/Davros operators. Dave Gooderson is now coming to Collectormania. Hes there on the Sunday and is £15

I saw that and I can’t make it sadly but Gooderson is appearing elsewhere just prior and cheaper

9 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Any of the dalek operators would be a nice addition, new series or classic. Nick Briggs would be an amazing guest if he attended. Maybe make him an offer he cant refuse on a stall at the show for Big Finish. Bring some of the guest actors and writers along

If they did it would be a great stall to have cause imagine the stock and they may even offer signed copies as an incentive and if Nick Briggs came they’d likely bring Jason Ellory amongst who knows else maybe John Dorney 

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

If they did it would be a great stall to have cause imagine the stock and they may even offer signed copies as an incentive and if Nick Briggs came they’d likely bring Jason Ellory amongst who knows else maybe John Dorney 

Which they have done before, such as the 50th anniversary festival at the Excel, but I dont think they've done this for LFCC. But it would be a great marketing idea, and way to clear stock

Edited by Mfahey79

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

Which they have done before, such as the 50th anniversary festival at the Excel, but I dont think they've done this for LFCC. But it would be a great marketing idea, and way to clear stock

Yeah a Big Finish stall would be a massive attraction cause it could have any number of names and Nick Briggs would be a massive draw for fans

On 4/10/2024 at 8:26 AM, Mfahey79 said:

I know. Nailed the placement. I'm over the moon.

Hopefully this year you can get both

i feel i can get Eccleston is Capaldi i am worried about might try meet him an award show when he goes to one 

1 hour ago, LSmith said:

i feel i can get Eccleston is Capaldi i am worried about might try meet him an award show when he goes to one 

I think it’ll be some time before ever are landed at an LFCC, problem is I’m more worried about some of the older guests and rn as speculated they’re focusing on Collectermania atm, so we’re unlikely gonna see anything for LFCC at this time.

also I just realised how much I want Andrew Cartmel to be announced again as I have the Davros Collection now and I could do with getting his name attached to the set