Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

5 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

oh most certainly she will and probably a walled off one like others before her specifically Karen Gillian, i don't know what the reason is behind that but my guess is to stop people sneaking pictures of hi ticket guests given a lot of them have signs that say no at desk photos.

all in all i cant wait to see some of the "Complaints" from the entitled crowd who think an entry ticket is enough to entitle them to meeting Billie Piper irregardless of others paying for Diamond Passes and that, plus the usual swill of how they were waiting for hours with no result in the positive.

Queue management will come in to play with this as well, as they can control the flow a lot better when the guest has their own specific area, rather than a open area where people can just mill around and create a bottleneck

Edited by Mfahey79

2 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Queue management as well will come in to play with this as well, as they can control the flow a lot better when the guest has their own specific area, rather than a open area where people can just mill around and create a bottleneck

I can expect a bottleneck from a few guests, i know if i get time with him Frazer Hines will be one such person that i shall cause one.

that said we need to see how they lay out the guests, i'm hoping that they try and get Wendy Padbury to match up with Hines but i dunno what i'd get her on beyond one item which is a cheat but looking at it barely anyone left, that being "The Evil of the Daleks" which will require a lot of explaining to everyone who asks, but damn will i seize the chance, and yes theirs so few people left from it, but maybe i'd go for something which she herself would be separate from Hines which means maybe 2 CDs i own.

again as we've mentioned Annekke wills isn't doing events, but i'm sure that may change and it would be great if they managed it with Hines, as i could comfortably narrow it down to 3 items, "Power of the Daleks" Steelbook, "Light at the End" and Lost in time.

but honestly i just hope the upstairs is open just to keep the flow going, otherwise their will be trouble again.

9 hours ago, D-C-A said:

oh most certainly she will and probably a walled off one like others before her specifically Karen Gillian, i don't know what the reason is behind that but my guess is to stop people sneaking pictures of hi ticket guests given a lot of them have signs that say no at desk photos.

all in all i cant wait to see some of the "Complaints" from the entitled crowd who think an entry ticket is enough to entitle them to meeting Billie Piper irregardless of others paying for Diamond Passes and that, plus the usual swill of how they were waiting for hours with no result in the positive.

also another reason of the booth they just dont have the room david tennant didn't have one a lfcc 2022 or jodie 

2 hours ago, LSmith said:

also another reason of the booth they just dont have the room david tennant didn't have one a lfcc 2022 or jodie 

I’m amazed there wasn’t pure chaos beyond the people complaining that they’d been waiting and other people were cutting, the cutting I should add was diamond pass holders

12 hours ago, LSmith said:

They did for the winter one, they were hidden in the first area as you walked in, it made it easier to funnel the crowds as there was a long open space where people could queue, also meant that people casually walking past wernt able to just hang about trying to catch a glimpse, so it does make me think they have learnt their lessons over Quinn.

it was how they used to do it for the summer shows, I guess they were just out of practice that summer. That and it was far too overcrowded in his photo area, as soon as everyone started congregated, they should have told people to come back in x amount of minutes and not crowd the area

Well elsewhere has literally just listed about 5 people almost immediately who I need for a few items, specifically that 2 I need on what will become an extremely valuable item another which will gain some value and another for a few items, Jesus I am gonna be bankrupt.

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

2 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

They did for the winter one, they were hidden in the first area as you walked in, it made it easier to funnel the crowds as there was a long open space where people could queue, also meant that people casually walking past wernt able to just hang about trying to catch a glimpse, so it does make me think they have learnt their lessons over Quinn.

it was how they used to do it for the summer shows, I guess they were just out of practice that summer. That and it was far too overcrowded in his photo area, as soon as everyone started congregated, they should have told people to come back in x amount of minutes and not crowd the area

It really was a fine year for guests but Damn was it a bad one for handling everything given that some areas weren’t handled as well as they should have been, also swear I saw a bird flying about, bet he didn’t pay did he.

3 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Well elsewhere has literally just listed about 5 people almost immediately who I need for a few items, specifically that 2 I need on what will become an extremely valuable item another which will gain some value and another for a few items, Jesus I am gonna be bankrupt.

Yes, it's given me a few permutations as well, they have a Curse of Fenric re-union later in the year, which this gets an early start

Edited by Mfahey79

3 hours ago, D-C-A said:

It really was a fine year for guests but Damn was it a bad one for handling everything given that some areas weren’t handled as well as they should have been, also swear I saw a bird flying about, bet he didn’t pay did he.

It was the first year I managed to do Spring, Summer, and Winter shows, as I lucked out with them falling on my weekends off. Managed to meet some fantastic guests as well throughout the year. 

10 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Yes, it's given me a few permutations as well, they have a Curse of Fenric re-union later in the year, which this gets an early start

It seems they’ve started doing a trend of bulk announcing at the start.

8 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

It was the first year I managed to do Spring, Summer, and Winter shows, as I lucked out with them falling on my weekends off. Managed to meet some fantastic guests as well throughout the year. 

I’ve managed every LFCC since 2021 as I’ve had jobs since (or good saving skills) that have enabled me time off (usually with pay) so I can attend, and I have a habit of working the hours that these trips aren’t too bad a strain, mainly cause I pick up every shift that no one else wants and then people complain when I seemingly have around 180 hours in a month because I’ve just done 4 45ish weeks in a row, hell there was one month where I did 120 in 2 weeks so they gave me an extra holiday day, nice reward.

4 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I’ve managed every LFCC since 2021 as I’ve had jobs since (or good saving skills) that have enabled me time off (usually with pay) so I can attend, and I have a habit of working the hours that these trips aren’t too bad a strain, mainly cause I pick up every shift that no one else wants and then people complain when I seemingly have around 180 hours in a month because I’ve just done 4 45ish weeks in a row, hell there was one month where I did 120 in 2 weeks so they gave me an extra holiday day, nice reward.

I'd done the odd few LFCC's before, but I've managed every one since 2017, I always book that week off to make sure I can attend. I'll only tend to do the winter and spring ones if I've got the weekend off. 

On 1/24/2024 at 10:33 PM, D-C-A said:

Okay so small update in the form of Billie Piper who we all know as Rose Tyler who is appearing at LFCC spring, so by all accounts we have our headliner guest.

Miss Piper appears in Series 1,2&4 as well as making further appearances in "The End of Time" and then as the Moment in "Day of the Doctor", for these you'll need any individual volume of Series 1&2 or their respective complete box-sets, for Series 4 however she is present on every individual disc sans "Voyage of the Dammed" but for volumes 1-3 she is merely in Cameos, "The End of time" can be either the individual release or a Complete Specials release, and then her most recent appearance in "The Day of the Doctor" is either the individual release or as apart of the 50th Anniversary boxset.

BilliePiperWeb.png

Miss Piper is appearing on the Saturday only is £45 for an auto or a photo but has a diamond pass for £145 which includes her Talk.

as usual i ask what everyone will be getting signed and i'm torn between series 1&2 as she would be great on either set given who has already signed both, so i'm at a loss here.

now for my more controversial thoughts i feel that she will greatly overshadow some of the other Doctor who guests as there is an unfortunate consensus that Rose Tyler is the most important thing in the series despite her arc being in only 2 series out of a current 39 (and in my opinion quite an awful one), so there will likely be a lot of people who will disregard others in turn for her.

also everyone whose reading this, for the love of god please behave, people will be paying for diamond passes which gives them priority and doesn't mean their pushing, also if asked to disperse please do. 

what do you think the diamond pass item will be and what is the moment shoot?

2 hours ago, LSmith said:

what do you think the diamond pass item will be and what is the moment shoot?

img

Depends if they go with the tardis background, but this was the one they did a few years ago with John Hurt? But we'll know more on the day

As for the gift, it's another we'll not know until the day I'm afraid, 

Edited by Mfahey79

22 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

img

Depends if they go with the tardis background, but this was the one they did a few years ago with John Hurt? But we'll know more on the day

i hope its like this

okay lads i've had some rest after a hell of a day on the tube and a replacement bus, but i've added some more names to my list with Lost in Time now sitting at a staggering 25 names, which is significant for a single set, even if it is both the cover and booklet but still quite a selection, the next name which isn't a regular is going in page 2 of the booklet, but heres the current list for you to hopefully enjoy, question and be envious of:

•    Carole Ann-Ford – Susan Foreman
•    Maureen O’Brien – Vicki
•    Peter Purves - Steven Taylor
•    John Levene – Corporal John Benton/Cyberman/Yeti – “The Moonbase”/“The Web of Fear”/“The Invasion”
•    Wendy Padbury – Zoe Herriot
•    Brian Hodgson – Special Sounds
•    Warris Hussain – Director – “Marco Polo”
•    Clive Doig – Vision Mixer – “Marco Polo”/“The Reign of Terror”
•    David Tilley – Floor assistant/Assistant Floor Manager – “The Reign of Terror”/“The Evil of the Daleks”
•    Timothy Combe – Production Assistant/Second Unit Director – “The Reign of Terror”/“The Evil of the Daleks”
•    Julian Glover - King Richard The Lionhart – “The Crusade”
•    Mike Stevens – Trojan Guard – “The Myth Makers”
•    Derek Chaffer – Greek Soldier/Guard/Cyberman/Miner – “The Myth Makers”/“The Massacre”/“The Moonbase”/“Fury From the Deep”/“The Invasion”/“The Space Pirates”
•    David Weston – Nicholas Muss – “The Massacre”
•    Christopher Tranchell – Roger Colbert/Steven Jenkins – “The Massacre”/“The Faceless Ones”
•    Les Conrad – Tavern Customer/UNIT Soldier/Space Pirate – “The Massacre”/“The Invasion”/“The Space Pirates”
•     Sylvia James – Makeup  – “The Savages”/Seasons 5&6
•    Christopher Matthew – Radar Technician – “The Tenth Planet”
•    Graeme Harper – Floor Assistant – “The Power of the Daleks”
•    Mary Peach – Astrid – “The Enemy of the World”
•    Bill Lyons – Yannos – “The Enemy of the World”
•    Margot Hayhoe – Victoria Scream/Assistant Floor Manager – “Fury From the Deep”
•    Sally Faulkner – Isobel Watkins – “The Invasion”
•    Paul Kirby – Space Pirate/Miner – “The Space Pirates”
•    George Layton – Technician Penn – “The Space Pirates”

So i hope you enjoy that all everyone, obviously come LFCC spring i can't wait to add Frazer Hines to the set, and hopefully later that month Derek Martin as well to bring the set to 27 names.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

okay lads i've had some rest after a hell of a day on the tube and a replacement bus, but i've added some more names to my list with Lost in Time now sitting at a staggering 25 names, which is significant for a single set, even if it is both the cover and booklet but still quite a selection, the next name which isn't a regular is going in page 2 of the booklet, but heres the current list for you to hopefully enjoy, question and be envious of:

•    Carole Ann-Ford – Susan Foreman
•    Maureen O’Brien – Vicki
•    Peter Purves - Steven Taylor
•    John Levene – Corporal John Benton/Cyberman/Yeti – “The Moonbase”/“The Web of Fear”/“The Invasion”
•    Wendy Padbury – Zoe Herriot
•    Brian Hodgson – Special Sounds
•    Warris Hussain – Director – “Marco Polo”
•    Clive Doig – Vision Mixer – “Marco Polo”/“The Reign of Terror”
•    David Tilley – Floor assistant/Assistant Floor Manager – “The Reign of Terror”/“The Evil of the Daleks”
•    Timothy Combe – Production Assistant/Second Unit Director – “The Reign of Terror”/“The Evil of the Daleks”
•    Julian Glover - King Richard The Lionhart – “The Crusade”
•    Mike Stevens – Trojan Guard – “The Myth Makers”
•    Derek Chaffer – Greek Soldier/Guard/Cyberman/Miner – “The Myth Makers”/“The Massacre”/“The Moonbase”/“Fury From the Deep”/“The Invasion”/“The Space Pirates”
•    David Weston – Nicholas Muss – “The Massacre”
•    Christopher Tranchell – Roger Colbert/Steven Jenkins – “The Massacre”/“The Faceless Ones”
•    Les Conrad – Tavern Customer/UNIT Soldier/Space Pirate – “The Massacre”/“The Invasion”/“The Space Pirates”
•     Sylvia James – Makeup  – “The Savages”/Seasons 5&6
•    Christopher Matthew – Radar Technician – “The Tenth Planet”
•    Graeme Harper – Floor Assistant – “The Power of the Daleks”
•    Mary Peach – Astrid – “The Enemy of the World”
•    Bill Lyons – Yannos – “The Enemy of the World”
•    Margot Hayhoe – Victoria Scream/Assistant Floor Manager – “Fury From the Deep”
•    Sally Faulkner – Isobel Watkins – “The Invasion”
•    Paul Kirby – Space Pirate/Miner – “The Space Pirates”
•    George Layton – Technician Penn – “The Space Pirates”

So i hope you enjoy that all everyone, obviously come LFCC spring i can't wait to add Frazer Hines to the set, and hopefully later that month Derek Martin as well to bring the set to 27 names.

That is an impressive list. 

Potentially you could add John Levene as well for the Web of Fear and The Moonbase but then, is he in the episodes on the dvd.

I'm looking to add him to my Invasion and Green Death dvds and a potentially a couple of others, 

5 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

That is an impressive list. 

Potentially you could add John Levene as well for the Web of Fear and The Moonbase but then, is he in the episodes on the dvd.

I'm looking to add him to my Invasion and Green Death dvds and a potentially a couple of others, 

I've got John on "The Web of Fear" already, "the moonbase" is one i do wanna add him on as from that impressive cast only a few are still alive so he's basically a necessity for the story, him and Derek Chaffer are the only non regulars i know still alive, i may be wrong there as we say around here, the older the story the higher the priority, that said i have now added the 63 cast to the complete set as i have finally got Carole Ann-Ford on "An Unearthly Child" to join one of my 3 William Russell autos, (Along with Warris Hussain, Dick Mills, Brian Hodgson and Clive Doig), i got a few chuckles as people were only able to get 5 names on their covers and theirs me with 6. 

16 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

img

Again I wish that Diamond pass had multiple photo options so you could pay a higher fee and get a prop or background photo, not a necessity for me but I would enjoy the occasional variety such as when I got a TARDIS with Matthew Waterhouse.

3 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Again I wish that Diamond pass had multiple photo options so you could pay a higher fee and get a prop or background photo, not a necessity for me but I would enjoy the occasional variety such as when I got a TARDIS with Matthew Waterhouse.

I can understand why they dont as it keeps everything simple, rather than throwing to many variations out there and confusing staff and attendees as to who has what pass.

That being said, I would love an autograph only diamond pass.