Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

25 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I can understand why they dont as it keeps everything simple, rather than throwing to many variations out there and confusing staff and attendees as to who has what pass.

That being said, I would love an autograph only diamond pass. 

That i think would complicate matters more as how would you stop people scalping them and assuming these were just for Big names like Billie Piper the queues would likely get worse trying to filter them in.

4 hours ago, D-C-A said:

That i think would complicate matters more as how would you stop people scalping them and assuming these were just for Big names like Billie Piper the queues would likely get worse trying to filter them in.

That's the thing isn't it though, the more layers or permutations you add, the more you run the risk of overcomplicating it and confusing everyone. And there will always be someone who tries it on and spoils it for people

33 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

He has done a number of shows for the company, so I wouldnt rule it out

i mean i was going to meet him last year ( BIRMIGHAM) because i enjoy life on mars too so was going to meet the whole cast but sadly it was cancelled

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

He has done a number of shows for the company, so I wouldnt rule it out

It would be great to see him make an appearance especially as they had Derek Jacobi last year and would cap things off well for having both Series 3 master's make an appearance within that span of time, maybe 18 months later? eh ehe, but yeah i would love him on my Series 3 to go with Sir Derek (here we honour Titles), and i have my Laser Screwdriver to use with any photo.

And on a sad note. His family have confirmed that Les Conrad passed away this morning

That was horrible to read walking home from work, the poor man was not well nearly 2 years ago and i doubt these years have been kind to him, i just hope that by all accounts he didn't suffer, he seemed nice when i met him, but my thoughts are with his family.

the sad irony is, i was discussing him and his family with Kevin McNally yesterday at an event and he was interested in hearing because he didn't know that the twins dad was also in the story he did much less that the entire family had been in the show or were connected, so thats a sad irony for me, he was however one of the sad tales of meeting fans even when you might not have been able to do so.

I have 3 items signed by him, thats all it will ever be, and i'm glad he's apart of 3 fantastic sets, may he RIP.

4 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

That was horrible to read walking home from work, the poor man was not well nearly 2 years ago and i doubt these years have been kind to him, i just hope that by all accounts he didn't suffer, he seemed nice when i met him, but my thoughts are with his family.

the sad irony is, i was discussing him and his family with Kevin McNally yesterday at an event and he was interested in hearing because he didn't know that the twins dad was also in the story he did much less that the entire family had been in the show or were connected, so thats a sad irony for me, he was however one of the sad tales of meeting fans even when you might not have been able to do so.

I have 3 items signed by him, thats all it will ever be, and i'm glad he's apart of 3 fantastic sets, may he RIP.

100% my heart and thoughts are with his family

That's the thing isn't it though, the more layers or permutations you add, the more you run the risk of overcomplicating it and confusing everyone. And there will always be someone who tries it on and spoils it for people

Usually thats how things go, you have a system that relies on people being decent human beings and you always get someone who goes and ruins it, "Its sad really, people spend time making really nice things, and other people just come along and break them", assuming you could preorder autographs someone would likely scalp them and then sell them at a premium, and of course it would confuse people as they would now think they have to have digital ones, and don't need cash at events which would likely impact the traders and venues as well, because a lot of them do run on Cash only to avoid Mr Tax Man

Random question. Did Carol Ann Ford sign her full signature or just CAF? as a show she did last year, she signed CAF saying it was her new signature, but i have seen some from this weekend with the full signature

2 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

100% my heart and thoughts are with his family

Its amazing how that despite being a small time bit player we found ourselves discussing him as what i felt was both the needed cautionary tale and the poster boy (Man?) of how we value everyone who has done Doctor who big or small (Sans Granthom, Clarke and Langley) and that to me at least everyone is important in their own special way, i'm glad that in-spite of everything i have him on a special set and one of my all time favourite Stories.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

Random question. Did Carol Ann Ford sign her full signature or just CAF? as a show she did last year, she signed CAF saying it was her new signature, but i have seen some from this weekend with the full signature

She signed her full name, i recall her signing CAF on an item but i just checked all 6 and she signed Carole Ann-Ford on all 6 items which is weird, so maybe she reverted back?

3 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Usually thats how things go, you have a system that relies on people being decent human beings and you always get someone who goes and ruins it, "Its sad really, people spend time making really nice things, and other people just come along and break them", assuming you could preorder autographs someone would likely scalp them and then sell them at a premium, and of course it would confuse people as they would now think they have to have digital ones, and don't need cash at events which would likely impact the traders and venues as well, because a lot of them do run on Cash only to avoid Mr Tax Man

The funny thing is, winter 2022, the person printing my diamond passes, scanned my David Tennant twice by mistake, and asked me if I was sure I didnt have two passes for him. A less honest person would have taken the second pass. 

8 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Its amazing how that despite being a small time bit player we found ourselves discussing him as what i felt was both the needed cautionary tale and the poster boy (Man?) of how we value everyone who has done Doctor who big or small (Sans Granthom, Clarke and Langley) and that to me at least everyone is important in their own special way, i'm glad that in-spite of everything i have him on a special set and one of my all time favourite Stories.

Exactly this, and we were never negative about him, quite the opposite, we were just concerned that he was put in a situation that he shouldn't have been

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

She signed her full name, i recall her signing CAF on an item but i just checked all 6 and she signed Carole Ann-Ford on all 6 items which is weird, so maybe she reverted back?

So random, it would be interesting to know the circumstances, maybe the previous show was at the end of a long day. But we'll not know 100%. Just have to be grateful she still signs

I should have started this with Richard Franklin in December but i feel that this is a time i should start it.

hqdefault.jpg

Leslie "Les" Conrad.

Unknown - 28/01/2024 (Pictured here with Wife Shirley).

Leslie or as he preferred to be known Les was a notable extra of Doctor Who appearing for nearly 20 years making his first contribution to the Series in the William Hartnell adventure "The Massacre" as a Bar Patron, he would go on to appear not only with the first 6 actors to inherit the titular role, but he appeared with his brother on numerous occasions and in his penultimate appearance "The Twin Dilemma" his sons played the titular characters, as an extra his name shall not often be remembered by the general fan-base, even i struggled to find a photo of him, and any clearer photo of him would be appreciated, but it goes to great lengths that many even so many years later would have sought him out as an extra of many great and notable stories, even if those two never necessarily overlapped, he was in my opinion a fine man who dedicated himself to fans who would otherwise overlook him for his lack of notable credit, i was happy to meet a man of such character, i hope that he rests in peace.

he is survived by his Wife Shirley and twin sons Andrew and Gavin Conrad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

So random, it would be interesting to know the circumstances, maybe the previous show was at the end of a long day. But we'll not know 100%. Just have to be grateful she still signs

I guess it could have been a test to see how it went down?, but that would leave some people annoyed as their signatures now mis match and could even appear to be fakes

so we have two new guests to add to our lists.

firstly we have Anita Dobson who has two doctor who credits to her name thus far, the obvious being Mrs Flood from the recent special "The Church on Ruby Road" however long time big finish enjoyers such as myself would know her from "Blood of the Daleks" with Paul McGann the first of the 8th Doctor adventures, so that would have been my obvious choice as i'd prefer to wait and see if the Christmas special is also coming out in the boxset, but thats no longer a guarantee anymore.

AnitaDobsonWeb.png

She is attending on the Saturday only and is £25 for her autograph or photo.

And joining us on the sunday and what is now forcing me to buy said Special is Michelle Greenidge who plays Rubys Mum Carla Sunday (I will have none of this adopted here), and personally i'm excited as someone who has been adopted myself i am whole hardheartedly behind the character choice.

MichelleGreenidgeWeb.png

She is attending on the Sunday and is £20 for her Autograph and photo.

On that note i'm currently up in the air about if i'm going to get the individual release as i would prefer to wait for a boxset but with no guarantee if it will be included is it worth it for just two names now.

19 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

And the guests from the specials keep coming. Anita Dobson has been announced. I wonder if she'll bring her husband along

I just looked this up, the odds are slim

12 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I should have started this with Richard Franklin in December but i feel that this is a time i should start it.

hqdefault.jpg

Leslie "Les" Conrad.

Unknown - 28/01/2024 (Pictured here with Wife Shirley).

Leslie or as he preferred to be known Les was a notable extra of Doctor Who appearing for nearly 20 years making his first contribution to the Series in the William Hartnell adventure "The Massacre" as a Bar Patron, he would go on to appear not only with the first 6 actors to inherit the titular role, but he appeared with his brother on numerous occasions and in his penultimate appearance "The Twin Dilemma" his sons played the titular characters, as an extra his name shall not often be remembered by the general fan-base, even i struggled to find a photo of him, and any clearer photo of him would be appreciated, but it goes to great lengths that many even so many years later would have sought him out as an extra of many great and notable stories, even if those two never necessarily overlapped, he was in my opinion a fine man who dedicated himself to fans who would otherwise overlook him for his lack of notable credit, i was happy to meet a man of such character, i hope that he rests in peace.

he is survived by his Wife Shirley and twin sons Andrew and Gavin Conrad.

Also i am going to be doing this small obituaries for guests who've attended that I've met or the bigger actors, i felt extremely compelled out of sadness for Mr Conrad.

oh the complaining has started already as people seem annoyed by the doctor who guests but something tells me if it was Matt Smith or a similarly big name the complaining wouldn't be present.

Okay so we have another guest update in the form of Tony lee, usually a comic writer and artist he has also written a number of audios for Big finish, "Rat Trap" from the main range, and then two audios for Bernice Summerfield "Private Enemy No.1" from "Epoch" and then "Vesuvius falling" from "Legion" and is a great man i must say, very doubting of his own ability but i like him enough, so even if you're not going to get a signature, meet him, he's worth a chat.

Tony-Lee-Base-Image.jpg

he is attending both days and typically doesn't charge for his autograph.

3 hours ago, D-C-A said:

On that note i'm currently up in the air about if i'm going to get the individual release as i would prefer to wait for a boxset but with no guarantee if it will be included is it worth it for just two names now.

The problem I can see with waiting, I think even with these two potentially returning across the next season. I think convention wise, they are a one and done type of guest. So it either leads to the Christmas special DVD, photos, or autograph books. Or at a push a 15th doctor poster.