Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

20 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I meant Bonnie with them I’ve seen they have a duo offering, which is cool

Ah, my mistake, I mis-read what you wrote. But it is still bizarre they are only advertising the Collins King duo on his page

16 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I think rn we’re looking at every combination they can work on, but I do hope they don’t focus solely on just the recent specials as I like many other fans would love to see classic guests appear as well as more modern ones.

as I’ve said with guests I want most desperately it’s mainly older story focused ones, there in my opinion needs to be a lot of Balance

Well with the Season 15 Collection being released, there's another chance to build a themed selection of guests, maybe too soon for Spring, but maybe the summer or winter show

31 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I would like to imagine that they will get more as they’re focusing on them for some strange reason 

More so than the last winter show, which is bizarre as that was so close to the 60th anniversary. I get that they couldnt really go for anyone from the specials, but there were 60 years of potential guests 

2 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Ah, my mistake, I mis-read what you wrote. But it is still bizarre they are only advertising the Collins King duo on his page

My friend (that okay?) think nothing of it, I could have been more clear

Well with the Season 15 Collection being released, there's another chance to build a themed selection of guests, maybe too soon for Spring, but maybe the summer or winter show

I can think of another event which would focus on that, but it would be good to see some season 15 people even a return by John Leeson would be nice to coincide with it, but Louise Jameson would be another great one as I’d go for 4 signatures from her easy. 

again Milton Johns gimmie Milton Johns

More so than the last winter show, which is bizarre as that was so close to the 60th anniversary. I get that they couldnt really go for anyone from the specials, but there were 60 years of potential guests 

I think that it was best to wait so there would be more available and as such you’d have an idea of whose just been in the specials and who would be hot ticket 

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

I think that it was best to wait so there would be more available and as such you’d have an idea of whose just been in the specials and who would be hot ticket 

yea wonder if anymore 60 will be announced on Thursday

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

I can think of another event which would focus on that, but it would be good to see some season 15 people even a return by John Leeson would be nice to coincide with it, but Louise Jameson would be another great one as I’d go for 4 signatures from her easy. 

again Milton Johns gimmie Milton Johns

If your thinking of the same show I am, then they were my first thought as well. Although Louise Jameson would be a big guest for either company to reasonably get, and I cant remember the last time I saw her at a convention, but then she has been working pretty solidly the last few years. Which for her is great, for us not so much.

Given how popular Milton was last time they managed to get him to a show, I'm very surprised he hasn't done another in the last year

3 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

If your thinking of the same show I am, then they were my first thought as well. Although Louise Jameson would be a big guest for either company to reasonably get, and I cant remember the last time I saw her at a convention, but then she has been working pretty solidly the last few years. Which for her is great, for us not so much.

Given how popular Milton was last time they managed to get him to a show, I'm very surprised he hasn't done another in the last year

I know that Milton has always talked fondly of working and conventions in interviews so it would be amazing if he returned, I especially want him on my “Enemy of the world” and Lost in Time because I have two others from that story on both sets.

as for Louise I really want her to attend as I would lover her on my “Talons of Weng Chiang”, “the invasion of time” and my “Light at the end” maybe if she’s priced reasonably I’d get her on “the Robots of the death”.

from season 15 I can’t think of any big names they could get who’d cross series as most of the guests have passed on sadly, unless they went for Michael Keating who was In “the Sun Makers” and would be good for Blake’s 7 Fans as Villa the only one who was in every episode of that show

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Thats what I mean, They had almost 60 years to play with (with a few gaps), they could have gone for a guest from every era to celebrate the anniversary, and left the specials alone until this year. 

Ah well, lets look forward to the riches coming our way this year

1 hour ago, LSmith said:

yea wonder if anymore 60 will be announced on Thursday

I think everyone is waiting for Tate, but be warned the queue will be mental and a diamond pass is going to be the way to go judging by how hectic she was last weekend although this comes down to a bit of poor organising I admit.

20 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I know that Milton has always talked fondly of working and conventions in interviews so it would be amazing if he returned, I especially want him on my “Enemy of the world” and Lost in Time because I have two others from that story on both sets.

as for Louise I really want her to attend as I would lover her on my “Talons of Weng Chiang”, “the invasion of time” and my “Light at the end” maybe if she’s priced reasonably I’d get her on “the Robots of the death”.

from season 15 I can’t think of any big names they could get who’d cross series as most of the guests have passed on sadly, unless they went for Michael Keating who was In “the Sun Makers” and would be good for Blake’s 7 Fans as Villa the only one who was in every episode of that show

Which other than John, Milton, Michael and Louise, it would probably be better suited to either the film fair or a similar style show.  As I think we can safely say outside of the comfort of private signings, that Tom Baker would not want the stress of doing a convention

Michael Keating is someone I thought we would see at more conventions than I have done. I dont know if he had a bad experience at the last one, but he is long overdue appearing at one

11 hours ago, LSmith said:

Thanks that's really sad

It is but still plenty of time for them to find replacements. They've done well over years for such a small event. Getting Jo Martin and Julian Bleach for example

Edited by Mfahey79

17 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

It is but still plenty of time for them to find replacements. They've done well over years for such a small event. Getting Jo Martin and Julian Bleach for example

that be good

We’ve got the announcement at 7 today so let’s hope for something we can sink our teeth into, from what I can gather after the debacle last year in regards to the false hints they’ve decided to stop doing them, really I think I’d prefer it to be a big amount of guests instead of any one big guest in particular, mainly as we have a better chance of covering ground.

once again I’m seeing people complain in posts about them often getting Doctor who guests, but I find it hilarious that a lot of them are asking for guests from shows or movies where their is a lot of overlap and therefore would be in Doctor who anyway, such as for example if they nabbed Sir Ian McKellen,  you could easily say he has two credits, one as the great intelligence and the other as himself, I wonder if that would annoy anyone.

But going back to the wide variety of names, even if they’re smaller guests and we’re extras in classic stories the older the story the better as long as we get some who touch the 1960s as so far we have two in the form of Frazer Hines and Julien Glover, and a third at a stretch if you consider Colin Bakers retroactive involvement with “The Macra Terror” which is included on the First CD, DVD and Blu Ray releases, so more from that time period would by all accounts be great to have,Specifically Derrin Nesbit as he’s in the legendary “Marco Polo” and can be nabed on “the Edge of Destruction” as he’s featured on that release.

if not him as we’ve previously discussed Martin Jarvis who would cross all 3 decades, and whilst I hate “the Web Planet” I would find myself compelled to have his name attached, but I would most certainly get him on my “Invasion of the Dinosaurs” mainly given how rarer that has tragically become in recent memory, also that’s not me bragging about the Richard Franklin Signature, because I hate that he’s gone, I’m mentioning it as a collector and fan, not as some greedy entitled who plans to sell it on later, these are staying with me until the day I die.

Another good one would be Fiona Walker as she appeared in “the Keys of Marinus” and “Silver Nemesis” so a very early story, I recall on the making of back on the VHS they joked they should bring her back for the 50th, but that as sadly a missed opportunity, but point being she would be a good one for us, but at the same time she doesn’t have a lot of credits that would be a crowd attractor which I think this event is in need of.

23 hours ago, LSmith said:

i mean i just want some who guest anyways Christopher Eccleston would be nice

Eccleston would be nice but I dunno what I’d have him sign, my Series 1 already has his name attached and beyond cheating and having him on “the Day of the Doctor” as he is credited but it’s archive footage, I would have to listen to some of the Big Finish with him, I’ve about 5 of his boxsets thanks to charity shop finds, so I’d have to listen and chose my favourite.

i know he would be a big draw as he’s not been to that many events, and I would need a photo with him myself, so a diamond pass would be great as that way I can order straight up and not have to worry about waiting in a queue for an hour again.

On 1/16/2024 at 9:52 PM, Mfahey79 said:

I couldnt resist. Sorry

I mean either would be great, but I think there’s an exclusivity contract in place with Tate at current so I don’t think she would be allowed to attend another event for some time, it’s an open secret where we wouldn’t be directly told but knowing isn’t an issue.

i think however it would be a massive disappointment to fans if they got King, Collins, Langford and maybe added Finney but didn’t get Tate, and adding insult to injury even got Tennant, but I can’t see that happening, but Jesus imagine the drama from people who don’t understand the BTS politics of it all.

a return by Tennant would be more than welcomed by me, but damn would it be a hard choice between Series 4 and “the Day of the Doctor” for me, the former because I’m slowly building up a great cast list of names, the latter because having an item with Tennant and Smith is often the Bain of Doctor who fans, and as much as I’m not swept up in the height of saying those two were the only ones worth watching (a disrespectful opinion as far as I’m concerned) it would be great to have and annoy people with but none can do better than having Clem So, seriously he is the nicest possible man you can ask for, which makes me think LFCC should get him, I affectionately named him “the most recognisable extra in the UK” to which he loved.

i get side tracked but Tennant would be a hot ticket name, that I think many would be after, but would be better suited for the July Con above everything given the crowd he’d draw, I know people would be annoyed that they didn’t get him sooner but in logical sense, July would be better.

6 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I mean either would be great, but I think there’s an exclusivity contract in place with Tate at current so I don’t think she would be allowed to attend another event for some time, it’s an open secret where we wouldn’t be directly told but knowing isn’t an issue.

i think however it would be a massive disappointment to fans if they got King, Collins, Langford and maybe added Finney but didn’t get Tate, and adding insult to injury even got Tennant, but I can’t see that happening, but Jesus imagine the drama from people who don’t understand the BTS politics of it all.

a return by Tennant would be more than welcomed by me, but damn would it be a hard choice between Series 4 and “the Day of the Doctor” for me, the former because I’m slowly building up a great cast list of names, the latter because having an item with Tennant and Smith is often the Bain of Doctor who fans, and as much as I’m not swept up in the height of saying those two were the only ones worth watching (a disrespectful opinion as far as I’m concerned) it would be great to have and annoy people with but none can do better than having Clem So, seriously he is the nicest possible man you can ask for, which makes me think LFCC should get him, I affectionately named him “the most recognisable extra in the UK” to which he loved.

i get side tracked but Tennant would be a hot ticket name, that I think many would be after, but would be better suited for the July Con above everything given the crowd he’d draw, I know people would be annoyed that they didn’t get him sooner but in logical sense, July would be better.

i just hope we get something tonight ( a who guest)