Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

Just now, LSmith said:

very happy with this one

I am as well because him and Maureen O’Brien are a duo that I’m after for a few items obviously, specifically that I want them on “Light at the end” and “The Aztecs” Special Edition for a great combo.

plus I’m hopeful for more companions of the classic era, just to get more combos and completions.

17 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Yeah I think you’re out of luck on that one there, I’m hoping somewhere books Leeson this year So I can add him to some more Sets IE Series 2, K9 and Company & Season 15

Hopefully they are ok, and can be re-scheduled to one of their other events, or that Showmasters pick them up for the summer

3 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Hopefully they are ok, and can be re-scheduled to one of their other events, or that Showmasters pick them up for the summer

It would be good if they did, he would see a lot of attention there as he’s one of few to do classic series and new series as a regular

6 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

So apparently there’s an announcement for Tomorrow at 7pm and a big one.

So fingers crossed for some luck in our direction 

Indeed, or at the very least if the big guest isnt one we'd be getting, we get several smaller guests that are.

I think I'd rather several smaller guests over one big guest at the moment

7 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Indeed, or at the very least if the big guest isnt one we'd be getting, we get several smaller guests that are.

I think I'd rather several smaller guests over one big guest at the moment

Given the financials will be spread more thin than half my coworkers hairlines (seriously theirs self denial and then theirs whatever one of my bosses has) I think a large group of smaller ones, or one I can get a diamond pass for would be best.

but smaller wise I have my usual suspects of people I’d like with of course Janet Fielding being high up on that list especially as the line up of the classic who list is reflecting June in 2022 almost exactly.

and with a Star Wars zone on the horizon we are looking at a shot or two at being able to get some smaller ones of the extra variety from that time period, Ala Les Conrad (RIP), Paul Kirby, Mike Stevens ETC, the two latter obviously still around to my knowledge and would be good signers, although should Kirby be announced I’m going to need a CD of “The Space Pirates” as that’s all he did and there is no DVD of the story thus far.

7 hours ago, D-C-A said:

And with a Star Wars zone on the horizon we are looking at a shot or two at being able to get some smaller ones of the extra variety from that time period, Ala Les Conrad (RIP), Paul Kirby, Mike Stevens ETC, the two latter obviously still around to my knowledge and would be good signers, although should Kirby be announced I’m going to need a CD of “The Space Pirates” as that’s all he did and there is no DVD of the story thus far.

Always a good mix from all the Star Wars films as well, and we do get a decent overlap, usually, where theyve done both Doctor Who and Star Wars.

41 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Tom Hanks was in Big. So he would be a Big guest.

I'll get my coat

I hope the door hits you on the way out after you’ve snagged your coat on the door handle

4 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Always a good mix from all the Star Wars films as well, and we do get a decent overlap, usually, where theyve done both Doctor Who and Star Wars.

Exactly my point it’s usually the best times at LFCC for some smaller grade actors beyond those who did Hellraiser or Hellraiser 2, plus if they get someone who did a lot of small parts here and there we’re spoiled for choice.

just a shame Pat Gormans dead as it would cost a bloody fortune for his name on everything, and he has the 8th most episodes I think, take of that what you will.

actually reminds me of when a signing had both Brian Hodgson and Dick Mills and we calculated that even if you took in a staggering £1750 to get their names on things that would only net you one name per DVD not including sets where they were both involved, and bare in mind it was just those two doing sound effects.

5 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Exactly my point it’s usually the best times at LFCC for some smaller grade actors beyond those who did Hellraiser or Hellraiser 2, plus if they get someone who did a lot of small parts here and there we’re spoiled for choice.

just a shame Pat Gormans dead as it would cost a bloody fortune for his name on everything, and he has the 8th most episodes I think, take of that what you will.

actually reminds me of when a signing had both Brian Hodgson and Dick Mills and we calculated that even if you took in a staggering £1750 to get their names on things that would only net you one name per DVD not including sets where they were both involved, and bare in mind it was just those two doing sound effects.

Yes, it was a tough choice on which to get them on, it came down to getting them on covers where there were guests at same show to combo them up with or future shows where they had guests to match them up with

Edited by Mfahey79

We have had Celia Imrie and Hugh Quarshie in recent years via their cameos on Star Wars. And yet Star Wars would have been a mere ripple in their extensive careers. But you wont hear me complaining for them appearing

6 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I'm actually surprised there wasn't more of a crossover between extras playing both Cybermen and stormtroopers

Derek Chafer, Steve Ismay and Pat Gorman, spring to mind, there might be a couple of others, 

3 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I know it's not a Doctor Who guest, but Diamond pass booked for Ray

Yeah not someone I’m after myself, and as someone who is after Doctor who guests I feel a bit let down but then again it’s not exclusively a Doctor who event is it

56 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Yeah not someone I’m after myself, and as someone who is after Doctor who guests I feel a bit let down but then again it’s not exclusively a Doctor who event is it

I need him to complete both Robin of Sherwood cast posters, so I'm over the moon with this announcement. I just need to risk the virtuals for a 2nd autograph or hope for a quiet queue when I get my autograph as I would want a 2nd autograph, and I'm not paying for two diamond passes

If you go through most guest suggestion posts over the last few years, it was almost tradition where I asked for him to appear and lo and behold, here he is. Fingers crossed we dont get the dreaded C word neared the time.

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

I need him to complete both Robin of Sherwood cast posters, so I'm over the moon with this announcement. I just need to risk the virtuals for a 2nd autograph or hope for a quiet queue when I get my autograph as I would want a 2nd autograph, and I'm not paying for two diamond passes

If you go through most guest suggestion posts over the last few years, it was almost tradition where I asked for him to appear and lo and behold, here he is. Fingers crossed we dont get the dreaded C word neared the time.

I’ve seen a lot of people saying the C word around on some guest posts, the same people who are asking for some big guests, and then get skeptic when said guests are announced.

rn I still want some more Doctor who guests, mainly on the smaller side so i can get the more obscure ones done, as for big ones I won’t say no but my preference is now padding out sets for Combos.

also on a strange note I checked my payslip for when I’m paid on Monday and turns out I was getting paid more per hour on holiday than I was for actually working, explain that huh

8 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I’ve seen a lot of people saying the C word around on some guest posts, the same people who are asking for some big guests, and then get skeptic when said guests are announced.

rn I still want some more Doctor who guests, mainly on the smaller side so i can get the more obscure ones done, as for big ones I won’t say no but my preference is now padding out sets for Combos.

also on a strange note I checked my payslip for when I’m paid on Monday and turns out I was getting paid more per hour on holiday than I was for actually working, explain that huh

Yeah, I have noticed that as well, certain people are even questioning if the guest has even been booked in one or two cases. Which is crazy.

I'm not being sceptical, I'm just hoping nothing comes up that means he cany make it.  

8 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I still want some more Doctor who guests, mainly on the smaller side so i can get the more obscure ones done, as for big ones I won’t say no but my preference is now padding out sets for Combos.

We'll get more guests, but unless they get another big guest, I think the next few weeks they will focus on guests for MK and then it will be full steam ahead for LFCC

All the guests at the Bedford Charity convention were lovely.

I now have Jemma Redgrave added to my 60th steelbook and season 8 steelbook, as well as a rather crowded Power of the Doctor steelbook. I should have thought it through and gone Doctors on the front and everyone else on the back, but the plan at the time was to get just Jodie on the front

And David Hankinson and Mike Tucker on my season 1 & 2 steelbooks, and David on my season 4

And Daphne Ashbrook and Paul McGann on the titan posters

On 4/6/2024 at 9:24 AM, Mfahey79 said:

Yeah, I have noticed that as well, certain people are even questioning if the guest has even been booked in one or two cases. Which is crazy.

I'm not being sceptical, I'm just hoping nothing comes up that means he cany make it.  

It’s always the same, we get booked a guest everyone has been asking for

then everyone says they’re not gonna show up.

if anything I think for the most part After the 2021 mess I think that Showmasters has clawed back a lot of good faith, well until the Tony Todd incident but two sides to every story.

and I’m still trying to get the definitive answer on what happened with Karen Gillan during winter 23, but I’m not sure that’s on Showmasters as opposed to a schedule change.