Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

5 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I’ve only ever replaced 2 covers and those were under difficult choices, IE I had Colin Baker on “the two Doctors” and Sylvester McCoy on “Battlefield” but both got replaced when a copy of “The Two Doctors” with Bryant, Pearce and Clinton Greyn came up for cheap and a copy of “Battlefield” signed by Nicholas Courtney came up for not so cheap, neither set had been really started and by names who being real appear all the time.

its why I had a dilemma when I saw a cover of “the Invasion” signed by Courtney because I want anything I can get with his name but then I already had the 3 other regulars and a healthy number of guest actors so replacing it was out of the question, hence I got lucky with a booklet when that came up.

I've got got 9 on my copy of The Greatest Show, but all dedicated, so it wont be a replacement, more a chance to have another undedicated to go along side it, and Janet Hargreaves having passed away in 2018, is the main draw.

It's one of those things I wish I had known when I started collecting, not to get dedications on items you are getting multiple signatures on

6 hours ago, D-C-A said:

We’ve still a lot of time to see who we’re gonna get for LFCC July, more and more actors are travelling now for events so we may get lucky with someone who are across the pond.

i know someone said that Lala Ward isn’t in the Uk but where I can’t remember but it would be nice for her to make an appearance especially as there are a few things I need with her IE my “Shada” & “Warriors Gate”

She resides in Hong Kong to the best of my knowledge, but she did do Gallifrey one as a sponsored guest of Showmasters, so there is that glimmer of hope they are looking at getting her for more shows 

Now in regards to dvd's.

I've got my returns back from a recent event. I'm now up to 10 on my Survival dvd, with Wil Barton being added, and rather randomly, I've spotted I dont have Sylvester on it, that will have to be remedied at the earliest opportunity. 

I'm pleasantly surprised, as some of the people they have booked are bigger than I was expecting

Brian Blessed (sunday) and Derek Jacobi (Saturday) being the main two. And are clearly the headliners

But in day order

Friday

Rusty Goffe (Robot of Sherwood)

Saturday

Anita Dobson (The Church on Ruby Road)

Derek Jacobi (Utopia) also a diamond pass guest

Julian Glover (The Crusade and City of Death

Sunday

Brian Blessed (Mindwarp & The Ultimate Foe) also a diamond pass guest

Colin Baker

Sophie Aldred Also doing a photoshoot in costume

Tessa Peake Jones (Time of the Doctor)

Edited by Mfahey79

16 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Andd back to London, we have a new gues in Maureen O'Brien 

Because no one has mentioned it *Death stare implying for sniper to take care of target*, we have an update for LFCC, and boy am i excited for this one.

MaureenOBrienWeb.png

Announced is the first Companion to join the show post start, that being Maureen O'Brien who played Vicki within the show, from "The Rescue" to "The Myth Makers" before she returned to do a staggering number of Audios for Big Finish.

now to what you'll need in the more obvious category, as not every story during this period exists, so stories like "The Crusade" & "The Myth Makers" are available on CD, with the former available apart of the Season 2 Boxset, and then there is the Steelbook of "Galaxy 4" as well as the DVD and Blu Ray, and from what i have dug up she is also on the DVD of "The Gunfighters" so if you have a set with Jackie Lane, you could find yourself with an extremely unique combo.

she is attending on the Sunday and is £20 for her Autograph Or Photo.

Now for what i'm getting "The Light at the End" is obviously the one that is... Obvious, then because i am working on getting the four via "The Aztecs" Special Edition, so thats number 2 for me, and then because i have William Russell on "The Romans" if i can get a Season 2 Line up sorted i shall achieve it.

8 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

And to shut the 'it's always Doctor Who' guests up. It's a Star Wars feast instead.

Yeah its weird as its not even an anniversary of it, just likely more of the filler, and believe me i checked none of them came up for Doctor who, and a few of them were the right time period but no dice. 

Okay so evidently i wasn't doing my job and i wanna make some amendments.

firstly Sophie Aldred Via a brief cameo can be featured on "The Fiveish Doctors" Reboot, as can Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy.

Secondly i mentioned i was getting it yet never apart of the what you can get her on, as you can get Maureen O'Brien on "The Aztecs" Special Edition as she is featured on the "Galaxy 4" special edition as at that time, the then recently discovered Episode 3 entitled "Airlock" was featured as apart of a bonus item as it was the only episode then discovered and we didn't have full animations as at that stage in time the minimum was 66% existing. 

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Yeah its weird as its not even an anniversary of it, just likely more of the filler, and believe me i checked none of them came up for Doctor who, and a few of them were the right time period but no dice. 

I couldnt check fully either as I was at work, but I suspected as much, the one who I thought had an outside chance was Paul Springer and it wsa a slim chance at that

4 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I couldnt check fully either as I was at work, but I suspected as much, the one who I thought had an outside chance was Paul Springer and it wsa a slim chance at that

I ran through the names and I made sure to do a thorough check as I had with Paul Kirby some years back making sure I was looking at the right names and nothing on Duplicate names that would suggest the same persons but listed twice.

it is amazing to me we had such a large announcement of those from the time period and not a single extra or even player that appeared.

personally I got lucky with Maureen as I have been after her again and now I’m hoping for Peter Purves to join her as I need him on two items (same as her) and one separate being “The Celestial Toymaker” CD so I have a Purves and a Lane

4 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Because no one has mentioned it *Death stare implying for sniper to take care of target*, we have an update for LFCC, and boy am i excited for this one.

MaureenOBrienWeb.png

Announced is the first Companion to join the show post start, that being Maureen O'Brien who played Vicki within the show, from "The Rescue" to "The Myth Makers" before she returned to do a staggering number of Audios for Big Finish.

now to what you'll need in the more obvious category, as not every story during this period exists, so stories like "The Crusade" & "The Myth Makers" are available on CD, with the former available apart of the Season 2 Boxset, and then there is the Steelbook of "Galaxy 4" as well as the DVD and Blu Ray, and from what i have dug up she is also on the DVD of "The Gunfighters" so if you have a set with Jackie Lane, you could find yourself with an extremely unique combo.

she is attending on the Sunday and is £20 for her Autograph Or Photo.

Now for what i'm getting "The Light at the End" is obviously the one that is... Obvious, then because i am working on getting the four via "The Aztecs" Special Edition, so thats number 2 for me, and then because i have William Russell on "The Romans" if i can get a Season 2 Line up sorted i shall achieve it.

I knew you would be excited for her announcement, as we've been mentioning her as a returning hopeful for a while.

I'll be looking to get her on a new poster

3 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I knew you would be excited for her announcement, as we've been mentioning her as a returning hopeful for a while.

I'll be looking to get her on a new poster

It’s taken a while but it’s good they’ve rebooked her from The cancelled Birmingham con, and now I can net her in the prized set, she’s already on Lost in time I believe she was the first name on it, but I can’t remember if it was her or Peter Purves.

of course “The light at the end” is in desperate need of her, I started it at that same event in 2022 and by my stupid decision I chose not to get her to sign it, and if I recall they also had Janet Fielding as well, so a all around stupid moment by me

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

It’s taken a while but it’s good they’ve rebooked her from The cancelled Birmingham con, and now I can net her in the prized set, she’s already on Lost in time I believe she was the first name on it, but I can’t remember if it was her or Peter Purves.

of course “The light at the end” is in desperate need of her, I started it at that same event in 2022 and by my stupid decision I chose not to get her to sign it, and if I recall they also had Janet Fielding as well, so a all around stupid moment by me

It happens, as discussed previously, it took me meeting Mark Striksen three times, before I finally remembered to bring it with me, in my defence for the first time, I'd gotten off a a 12 hour flight the night before, had 5 hours sleep and then had to get from Bedford to Newcastle for a convention. That was a mad 24 hours. 

Second time, I just plain forgot it, and realised when I was I checked into the hotel, I was too late to go back for it.

3rd time, had a lovely chat with him about it. 

So small update

Mark-Buckingham-Base-Image-Summer-2024.j

So whilst Mark Buckingham has had no direct involvement with the TV show he drew the short comic "Planet of the Rain Gods" which was then adapted as a short for the series 7 Boxset "Rain Gods".

use that info how you shall, he is attending on the Saturday only.

On 3/21/2024 at 9:17 PM, D-C-A said:

john simm soon maybe if there trying  to rebook?

8 hours ago, LSmith said:

john simm soon maybe if there trying  to rebook?

Him and Peter Purves would be top of my list for me, as I want both desperately for items.

but the more the merrier from the 60s and 70s I say

10 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Him and Peter Purves would be top of my list for me, as I want both desperately for items.

but the more the merrier from the 60s and 70s I say

i need both aswell so yep