Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

2 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Which was ridiculous that they kept her on the film, And we wont even get on to Ezra Miller. Warner Brothers really went in to bat for the wrong side with these two. 

Yeah Warner bros went a bit crazy there, something was in the water.

21 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

he seemed really healthy start of last year, but then again i have been wrong about that before... and i mean only 9 days out my judgement is now compromised in that form, Thursday when i have time i'm gonna go throw each films cast and see what i can find beyond the 4 i know, and the two who are dead.

It could be the way the character is portrayed on screen, as opposed to how he is off screen. And the way he acts the role.

22 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Yeah Warner bros went a bit crazy there, something was in the water.

There was definatly something in the Hawaiian water where Ezra was concerned.

The fact they was charged several times and nothing happened with DC was crazy.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

There was definatly something in the Hawaiian water where Ezra was concerned.

The fact they was charged several times and nothing happened with DC was crazy.

Edited by D-C-A

Going through the combinations for the upcoming UNIT re-union, the best combination to get the maximum on one dvd cover, based on whos going is The Mind of Evil. Now if I had a crystal ball or a TARDIS, I'd have got Michael Carter on this last year, and MIke Stevens on this as well as my 500 year diary. Ah well hindsight is a splendid thing.

I cant attend, but as I'm sending my Invasion and Curse of Fenric I thought I'd have a luck to see what I could come up with.

I'm also tempted by my Horror of Fang Rock

26 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Going through the combinations for the upcoming UNIT re-union, the best combination to get the maximum on one dvd cover, based on whos going is The Mind of Evil. Now if I had a crystal ball or a TARDIS, I'd have got Michael Carter on this last year, and MIke Stevens on this as well as my 500 year diary. Ah well hindsight is a splendid thing.

I cant attend, but as I'm sending my Invasion and Curse of Fenric I thought I'd have a luck to see what I could come up with.

I'm also tempted by my Horror of Fang Rock

i just got to hope for steelbook signers are announced soon

43 minutes ago, LSmith said:

i just got to hope for steelbook signers are announced soon

Wont be long, we're in the lull between one big event and the next. So now everything has settled down we'll see some announcements in the next few weeks.

We've still got 4 months and things are looking good so far

Well everyone we have a BIG one, at least in terms of production side.

Paul-Cornell-Base-Image-Summer-2024.jpg

In this case we have Paul Cornell a man of great and significant importance to Doctor who, on TV he wrote two stories "Fathers Day" for Eccelston and then "Human Nature"/"The Family of Blood" for Tennant, however his importance is elsewhere.

Cornell created the character of Bernice Summerfield who thanks to him enabled Big Finish the license to obtain Doctor who ensuring its survival into 2004, and here are his credits, settle in ladies and Gentleman this will be a long one.

From the Virgin new Adventures range he wrote "Timewyrm: Revelation", "Love and War", "No Future", "Human Nature" and "Happy Endings", along with "Goth Opera" from their Missing Adventures range, which i believe is receiving an audio adaptation.

For Big finish he wrote "Shadow of the Scourge", "Seasons of fear", "Circular time" and "100 Days of the Doctor" for the main range, "Buried Treasures" from the special Releases of Bernice Summerfield, "Love and War" from the Novel Adaptations, and from the main Bernice Summerfield range we have "Oh no it Isn't!", "Closure", "Death and the Daleks", "Many happy returns" and "Misplaced Spring", plus he has quotes in many Big finish sleeves, although a complete list is no where to be found.

finally he was the writer for "The Scream of the Shalka" in both book and Webcast forms.

in interview form he is also featured on several DVDs, "The Aztecs" (Special Edition), "The War Games", "Doctor who and the Silurians", "Day of the Daleks" "The Monster of Peledon", "Horror of Fang rock", "The Five Doctors" (25th Anniversary Edition) and "Delta and the Bannerman", with finally appearing in a Confidential episode for Series 5.

Basically you'll have a lot of choices for this man.

5 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Well everyone we have a BIG one, at least in terms of production side.

Paul-Cornell-Base-Image-Summer-2024.jpg

In this case we have Paul Cornell a man of great and significant importance to Doctor who, on TV he wrote two stories "Fathers Day" for Eccelston and then "Human Nature"/"The Family of Blood" for Tennant, however his importance is elsewhere.

Cornell created the character of Bernice Summerfield who thanks to him enabled Big Finish the license to obtain Doctor who ensuring its survival into 2004, and here are his credits, settle in ladies and Gentleman this will be a long one.

From the Virgin new Adventures range he wrote "Timewyrm: Revelation", "Love and War", "No Future", "Human Nature" and "Happy Endings", along with "Goth Opera" from their Missing Adventures range, which i believe is receiving an audio adaptation.

For Big finish he wrote "Shadow of the Scourge", "Seasons of fear", "Circular time" and "100 Days of the Doctor" for the main range, "Buried Treasures" from the special Releases of Bernice Summerfield, "Love and War" from the Novel Adaptations, and from the main Bernice Summerfield range we have "Oh no it Isn't!", "Closure", "Death and the Daleks", "Many happy returns" and "Misplaced Spring", plus he has quotes in many Big finish sleeves, although a complete list is no where to be found.

finally he was the writer for "The Scream of the Shalka" in both book and Webcast forms.

in interview form he is also featured on several DVDs, "The Aztecs" (Special Edition), "The War Games", "Doctor who and the Silurians", "Day of the Daleks" "The Monster of Peledon", "Horror of Fang rock", "The Five Doctors" (25th Anniversary Edition) and "Delta and the Bannerman", with finally appearing in a Confidential episode for Series 5.

Basically you'll have a lot of choices for this man.

I'm also going to go through every booklet now and see what i can dig up for other options interview wise but this does mean we can get some 1960's content signed, even if not by someone who was actually in them, but its a start.

Hes also only appearing on the Saturday.

16 hours ago, LSmith said:

what would be the chance of Antony head head doing lfcc

To my knowledge I’d say fair chance and he would be a good one given his ties predate series 2 and he’s done a lot of narration work for the series.

53 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

To my knowledge I’d say fair chance and he would be a good one given his ties predate series 2 and he’s done a lot of narration work for the series.

he was also in buffy the vampire so that won't just be a who guest

2 hours ago, LSmith said:

he was also in buffy the vampire so that won't just be a who guest

That would likely silence most critics with the usual "Only Doctor who guests" response, and even then he only did a single episode and to my knowledge i think 4 audios, maybe more, and having checked he was also in "The Infinite Quest" which i've just realised i don't even have.

22 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

That would likely silence most critics with the usual "Only Doctor who guests" response, and even then he only did a single episode and to my knowledge i think 4 audios, maybe more, and having checked he was also in "The Infinite Quest" which i've just realised i don't even have.

I have a couple of Buffy posters, that would look good with his signature on, and I'd happily add him to my season 2 steelbook. I'd get him right above John Leeson and be cheeky and ask if he'll add Bad Dog

12 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

And of course he is on the list of people who auditioned for the 8th Doctor. 

That list is massive, I mean given it was an American production there was a lot of names for the Doctor, the Master and even Rasilon who never appeared they all had massive lists of actors considered

12 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I have a couple of Buffy posters, that would look good with his signature on, and I'd happily add him to my season 2 steelbook. I'd get him right above John Leeson and be cheeky and ask if he'll add Bad Dog

Sadly I can’t get John Leeson on my Series 2 as planned, as I can’t make the event, and it’s a set I’m not letting out of my sight anymore given it has both leads.

Also I’ve reached the point I’ve forgotten I have names on sets as I completely forgot I have David Banks and Mark Hardy on my “The Five Doctors” (25th anniversary edition), so now I’m gonna add it to my Paul Cornell list for con.

which currently is:

• “The War Games”
  • “The Monster of Peledon”
  • ”Horror of Fang Rock”
  • ”The Five Doctors” (25th anniversary edition)
  • ”Seasons of Fear”
  • the Collection Season 15

Of course I admit it is as always a little cheat when you’re getting A special feature person to sign, but sometimes you take what you can get, aside from “Seasons of Fear” they’re all signed (lists available on request), but the more the merrier

6 hours ago, D-C-A said:

That list is massive, I mean given it was an American production there was a lot of names for the Doctor, the Master and even Rasilon who never appeared they all had massive lists of actors considered

The same as Ben Sisko for Star Trek DS9. We could have had Anthony Stuart or Peter Capaldi, both of their audition tapes have re-surfaced. But we got one hell of an actor in Avery Brooks who knocked it out the park

6 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Also I’ve reached the point I’ve forgotten I have names on sets as I completely forgot I have David Banks and Mark Hardy on my “The Five Doctors” (25th anniversary edition), so now I’m gonna add it to my Paul Cornell list for con.

which currently is:

• “The War Games”
  • “The Monster of Peledon”
  • ”Horror of Fang Rock”
  • ”The Five Doctors” (25th anniversary edition)
  • ”Seasons of Fear”
  • the Collection Season 15

Of course I admit it is as always a little cheat when you’re getting A special feature person to sign, but sometimes you take what you can get, aside from “Seasons of Fear” they’re all signed (lists available on request), but the more the merrier

But at the same time, they are on the release so it can be justified

Slightly similar, in that hes uncredited. I'm getting Mike Tucker to sign series 1 & 2 next month

Now we wont have a physical release. Or at the very least it is highly unlikely. The new series will end a couple of weeks before the summer show.

We are likely to get guests from this series, I reckon.

32 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

The same as Ben Sisko for Star Trek DS9. We could have had Anthony Stuart or Peter Capaldi, both of their audition tapes have re-surfaced. But we got one hell of an actor in Avery Brooks who knocked it out the park

Oh that pun all it cost you was a few seconds typing, another second hitting post, and the self respect of one show masters forum user, I consider that a bargain

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Now we wont have a physical release. Or at the very least it is highly unlikely. The new series will end a couple of weeks before the summer show.

We are likely to get guests from this series, I reckon.

Yeah I’ll only be annoyed if we get announcements of big players from Series 14 now, if we get someone like Yazmin Finney we still have a set for her or Ruth Madeley we have a bunch of audios she’s done

15 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Yeah I’ll only be annoyed if we get announcements of big players from Series 14 now, if we get someone like Yazmin Finney we still have a set for her or Ruth Madeley we have a bunch of audios she’s done

At least, we can fall back on the specials for Yasmin, and Ruth if not already on them.

That's my fear as well, that they announce some big guest stars, who we know will be a one and done appearance at conventions