Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

40 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

My bad I couldn’t quite remember which it was, but says a lot about their research or their morals that they made such a stupid headline, but the cake will always be taken about how the last Mortal Kombat movie was racist because it didn’t have Chun Li… a character from Street Fighter.

I can imagine however it will be a good few years before we’d see Yasmin appear at an event, I dunno how to explain it but it’s this feeling I have, and by all accounts she was great in the specials and I look forward to seeing her in Series 14.

that said it would be great if Showmasters did get her to duo with Jacquline King two of the Noble ladies appearing together.

It was all to generate headlines and froth up the angry mob. 

She was great. I'm sure I read somewhere, that outside of SDCC, the main cast are not allowed to do conventions whilst filming and/or the show is on air. I might be wrong. Which is why Peter Capaldi did Janet Fielding's charity event just before the 50th and had to wait until he left the role before doing LFCC. So it maybe a couple of years before we see Yasmin.

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

also I got a shock today as I found out that someone from “invasion of the dinosaurs” isn’t dead so I’m gonna have fun in getting that signed but damn am I gonna be transporting tha cover with care, it has just suddenly gained a small bit of Value due to the recent Richard Franklin passing, I’m not saying that as a value collector but someone who treasures it, and knows some people may be looking to acquire a signed cover via means that are less than honest.

It's one of those nice kind of shocks to see a guest announced from the early years

2 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

It's one of those nice kind of shocks to see a guest announced from the early years

it is yeah especially the further along in time you go, plus its been over 50 years since said story

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

It was all to generate headlines and froth up the angry mob. 

She was great. I'm sure I read somewhere, that outside of SDCC, the main cast are not allowed to do conventions whilst filming and/or the show is on air. I might be wrong. Which is why Peter Capaldi did Janet Fielding's charity event just before the 50th and had to wait until he left the role before doing LFCC. So it maybe a couple of years before we see Yasmin.

I think its defiently a case of the tabloids wanting to rile up the audience by saying "this character you love is being recast and with a Trans actress" when the story is basically its a new character who has the same name, my opinions on Rose Tyler are very different from that of the majority and personally Billie Piper was great as the Moment and in the role but the character was badly written IMO, but it was clearly trying to stir up trouble against a show which many people like to criticise about being woke even when the show has always been progressive, its just harder to deny now and thats their issue.

37 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I think its defiently a case of the tabloids wanting to rile up the audience by saying "this character you love is being recast and with a Trans actress" when the story is basically its a new character who has the same name, my opinions on Rose Tyler are very different from that of the majority and personally Billie Piper was great as the Moment and in the role but the character was badly written IMO, but it was clearly trying to stir up trouble against a show which many people like to criticise about being woke even when the show has always been progressive, its just harder to deny now and thats their issue.

Exactly, unfortunately the last few years have shown that positive stories dont generate as much income or headlines as stories that fire people up. They forget that Doctor Who has never been afraid to be topical or raise social issues. The Curse of Peledon has subtle hints about us joining the European Union. The Green Death is about global warming and us destroying the planet for example. 

And even now there are some people who can accept that an alien that can change their appearance every few years,  that it's possible that they can be played by a male or female actor. I would love to have seen Jodie Whitaker with a different showrunner, as I feel she was let down by the scripts.

And same with Billie Piper, like Jodie she is lovely to meet and a great ambassador for the show, but could have been served better by the scripts. 

30 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Exactly, unfortunately the last few years have shown that positive stories dont generate as much income or headlines as stories that fire people up. They forget that Doctor Who has never been afraid to be topical or raise social issues. The Curse of Peledon has subtle hints about us joining the European Union. The Green Death is about global warming and us destroying the planet for example. 

And even now there are some people who can accept that an alien that can change their appearance every few years,  that it's possible that they can be played by a male or female actor. I would love to have seen Jodie Whitaker with a different showrunner, as I feel she was let down by the scripts.

And same with Billie Piper, like Jodie she is lovely to meet and a great ambassador for the show, but could have been served better by the scripts. 

I would like a return appearance by Jodie as I would likely try and see if they have a photo option with Colin and Sylvester (and other Doctor they may get) because it would be really nice to see and get, but as for Doctors Peter and Paul would be nice as they’ve not done one in a good while now, and I really would like to get them both again, Peter Davison definitely on the third page of “light at the end” and my Series 4 because then I could have him and Tennant on the same item, along with a substantially great cast.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Plus I noticed there was never any backlash when they basically made Ace a lesbian but I suppose Lesbians are okay by homophobic standards, hypocrites, didn’t Sarah Jane Smith often preached Women’s Lib, and wasn’t Liz Shaw a scientist who could rival the Doctor?, but now it’s harder to deny, it annoys me greatly how they act towards a Sci-Fi show.

whilst I’m not an over the top woke sort of person, I just like to laugh at the hatred people give based off bigotry, and how some people will invest in fictional cultures of (presumably) fake sci fi worlds but have issues with a real culture they repeatedly make remarks against, hell I love learning about different cultures and why I say “Demons in Punjab” from series 11 was by all accounts a great episode and I think Chibnall managed to shine with that episode

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Well in a more light hearted moment I’m at 9 guests for LFCC spring what about Everyone else

Indeed, we seemed to go off on a tangent for a little while. And I agree people are just getting angry for the sake of getting angry.

So far I'm ahead of last years LFCC if you remove the ewok actors. I'm up to 6, whereas I only got 4 in total last summer 

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

Indeed, we seemed to go off on a tangent for a little while. And I agree people are just getting angry for the sake of getting angry.

So far I'm ahead of last years LFCC if you remove the ewok actors. I'm up to 6, whereas I only got 4 in total last summer 

I had a lot last summer myself, of all the Ewok actors we all wanted and they couldn’t get Warrick Davis, we would have loved him and would have been a great draw.

I think we speculated on this earlier but what has an anniversary this year, I think we said “Temple of doom”

39 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I had a lot last summer myself, of all the Ewok actors we all wanted and they couldn’t get Warrick Davis, we would have loved him and would have been a great draw.

I think we speculated on this earlier but what has an anniversary this year, I think we said “Temple of doom”

We did, and what a way to commemorate it and the long over due return to the acting profession than inviting Ke Huy Quan, which would celebrate Temple of Doom and bring people in for his role in Loki.

In regards to Warwick Davis, After his antics at another show before Christmas, where he tried adding £10 to his advertised autograph price, when this was challenged he charged vat on the advertised price instead, so an £8 increase instead. I cant see there being a rush to book him. And if it wasn't for getting the other Ewok actors at LFCC I'd have walked away 

12 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

We did, and what a way to commemorate it and the long over due return to the acting profession than inviting Ke Huy Quan, which would celebrate Temple of Doom and bring people in for his role in Loki.

In regards to Warwick Davis, After his antics at another show before Christmas, where he tried adding £10 to his advertised autograph price, when this was challenged he charged vat on the advertised price instead, so an £8 increase instead. I cant see there being a rush to book him. And if it wasn't for getting the other Ewok actors at LFCC I'd have walked away 

that is seriously bad i'd have assumed he was a decent guy if not for that

Well if anyone can think of some mainstream stuff that would be celebrating an anniversary this year, something like "Temple of doom" let me know as i'll run background checks as quick as i can, as for the aforementioned film, the three we have i'll list again:

• Philip Tan
  • Bhasker Patel
  • Billy Horrigan

I know "Alien" Turns 45 but all we have left are Sigourney weaver, Tom Skerrit and Veronica Cartwright, none of whom did doctor who, and the one did is dead... typical, and even then i believe Skerrit isn't even doing UK Cons anymore.

so far i've got two big ones i'm going to run over being "The Terminator" which also turns 40 and then "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" which turns 35 and there we may have some luck, so i'll check back if i find any luck because aside from the obvious being Julian Glover, the only other survivor i know about is Vernon Dobtcheff who we've just had but i can't see why it wouldn't be worth getting him again, a few people likely lost out given the mess that was last year.

5 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Well if anyone can think of some mainstream stuff that would be celebrating an anniversary this year, something like "Temple of doom" let me know as i'll run background checks as quick as i can, as for the aforementioned film, the three we have i'll list again:

• Philip Tan
  • Bhasker Patel
  • Billy Horrigan

I know "Alien" Turns 45 but all we have left are Sigourney weaver, Tom Skerrit and Veronica Cartwright, none of whom did doctor who, and the one did is dead... typical, and even then i believe Skerrit isn't even doing UK Cons anymore.

so far i've got two big ones i'm going to run over being "The Terminator" which also turns 40 and then "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" which turns 35 and there we may have some luck, so i'll check back if i find any luck because aside from the obvious being Julian Glover, the only other survivor i know about is Vernon Dobtcheff who we've just had but i can't see why it wouldn't be worth getting him again, a few people likely lost out given the mess that was last year.

You can also have Kevork Malikyan, fron the Last Crusade who was also in The Wheel in Space. And Julian Glovers wife Isla Blair who was in The Kings Demons

2 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

You can also have Kevork Malikyan, fron the Last Crusade who was also in The Wheel in Space. And Julian Glovers wife Isla Blair who was in The Kings Demons

I did a complete run over from the cast list excluding the dead ones which include Michael Sheard and Fredrick Yeager heres what i discovered, a lot of the cast suspiciously died in 1991 but aside from that heres what i got.

• Kevork Malikyan was in two episodes of "The Wheel in space" where he played Kemal Rudkin
  • Alexi Sayle was in "Revelation of the Daleks" where he was the DJ, and would be great as he could also attract some Young ones fans.
  • Isla Blair was in "The Kings Demons" and a number of Audios, and of course as mentioned she is the wife of Glover, didn't know it was her in the film however, plus in a commentary Glover did for Fantom he mentioned he championed for her to play his wife in "City of Death" but scheduling prevented it.
  • Vernon Dobtcheff was in "The War Games" and weve just had him but can't argue against him again, he was mickey mouse, so no Scottish lords please.

and now onto the really obscure stuff

• Martin Gordon was a Prison officer in 5 out of 6 episodes of "The Mind of Evil"
  • Graham Cole has a bunch of roles in stories "Shada", "The Leisure hive", "Full Circle", "The Keeper of Traken", "Kinda", "Earthshock", "Time-Flight", "The Five Doctors", "Resurrection of the Daleks" & "The Twin Dilemma", plus an audio credit in "The Guardian of Prophecy", and good news he was a Cyberman and Melkur so what a great duo of roles there.
  • Nick Gillard was a stunt Arranger on Episode 2 of "Silver Nemesis"
  • Paul Heasman was s Stunt Arranger on Episode 1 of "Silver Nemesis" and had a small part as one of the soldiers, along with doing Stunts on "Survival".
  • Lee Richards was a Rommana in "Destiny of the Daleks", one who put themselves out there and was a art lover in "City of Death".
  • Lee Sheward has a good number of credits as hes the Stunt Coordinator for most of series 1, did two specials "Planet of the Dead" and "The End of Time" along with some episodes of "Torchwood" working on the First episode of the series and then 3 episodes of "Miracle Day" so bad news if i bring that cover he'll cancel (Seriously that cover is jinxed).
  • Chris Webb would be a fantastic one as he has an Early Credit dating back to Hartnell with "The Ark" as a Monoid and then as a guard in "The Curse of Peledon".

so yeah from the entire cast weeding out the deceased actors, this is what we have to work with and really if they tried a reunion and got most of these ones, that would be bloody fantastic, mainly id want Graham Cole and Chris Webb, the former for his Many credits and i can get him on a Steelbook and my "Earthshock", the Later because "The Ark" is early stuff and as we've established in this Thread, the earlier the better, but the same is said for Mailkyan as he would represent "The Wheel In space" and by god thats a great one to have.

by all accounts i'm actually surprised they haven't had Isla and Julian do a LFCC together before, i've seen them together at an event and they were wonderful.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Well I’m shocked, absolutely no one who was in “The Terminator” Did Doctor who, that, that surprises me.

Filmed in LA so would have been surprised if there was a connection 

35 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I did a complete run over from the cast list excluding the dead ones which include Michael Sheard and Fredrick Yeager heres what i discovered, a lot of the cast suspiciously died in 1991 but aside from that heres what i got.

• Kevork Malikyan was in two episodes of "The Wheel in space" where he played Kemal Rudkin
  • Alexi Sayle was in "Revelation of the Daleks" where he was the DJ, and would be great as he could also attract some Young ones fans.

Baring in mind this is my favourite film, and watched it only last week. I somehow forgot about Alexi Sayle 

if anything its a great amount of names that we could tuck our teeth into for both "Temple of Doom" and "The Last Crusade" should they chose to go down this route which would be wise, two beloved films from the same series celebrating their 40th and 35th anniversary in the same year, how useful is that for fans.

We might not have gotten Yasmin Finney for a mother and granddaughter photoshoot with Jacqueline King. But we have got Karl Collins just announced with a joint photoshoot for a mother in law & son in law combo

Edited by Mfahey79

2 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

We might not have gotten Yasmin Finney for a mother and daughter photoshoot with Jacqueline King. But we have got Karl Collins just announced with a joint photoshoot for a mother in law & son in law combo

maybe Catharine Tate too?

Okay so we have just had some announcements.

firstly hailing from 1985 we have Sheila reed who first came to Doctor who screens in the only ever episode of big brother worth watching "Vengeance on Varos" where she played Etta one of the two watching the events unfold, she would later return to play Clara's nan in "Time of the Doctor" and "Dark Water", meaning either the original or Special editions of the classic story maybe even season 22 boxset, "The Time of the Doctor" indivdual release or a 50th anniversary specials set or a Series 8 set.

SheilaReidWeb.png

she is attending on the Saturday and is £25.

Next we have Karl Collins who memorably played Donna's Husband Shaun Temple in "The End of Time" and more recently in the 60th Anniversary specials meaning either a copy of "The End of Time", The Complete Specials or the 60th anniversary specials set will do your fancy.

KarlCollinsWeb.png

he is attending the Sunday and is £20 but is also offering a Duo Photo-shoot with Jacqueline king for £50