Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

The problem I can see with waiting, I think even with these two potentially returning across the next season. I think convention wise, they are a one and done type of guest. So it either leads to the Christmas special DVD, photos, or autograph books. Or at a push a 15th doctor poster.

I'm gonna have to risk it myself mainly as i know i'm gonna want them on something and i might as well have them on the same item unless i can cough up the cash for a second from Dobson for my copy of "Blood of the Daleks", but i can see them being one and done, as the popularity of the supporting cast isn't as good as it used to be, but i chalk that done to people having opinions of a less than pleasant variety when it comes to more modern episodes.

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

oh the complaining has started already as people seem annoyed by the doctor who guests but something tells me if it was Matt Smith or a similarly big name the complaining wouldn't be present.

I did notice that. Again I dont know why people feel the need to be so negative, they can just look at the post and move on.

18 hours ago, D-C-A said:

It would be great to see him make an appearance especially as they had Derek Jacobi last year and would cap things off well for having both Series 3 master's make an appearance within that span of time, maybe 18 months later? eh ehe, but yeah i would love him on my Series 3 to go with Sir Derek (here we honour Titles), and i have my Laser Screwdriver to use with any photo.

i hope i can get my life on mars double to happen so i would be getting 2 photos with simm

19 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I should have started this with Richard Franklin in December but i feel that this is a time i should start it.

hqdefault.jpg

Leslie "Les" Conrad.

Unknown - 28/01/2024 (Pictured here with Wife Shirley).

Leslie or as he preferred to be known Les was a notable extra of Doctor Who appearing for nearly 20 years making his first contribution to the Series in the William Hartnell adventure "The Massacre" as a Bar Patron, he would go on to appear not only with the first 6 actors to inherit the titular role, but he appeared with his brother on numerous occasions and in his penultimate appearance "The Twin Dilemma" his sons played the titular characters, as an extra his name shall not often be remembered by the general fan-base, even i struggled to find a photo of him, and any clearer photo of him would be appreciated, but it goes to great lengths that many even so many years later would have sought him out as an extra of many great and notable stories, even if those two never necessarily overlapped, he was in my opinion a fine man who dedicated himself to fans who would otherwise overlook him for his lack of notable credit, i was happy to meet a man of such character, i hope that he rests in peace.

he is survived by his Wife Shirley and twin sons Andrew and Gavin Conrad.

A lovely tribute

4 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Okay so we have another guest update in the form of Tony lee, usually a comic writer and artist he has also written a number of audios for Big finish, "Rat Trap" from the main range, and then two audios for Bernice Summerfield "Private Enemy No.1" from "Epoch" and then "Vesuvius falling" from "Legion" and is a great man i must say, very doubting of his own ability but i like him enough, so even if you're not going to get a signature, meet him, he's worth a chat.

Tony-Lee-Base-Image.jpg

he is attending both days and typically doesn't charge for his autograph.

Really nice bloke, He was a compere for a convention I went to a few years ago, and also ran the auction that night, every time someone got outbid. He'd cheekily say to that person. Dont let them beat you. Always with a big smile on his face, 

4 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I did notice that. Again I dont know why people feel the need to be so negative, they can just look at the post and move on.

The thing is it’s an extremely big show and does continue to grow so getting people from it makes more and more sense, plus 2 people who are currently in it? 3 if you count Bonnie Langford That’s the best thing to do, a few of the negative comments have been removed I’ve noticed tho

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

The thing is it’s an extremely big show and does continue to grow so getting people from it makes more and more sense, plus 2 people who are currently in it? 3 if you count Bonnie Langford That’s the best thing to do, a few of the negative comments have been removed I’ve noticed tho

Exactly this, there are loads of guests who are announced from shows or films I have no interest in collecting autographs from the cast, but I dont feel the need to disparage them or the announcement

5 hours ago, LSmith said:

i hope i can get my life on mars double to happen so i would be getting 2 photos with simm

I've both John and Glenn on a print of them as Camberwick Green characters. I wanted something a little different for them to sign 

7 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I'm gonna have to risk it myself mainly as i know i'm gonna want them on something and i might as well have them on the same item unless i can cough up the cash for a second from Dobson for my copy of "Blood of the Daleks", but i can see them being one and done, as the popularity of the supporting cast isn't as good as it used to be, but i chalk that done to people having opinions of a less than pleasant variety when it comes to more modern episodes.

See this is what I am tempted by as well, ideally I would have liked them on the next series boxset, as they are rumoured to be recurring characters, but we have to work with what we have got so far.

Anita Dobson, appearing in one of the most viewed if not the most viewed tv episode of the 80's. and going one step further maybe of the last 40 years deserves a little respect as well.

And this isnt levelled at anyone here by the way 

Even if we ignore Dimensions in Time, there is a long list of actors who have done Doctor Who and Eastenders. And you could also same the same for Casualty, The Bill or any long running tv show. In fact I was surprised there wasnt more of a cross pollination when Casualty and Doctor Who share the same studio. I think other than various extras, we only had Sunetra Sarker in Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.

Although we did get a Doctor on Casualty who was a fan, and attended conventions  

15 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Exactly this, there are loads of guests who are announced from shows or films I have no interest in collecting autographs from the cast, but I dont feel the need to disparage them or the announcement

I think people have unrealistic expectations of guests these days they see one headliner at one event, and assume that said person will do every event, or as i always see the repeat demand for Joseph Quinn and Jenna Ortega neither of which i personally wanna see attend given how bad it has been in the past and how some people cant behave themselves around guests of that calibur, plus i've seen a few nasty comments when they've gotten people from Stranger Things and Wednesday who arent either of those people.

See this is what I am tempted by as well, ideally I would have liked them on the next series boxset, as they are rumoured to be recurring characters, but we have to work with what we have got so far.

Anita Dobson, appearing in one of the most viewed if not the most viewed tv episode of the 80's. and going one step further maybe of the last 40 years deserves a little respect as well.

And this isnt levelled at anyone here by the way 

What was that by chance, as i dunno what Dobson was in that was the most viewed thing.

and yeah even with Conformation that it would be included it wouldn't do me much good now as i prefer to have my items signed as opposed to a picture card, if anything its a repeat of the two Flux guests we had, when it was still broadcasting, amazing how that happens and how much it can annoy me and others, just means i need to put down an extra £10 for an item, and now i'm highly considering spending an extra £40 if i can spare it and have both King and Collins on the 60th anniversary specials as well but thats if i can spare it all.

Even if we ignore Dimensions in Time, there is a long list of actors who have done Doctor Who and Eastenders. And you could also same the same for Casualty, The Bill or any long running tv show. In fact I was surprised there wasnt more of a cross pollination when Casualty and Doctor Who share the same studio. I think other than various extras, we only had Sunetra Sarker in Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.

Although we did get a Doctor on Casualty who was a fan, and attended conventions  

I think a lot of people forget that if you've done doctor who you're more than bound to have done something else in the UK and when someone gets announced they're more than likely gonna have crossover and at this time Doctor who would be their most known role, i mean hell they had a guest for Hi-Di-Hi and i still had her sign my "Carnival of Monsters" even if she only rolled down a hill instead of Katy Manning.

20 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

What was that by chance, as i dunno what Dobson was in that was the most viewed thing.

and yeah even with Conformation that it would be included it wouldn't do me much good now as i prefer to have my items signed as opposed to a picture card, if anything its a repeat of the two Flux guests we had, when it was still broadcasting, amazing how that happens and how much it can annoy me and others, just means i need to put down an extra £10 for an item, and now i'm highly considering spending an extra £40 if i can spare it and have both King and Collins on the 60th anniversary specials as well but thats if i can spare it all.

It was the Eastenders Christmas episode. Just over 30m watched it that year.

And as suspected the two actors from Flux were one convention and done as well. So far anyway

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

It was the Eastenders Christmas episode. Just over 30m watched it that year.

And as suspected the two actors from Flux were one convention and done as well. So far anyway

The only one i've seen from that series do multiple conventions has been Kevin McNally, which is a shame because my Sara Powell Signature is fading and i need it redone as well as getting her on my Londons burning series 6&7.

its a shame that many have only done a single event, but its possible that fan reception puts them off, i mean imagine scoring a role in a high profile series and then having people respond negatively that you're not so and so usually one of the bigger names people cant afford anyway.

that is a point actualy many people who request the big names are often the same who would then follow up by saying the prices are too high, when in reality thats a days work for the actor, and the pay for said actor is usually quite high and the event has to take a cut, so whilst their are a lot of people who want to meet Billie Piper there gonna be the same people who will now complain they couldn't afford her.

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

The only one i've seen from that series do multiple conventions has been Kevin McNally, which is a shame because my Sara Powell Signature is fading and i need it redone as well as getting her on my Londons burning series 6&7.

its a shame that many have only done a single event, but its possible that fan reception puts them off, i mean imagine scoring a role in a high profile series and then having people respond negatively that you're not so and so usually one of the bigger names people cant afford anyway.

that is a point actualy many people who request the big names are often the same who would then follow up by saying the prices are too high, when in reality thats a days work for the actor, and the pay for said actor is usually quite high and the event has to take a cut, so whilst their are a lot of people who want to meet Billie Piper there gonna be the same people who will now complain they couldn't afford her.

But then he was no stranger to the convention scene, even before the Flux episodes. So it's not a surprise that he's done more since.

I guess it is more down to the size of their roles more than fan reception, as can they justify repeat appearances, if the footfall wasnt as large as expected.

Another case in point was Artur Lee from the Legend of the Sea-Devils, really nice guy, but he rarely had a queue

2 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

But then he was no stranger to the convention scene, even before the Flux episodes. So it's not a surprise that he's done more since.

I guess it is more down to the size of their roles more than fan reception, as can they justify repeat appearances, if the footfall wasnt as large as expected.

Another case in point was Artur Lee from the Legend of the Sea-Devils, really nice guy, but he rarely had a queue

Yeah Arthur was a lovely meet and by all accounts people just wrote off the Whitaker era before giving it a shot i think, i wish he had better reception as whilst the episode wasnt great, it wasn't done to him at all, and i thought he was great.

Also i have booked the diamond pass for Billie Piper, they are selling out so if you haven't i'd recommend doing so ASAP, i am so excited to be able to meet her and even better knowing the best companion is going to be there.

Frazer Hines as Jamie McCrimmon

7 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I think people have unrealistic expectations of guests these days they see one headliner at one event, and assume that said person will do every event, or as i always see the repeat demand for Joseph Quinn and Jenna Ortega neither of which i personally wanna see attend given how bad it has been in the past and how some people cant behave themselves around guests of that calibur, plus i've seen a few nasty comments when they've gotten people from Stranger Things and Wednesday who arent either of those people.

The same philosophy we have applied to the smaller actors, people also need to face that some headliners are also one convention and done. For any number of reasons.

There are also some actors who you would think are one and done like Christopher Eccelston, but the fans showed him how much he was appreciated and he genuinly enjoyed the day he attended and has done multiple shows since. He was one of only a few guests that I got really tongue tied meeting. 

6 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

The same philosophy we have applied to the smaller actors, people also need to face that some headliners are also one convention and done. For any number of reasons.

There are also some actors who you would think are one and done like Christopher Eccelston, but the fans showed him how much he was appreciated and he genuinly enjoyed the day he attended and has done multiple shows since. He was one of only a few guests that I got really tongue tied meeting. 

I know Quinn did two events but you can tell whilst there were some good fans, there were a large amount of toxic entitled ones and by all means id not want to return to an event after that mess.

I hope Eccelston does another LFCC as i do need a photo with him to add to my album especially as i'm now getting Billie Piper to join the list.

speaking of heres who i've booked photos with:

• Frazer Hines - Jamie McCrimmon
  • Billie Piper - Rose Tyler
  • Jacqueline king - Noble
  • Julian Bleach - Davros
  • Caitlin Blackwood - Amelia Pond

and the ones i will book come payday:

• Colin Baker & Bonnie Langford - The Sixth Doctor & Mel Bush
  • Karl Collins - Shaun Temple
  • Ruth Madley - Shirley Bingham
  • Anthony Waye - Assistant Director - "Dr Who and the Daleks"/"Dalek Invasion Earth 2150AD"

so all in all i'll have 9 photos thus far to nab, meaning hell yes so many great photos to add to my album on top of signatures, maybe depending on funds i'll look at who else i may want a photo with IE another Random, or maybe Michelle Greenidge if i can spare it

18 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Yeah Arthur was a lovely meet and by all accounts people just wrote off the Whitaker era before giving it a shot i think, i wish he had better reception as whilst the episode wasnt great, it wasn't done to him at all, and i thought he was great.

Also i have booked the diamond pass for Billie Piper, they are selling out so if you haven't i'd recommend doing so ASAP, i am so excited to be able to meet her and even better knowing the best companion is going to be there.

Frazer Hines as Jamie McCrimmon

Thank you for the update. I'm in the fortunate position, that when she did a show a couple of years ago, I got her on all the steelbooks for the seasons she was in,  so as great a guest as she is, I dont actually need her on anything.

As for the best companion, surely thats .......

Got my dvd covers back, Carol Ann Ford has signed full signature for me so bonus. Her shortened one could have been down to age, how busy the show was or a combination of the two. 

I've now 5 on my Unearthly Child, added Brian Hodgson to my Invasion dvd and a start on The War Games.

2 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Got my dvd covers back, Carol Ann Ford has signed full signature for me so bonus. Her shortened one could have been down to age, how busy the show was or a combination of the two. 

I've now 5 on my Unearthly Child, added Brian Hodgson to my Invasion dvd and a start on The War Games.

Not to be THAT guy but mine has 6 on it and I’ve a decent 10 on my “the invasion” with Brian being the latest name at current.

all I have on my “the war games” is Vernon Dobtcheff so I could do with more names.

26 minutes ago, LSmith said:

showmasters just posted this so I don't think we are getting any who guests

Given that’s 14 out of 20 of the names I’ve listed there is always a strong chance, plus these are the bigger more recognisable ones, so there would be a chance to see more announced within the next month