Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

31 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

All books, couple of blue spines and the last Target novelisation so it was worth the cash, definitely nowhere near the total value 

Awesome, A little bit of my childhood right there reading the target books. I should dig them out and see which ones I need to finish the collection. I still pick up the new releases mind, not had a chance to read the last ones yet. I'm on a Michael Palin re-read at the moment, working my way through his travelogues again. 

Edited by Mfahey79

20 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Given it got cancelled last year they probably lost a lot of money on that given all the advertising they likely poured into it, returning to roots is more than probably a cheaper option IMO

True, in regards to the venue booking, they could have argued that the actors strike impacted the event, and that they couldnt get the guests to make it viable, and got a little return.

But advertising would be non refundable

8 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Awesome, A little bit of my childhood right there reading the target books. I should dig them out and see which ones I need to finish the collection. I still pick up the new releases mind, not had a chance to read the last ones yet. I'm on a Michael Palin re-read at the moment, working my way through his travelogues again. 

I’ve a handful of Target Books and I’m extremely great full for my misses to finding such a nice bundle for me, no 1st prints on the older ones and one or two I do have more modern versions of them, but it’s still nice as a collectors item to own original run versions, that said I do prefer the 2nd print cover of “the Cybermen” over the 1st edition, the simplicity works.

not a constant mind you as me and Jeff have discussed they decided to replace his beautiful (incorrect) art work with the VHS cover for the 2nd print of “The Tomb of the Cybermen” which I’d be insulted by if I’m honest, 17 years that cover had to settle.

8 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

True, in regards to the venue booking, they could have argued that the actors strike impacted the event, and that they couldnt get the guests to make it viable, and got a little return.

But advertising would be non refundable

Another guess I’d have is a big actor like John Simm might have a cancellation fee, if the event itself is cancelled or postponed they get to keep a small upfront fee as they would have booked that day off of any potential project, effectively a loss of hours sorta thing, but that’s a guess, if any lurkers know any different please enlighten me on the subject.

9 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Yeah, Birmingham is cancelled, they're are doing Milton Keynes instead

In some of my good fortune apparently I’ve got friends.

and on that note I have friends up that way that are close by so might be able to save a few Bob on a hotel in that area to have a little more cash for said event.

I hope this doesn’t detract from the main LFCC of course as I’ve already got down payments on this event, although come next month gonna be booking some photos, as I believe Garrick Hagon and Matthew Needham will be good choice, neither of them my random selection for this event, Hagon Will be the last autograph I get from him (pending any future appearances in the show) and Needham as he was effectively one form of the main villain of Flux so that makes sense to me.

So far Shiela Reed is looking to be the random photo, because “Vengance on Varos” is a great story (and the only entertaining Big Brother possible), but it does make me want an appearance by Stephen Yardley for A reunion there plus it would mean we have a mid 70s guest for “Genesis of the Daleks”.

13 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I dont think I'd go that far as to him being boycotted, I would say it is more the case that he has been really busy, if its not Bake Off, he has been in a number of films and tv shows. 

I wasn’t implying he would be boycotted, by all means this is the latest case where my words should have been more clear, my intention was that since the shows he did were receiving backlash it was possible that announcing a large part of said show would have been seen as a bad move at the time, or would have been viewed as bad for the image.

and of course not the most serious offence by any means, example again being Noel Clarke is if at the height of the news Showmasters still kept him rostered down to appear it would be seen as either siding with him and facing the backlash for it, especially given that one alleged victim was a con attendee and it would be viewed as creating an unsafe working environment.

8 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

and of course not the most serious offence by any means, example again being Noel Clarke is if at the height of the news Showmasters still kept him rostered down to appear it would be seen as either siding with him and facing the backlash for it, especially given that one alleged victim was a con attendee and it would be viewed as creating an unsafe working environment.

On a more lighter note quickly just been reminded of when Amber Heard trying claiming their was a hostile working environment on Aquaman 2, when in reality no one on set wanted her to be there nor work with her as a result of everything going on 

11 hours ago, D-C-A said:

On a more lighter note quickly just been reminded of when Amber Heard trying claiming their was a hostile working environment on Aquaman 2, when in reality no one on set wanted her to be there nor work with her as a result of everything going on 

Which was ridiculous that they kept her on the film, And we wont even get on to Ezra Miller. Warner Brothers really went in to bat for the wrong side with these two. 

17 minutes ago, LSmith said:

i was thinking i hope they invite 12th doctor guests to lfcc as i need them on my steelbooks anyone the same?

I think spanning my entire 12th Doctor era I have at most 5 autos on those sets, so this I will agree with, personally I’d want Pearl Mackie over Jenna Coleman for a multitude of reasons, many we’ve discussed but the main one is I’ve not met her, hell I’d even take the guy who was in “the return of Dr Mysterio” who had been in “Dragonball: Evolution” just so I can apologise to him for it all.

8 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I think spanning my entire 12th Doctor era I have at most 5 autos on those sets, so this I will agree with, personally I’d want Pearl Mackie over Jenna Coleman for a multitude of reasons, many we’ve discussed but the main one is I’ve not met her, hell I’d even take the guy who was in “the return of Dr Mysterio” who had been in “Dragonball: Evolution” just so I can apologise to him for it all.

i need all the cast on my steel books i do hope peter Capaldi dose another i dont think he will sadly

24 minutes ago, LSmith said:

i was thinking i hope they invite 12th doctor guests to lfcc as i need them on my steelbooks anyone the same?

Failing they get Peter, I'd love them to get all his companions, and various guest actors.

Notably

Michelle Gomez

from Robots of Sherwood:

Tom Riley

Ian Hallard, and as a bonus guest he could bring his husband along. I'd get so much signed my Mark Gatiss

Ben Miller, and as a bonus, his comedy partner in crime Alexander Armstrong

Kill the Moon

Ellis George, who I dont think has done any conventions

Under The Lake

Colin MacFarlane

The Woman Who Lived/The Girl who Died

Maisie Williams

And lets round out the comedians by getting Greg Davies 

14 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I need Pearl Mackie to sign, more than I need Jenna Coleman. But I wouldnt say no to Jenna being invited to LFCC, I'm sure I can find another photo to get signed.

I liked The Return of Doctor Mysterio' but that could be more for the little scene towards the end, when they discuss the death of River. Steven Moffatt at his very best at tugging the heartstrings 

49 minutes ago, LSmith said:

And for Series 10

The Pilot: Stephanie Hyamm

Smile: Kiran Shah - Can get him on my Ewok poster

Knock Knock: David Suchet. IF they can get Derek Jacobi we can but hope

Empress of Mars: Ferdinand Kingsley & Adele Lynch

World Enough And Time: Cant think of anybody who we'd like from this one

Edited by Mfahey79

6 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I need Pearl Mackie to sign, more than I need Jenna Coleman. But I wouldnt say no to Jenna being invited to LFCC, I'm sure I can find another photo to get signed.

I liked The Return of Doctor Mysterio' but that could be more for the little scene towards the end, when they discuss the death of River. Steven Moffatt at his very best at tugging the heartstrings 

I meant apologise for the fan-backlash for "DragonBall: Evolution" the film is really awful but i feel some people have gone overboard in that episode.

but Series 10 is my favourite of 12's era so the more the merrier from that set, mainly the three regulars.

As for Coleman returning i'm not against it, but i'm very much reserved about it given my previous experience, as apparently a lot of people had the same experience with her, so yeah, its just fear of a repeat experience.

2 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

And for Series 10

The Pilot: Stephanie Hyamm

Smile: Kiran Shah - Can get him on my Ewok poster

Knock Knock: David Suchet. IF they can get Derek Jacobi we can but hope

Empress of Mars: Ferdinand Kingsley & Adele Lynch

World Enough And Time: Cant think of anybody who we'd like from this one

"World enough and Time" we could have John Simm obviously.

from this series i can't think of any guest who stand out really but i think that works in its favor where it went substance over style, as opposed to Series 8 and 9 where it was the opposite.

16 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

same pearl mackie has started doing events again so hopefully she's invited

7 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

"World enough and Time" we could have John Simm obviously.

from this series i can't think of any guest who stand out really but i think that works in its favor where it went substance over style, as opposed to Series 8 and 9 where it was the opposite.

That was who I was thinking, but I thought I would be a little tease by not mentioning him

From Series 8 i know Christopher Fairbank, and if they do a round of the Alien cast again it could mean a few in the form of Paul MgGann, Christopher Fairbank and Danny Webb to name a few, and we had William Hope last year so thats an example of some from that series if they decided a few from that series even if none of the films are celebrating anniversaries, I know one of the big ones is dead in the form of John Hurt but we still have some actors, i may be missing a few as i'll be honest I've never gone through the cast of the films, and thankfully Tom Skerrit never did Doctor who as i know he's pulled out of the UK Circuit after 2021, and was apparently unpleasant 

7 minutes ago, LSmith said:

same pearl mackie has started doing events again so hopefully she's invited

I want her a lot because i liked Bill a lot probably my favourite new Series companion behind Donna all things considered

9 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I meant apologise for the fan-backlash for "DragonBall: Evolution" the film is really awful but i feel some people have gone overboard in that episode.

but Series 10 is my favourite of 12's era so the more the merrier from that set, mainly the three regulars.

As for Coleman returning i'm not against it, but i'm very much reserved about it given my previous experience, as apparently a lot of people had the same experience with her, so yeah, its just fear of a repeat experience.

Having not seen this film, I will take your word for it, I'm sure it has it's fans, and I probably know one or two. I know someone who said Detective Pikachu was one of his favourite films for example

I preferred Jenna with Peter over Matt, but I much preferred Peter with Pearl and Matt.

I've met Jenna several times, never had a bad experience, she's quiet but always polite.

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

Having not seen this film, I will take your word for it, I'm sure it has it's fans, and I probably know one or two. I know someone who said Detective Pikachu was one of his favourite films for example

I preferred Jenna with Peter over Matt, but I much preferred Peter with Pearl and Matt.

I've met Jenna several times, never had a bad experience, she's quiet but always polite.

i met Jenna once she was really nice i hope to met 12s other commpanions

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

From Series 8 i know Christopher Fairbank, and if they do a round of the Alien cast again it could mean a few in the form of Paul MgGann, Christopher Fairbank and Danny Webb to name a few, and we had William Hope last year so thats an example of some from that series if they decided a few from that series even if none of the films are celebrating anniversaries, I know one of the big ones is dead in the form of John Hurt but we still have some actors, i may be missing a few as i'll be honest I've never gone through the cast of the films, and thankfully Tom Skerrit never did Doctor who as i know he's pulled out of the UK Circuit after 2021, and was apparently unpleasant 

I was going to say Christopher Fairbank, but he looks so frail on Eastenders at the moment, that could be make up, amongst other things. So I dont want to judge too much

Edited by Mfahey79

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

I'm not saying "Dragonball: Evolution" was bad, but the recently passed Creator of Dragonball was retired at the time, he saw it and was so offended he began writing the Manga and Anime again to wash the bad taste out of his mouth.

honestly Clara suffered from an issue of once her story was done with Matt, Moffat had no idea what to do with her and it felt like a new character each series but had Clara and it no longer meshed with her, and Series 9 was clearly written with a different character in mind for the most part as it was an 11th hour decision that Jenna decided to return.

2 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I was going to say Christopher Fairbank, but he looks so frail on Eastenders at the moment, that could by make up, amongst other things. So I dont want to judge too much

he seemed really healthy start of last year, but then again i have been wrong about that before... and i mean only 9 days out my judgement is now compromised in that form, Thursday when i have time i'm gonna go throw each films cast and see what i can find beyond the 4 i know, and the two who are dead.