Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

31 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

This year has already been extremely good to me for my Series 4 as i'm going to get a Companion, a reoccurring character and one of the Lead Monsters all within 3 months, i call that a significant win for myself, i'm wondering if there will be an update and i can land other people from that series on the set, as by LFCC spring there will be 11 names on that set.

We are being spoilt with the offerings so far. Julian Bleach is by far and away the most unexpected announcement, and such a great announcement. Definatly the standout guest of the year for me so far.

1 hour ago, LSmith said:

i still need peter he one of the last ones i need  that be nice but lfcc spring is helping withs4/5 and the 60

We are being spoilt with the cast from these seasons, and hopefully there are more to follow. You can even add Sylvester and Colin to a Power of the Doctor box set

3 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

We are being spoilt with the offerings so far. Julian Bleach is by far and away the most unexpected announcement, and such a great announcement. Definatly the standout guest of the year for me so far.

Hell Bleach is the last TV Davros I need as I have gooderson and Molloy so I desperately want him for my series 4, hell I want them to bring back Molloy for a convention because I need him desperately on 3 items which as you can imagine is driving me crazy, for me so far it’s a chalk up between Bleach, Tate and Ford at events who I’m extremely excited for, as I’m really having to save my money for, but damn I need to pay off £425 (give or take a few quid) of debt as soon as I’m paid and assuming I’ve done the calculation correctly and the tax man hasn’t got his finger where my Proctologist should have his, I should be fine, as I’m trying to set a hard limit on one event, but I’m willing to break it by about £50 should push come to shove, I’ve £100 saved for the one thing, but I do have to pay off the photos with King, Bleach and Blackwood.

im again hoping for more classic guests and rn anyone they can net from “the Invasion” extra or otherwise I will take because that set (once my new insert arrives) is my pride and joy, and that’s beating out my Series 7 where I have the 5 main names, 1 of the reoccurring actors and a whole host of guest stars.

if the were to get a classic companion I’ve already got a few of I would like it to be Katy Manning as I need to add her to my copy of “the Dæmons” I’ve got the Late Mr Richard Franklin and I would like to get her and Levine on the set for reasons to which even Steve wonder could see, even Bonnie Langford would be great because I can add her to “the last adventure”… should probably listen to that.

8 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Hell Bleach is the last TV Davros I need as I have gooderson and Molloy so I desperately want him for my series 4, hell I want them to bring back Molloy for a convention because I need him desperately on 3 items which as you can imagine is driving me crazy, for me so far it’s a chalk up between Bleach, Tate and Ford at events who I’m extremely excited for, as I’m really having to save my money for, but damn I need to pay off £425 (give or take a few quid) of debt as soon as I’m paid and assuming I’ve done the calculation correctly and the tax man hasn’t got his finger where my Proctologist should have his, I should be fine, as I’m trying to set a hard limit on one event, but I’m willing to break it by about £50 should push come to shove, I’ve £100 saved for the one thing, but I do have to pay off the photos with King, Bleach and Blackwood.

Recurring theme this, we could get Molloy, Gooderson and Bleach and do the Spiderman Meme. With or without them in Davros's chair. I suppose after Destination Skaro though, it would be without the chair

6 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Recurring theme this, we could get Molloy, Gooderson and Bleach and do the Spiderman Meme. With or without them in Davros's chair. I suppose after Destination Skaro though, it would be without the chair

As i always say, i'm on the lookout for whatever combos i can get, it would be a hell of a giggle if they managed to get all three of them, but the logistics of having a chair for photos would outweigh any pros they could have, i mean two of these actors are in the advanced stages of life, so getting them in and out of the chair would be a nightmare given you have to climb into it.

as it stands my new insert arrived putting "The Invasion" up to 9 on my list with the names, and i've got 4 of the regulars on it meaning i finally have a complete 1960's cast line up (sans Patrick Troughton sadly) on a DVD, and i don't count "The Tomb of the Cybermen" as thats cheating given Frazer Hines is the only Survivor of that i do have the "Galaxy 4" CD signed by Peter Purves and Maureen O'Brien tho, as for Blu Ray's i think i have only 4 Steelbooks signed, those being "The Power of the Daleks" (Grahame Harper), "The Faceless ones" (Christopher Tranchell), "Fury from the Deep" (Margot Hayhoe) and "Shada" (John Leeson and Lee Sullivan) could do with more names being added there i guess.

Excellent point, space wise with them all standing and pointing would be tight enough, let alone the logistics of getting three Davros chairs in the mix, and as you say as well, age being a factor would they want to clamber in and out as well.

That is one hell of a lot of signatures for an episode from that era, I'm impressed. Does that include Brian Hodgson? as if your going after Carole Ann Ford, he will be at the same show, and did the sound effects for Invasion.

I'll be looking to get my Unearthly Child, War Games and Curse of Fenric dvd started over the next few months, and adding Brian to my Invasion dvd.

23 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Excellent point, space wise with them all standing and pointing would be tight enough, let alone the logistics of getting three Davros chairs in the mix, and as you say as well, age being a factor would they want to clamber in and out as well.

That is one hell of a lot of signatures for an episode from that era, I'm impressed. Does that include Brian Hodgson? as if your going after Carole Ann Ford, he will be at the same show, and did the sound effects for Invasion.

I'll be looking to get my Unearthly Child, War Games and Curse of Fenric dvd started over the next few months, and adding Brian to my Invasion dvd.

That doesn't not yet anyway, i'll be adding him later this month as he's on the higher priority list, my copy of "The Invasion" has:

• Frazer Hines - Jamie McCrimmon
  • Wendy Padbury - Zoe Herriot
  • Nicholas Courtney - Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
  • John Levene - Corporal John Benton
  • Sally Faulkner - Isobel Watkins
  • Peter Haliday - Packer/Cyber Voices
  • Derek Chaffer - Cyberman
  • Les Conrad - UNIT Soldier
  • Sylvia James - Make up

and my CD copy has Ian Fairbairn who was Gregory who has sadly passed away so i won't get him on anything else, but Hodgson would make 10 and would be a great addition, i think of all of those Conrad is the only one whose alive that can't be gotten anymore, and i stress again he should never return to a con, lovely man but jesus he shouldn't.

my "an Unearthly Child" has William Russell on it, and i'm adding Warris Hussein to it, but i haven't any plans for Carol Ann-Ford as i'm prioritising other items with her, one with Russell as it happens which is my copy of "The Aztecs" Special edition which also has the late Ian Cullen (Ixta) and Paul Cornell, the reason i'm doing that copy is because unless by some Miracle William Russell attends another event thats the only way i'm getting him, Ford, Purves and O'Brien on the same item.

but anything Hodgson is going on Lost in Time, "The Invasion", my steel book of "Spearhead from Space" & "The Dalek Collection" effectively some really rare sets either via how limited they are, or just because of the names attached now by March with Hines joining Lost in time assuming nothing changes that set will be at 26 names, i can only imagine what thats worth to the right collector.

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

That doesn't not yet anyway, i'll be adding him later this month as he's on the higher priority list, my copy of "The Invasion" has:

• Frazer Hines - Jamie McCrimmon
  • Wendy Padbury - Zoe Herriot
  • Nicholas Courtney - Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
  • John Levene - Corporal John Benton
  • Sally Faulkner - Isobel Watkins
  • Peter Haliday - Packer/Cyber Voices
  • Derek Chaffer - Cyberman
  • Les Conrad - UNIT Soldier
  • Sylvia James - Make up

and my CD copy has Ian Fairbairn who was Gregory who has sadly passed away so i won't get him on anything else, but Hodgson would make 10 and would be a great addition, i think of all of those Conrad is the only one whose alive that can't be gotten anymore, and i stress again he should never return to a con, lovely man but jesus he shouldn't.

my "an Unearthly Child" has William Russell on it, and i'm adding Warris Hussein to it, but i haven't any plans for Carol Ann-Ford as i'm prioritising other items with her, one with Russell as it happens which is my copy of "The Aztecs" Special edition which also has the late Ian Cullen (Ixta) and Paul Cornell, the reason i'm doing that copy is because unless by some Miracle William Russell attends another event thats the only way i'm getting him, Ford, Purves and O'Brien on the same item.

but anything Hodgson is going on Lost in Time, "The Invasion", my steel book of "Spearhead from Space" & "The Dalek Collection" effectively some really rare sets either via how limited they are, or just because of the names attached now by March with Hines joining Lost in time assuming nothing changes that set will be at 26 names, i can only imagine what thats worth to the right collector.

Nice, and I assume if you are coming to Bedford that Peter Roy will be added to this release as well.

I've only got Wendy Padbury, Sally Faulkner & Sylvie James on my Invasion so far. So will be looking to add Frazer, Peter and Brian over the next few months

I'd like to see more from the classic series invited to more Showmasters events, but I guess they look to add them to their Film Fairs over their comic cons, 

I cant see Les Conrad's family letting him do another show after the last one. or I hope not at the very least.

I have Carol in my 500 year diary with William Russell on the same page. But this will be the first dvd cover I get her on

15 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Nice, and I assume if you are coming to Bedford that Peter Roy will be added to this release as well.

I've only got Wendy Padbury, Sally Faulkner & Sylvie James on my Invasion so far. So will be looking to add Frazer, Peter and Brian over the next few months

I'd like to see more from the classic series invited to more Showmasters events, but I guess they look to add them to their Film Fairs over their comic cons, 

I cant see Les Conrad's family letting him do another show after the last one. or I hope not at the very least.

I have Carol in my 500 year diary with William Russell on the same page. But this will be the first dvd cover I get her on

I hope to do April to get Peter Roy as he’s gonna be one for a good number of items, especially as the more I get on my Lost in time the better, I’ve still got 7 and a half pages of the booklet available to get signed.

whilst it’s a me thing I also look at whose on the special features as with animation episodes I do like to make sure that they get their dues, and as many people question why I have Andrew Cartmell on “the Sea Devils” when I’m like “he did the commentary?” When I consider it a good enough reason, the older the story the more you have to prioritise them

5 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I hope to do April to get Peter Roy as he’s gonna be one for a good number of items, especially as the more I get on my Lost in time the better, I’ve still got 7 and a half pages of the booklet available to get signed.

whilst it’s a me thing I also look at whose on the special features as with animation episodes I do like to make sure that they get their dues, and as many people question why I have Andrew Cartmell on “the Sea Devils” when I’m like “he did the commentary?” When I consider it a good enough reason, the older the story the more you have to prioritise them

I'm going as it's literally 5 minutes from where I live, and as it's a charity event, even if I cant go I still buy a ticket every year. The last one I went to was 2022, and how's this for topical. Was Julian Bleach's to date only comic con.

You're the same as me, as you never know when you'll find a hidden gem hidden away in the extras

5 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I'm going as it's literally 5 minutes from where I live, and as it's a charity event, even if I cant go I still buy a ticket every year. The last one I went to was 2022, and how's this for topical. Was Julian Bleach's to date only comic con.

You're the same as me, as you never know when you'll find a hidden gem hidden away in the extras

How ironic, given how long Bleach has been in Doctor who which is over 15 years now it’s amazing that he’s only done 1 event prior, this being his first big one, im guessing he would have been particularly high in demand for events to try and grab.

I am definitely hoping for more announcements soon, even if they’re not Doctor who focused there is a good chance of some overlap

9 hours ago, D-C-A said:

How ironic, given how long Bleach has been in Doctor who which is over 15 years now it’s amazing that he’s only done 1 event prior, this being his first big one, im guessing he would have been particularly high in demand for events to try and grab.

I am definitely hoping for more announcements soon, even if they’re not Doctor who focused there is a good chance of some overlap

i hope theres some who guests and i dont  due to overlaping times

5 hours ago, LSmith said:

i hope theres some who guests and i dont  due to overlaping times

By overlap i mean theyre attending for fans of different shows but have got doctor who creidts, for example if they ever got andrew Garfield there would be a bunch of spiderman fans but some would be doctor who fans.

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

By overlap i mean theyre attending for fans of different shows but have got doctor who creidts, for example if they ever got andrew Garfield there would be a bunch of spiderman fans but some would be doctor who fans.

If they ever got Andrew Garfield, then i'd say 99% will be after him for Spider-man

3 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

If they ever got Andrew Garfield, then i'd say 99% will be after him for Spider-man

their would be a massive queue of people for his photo dressed as Spider-man, but really it would bring up the idea of controversy that newspapers like to raise, IE how a load of kids want to meet him but his prices are too high, when end of the day a lot of bigger names are taking time off work to do these events.

if anything i know Garfiled is basically top of what i call the "Unobtainable" where hes an actor who's been in who but the odds of getting him are slim to none given how big a star they are or what they're like, others include Stephen fry and Kylie Minogue given they're not likely to do events.

44 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

their would be a massive queue of people for his photo dressed as Spider-man, but really it would bring up the idea of controversy that newspapers like to raise, IE how a load of kids want to meet him but his prices are too high, when end of the day a lot of bigger names are taking time off work to do these events.

if anything i know Garfiled is basically top of what i call the "Unobtainable" where hes an actor who's been in who but the odds of getting him are slim to none given how big a star they are or what they're like, others include Stephen fry and Kylie Minogue given they're not likely to do events.

We get at least one of those stories every year, Peter Capaldi was the target the year he attended, always the same paper as well.

Andrew Garfield did do a show in the States last year so it not off the table, highly unlikely mind. I cant see Stephen Fry or Kylie considering conventions. Timothy Dalton would be high on that list as well 

Edited by Mfahey79

56 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

We get at least one of those stories every year, Peter Capaldi was the target the year he attended, always the same paper as well.

Andrew Garfield did do a show in the States last year so it not off the table, highly unlikely mind. I cant see Stephen Fry or Kylie considering conventions. Timothy Dalton would be high on that list as well 

yeah Dalton is high on the list i was hoping they'd get him last year when they announced something and was Bond but was only a bunch of Bond Girls sad to say, would like them to get him obviously because i'd most certainly bring the figure i have of him for the photo.

and yeah i noticed it with Whitaker as well when she first appeared they said her diamond pass price in the newspapers without saying that was her top package and nothing else basically implying that was the only option and you had to pay it, like i get that not everyone can afford the prices but i do get a little annoyed when people start getting angry with those who can and have paid it, I've been accused of line jumping a few times when they've been VQ and i'm diamond pass, really as unfair as it is, you shouldn't get the same treatment when you've paid for a higher option.

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

yeah Dalton is high on the list i was hoping they'd get him last year when they announced something and was Bond but was only a bunch of Bond Girls sad to say, would like them to get him obviously because i'd most certainly bring the figure i have of him for the photo.

and yeah i noticed it with Whitaker as well when she first appeared they said her diamond pass price in the newspapers without saying that was her top package and nothing else basically implying that was the only option and you had to pay it, like i get that not everyone can afford the prices but i do get a little annoyed when people start getting angry with those who can and have paid it, I've been accused of line jumping a few times when they've been VQ and i'm diamond pass, really as unfair as it is, you shouldn't get the same treatment when you've paid for a higher option.

Similar for me, when they gave notice of a big guest last year, and ran an advert for Phantom Peak half an hour before the announcement with Neil Patrick Harris. Part of me was thinking it would be him

I had a feeling it was Jodie they ran the story with as well, but I did say the papers try this every year, and as you say, they dont mention this is the top package as that would skew their story.

Although as we both know, without paying the for the Diamond, then it is highly unlikely you are going to get their autograph, and that is the point of the pass, it is a not insubstantial premium at times to 'jump the queue'. 

A few years back I had virtual ticket number 2 for Brent Spiner at a Destination Star Trek, But I knew that even that, I'd have to wait until they cleared all the premium levels that wanted his autograph. I was lucky that, when there was a semi lull, the guy manning the queue had a bit of common sense and said join the queue

On the flipside, had the likes of Peter Capaldi, Jodie Whitaker etc. had done these shows and didn't charge. I bet the press would run the story that thousands of fans were disappointed because they didn't stick around to sign for everyone

On the flipside, had the likes of Peter Capaldi, Jodie Whitaker etc. had done these shows and didn't charge. I bet the press would run the story that thousands of fans were disappointed because they didn't stick around to sign for everyone

The press would sensationalise whatever they could to get people annoyed and bring in traffic and even they’re utterly stupid, I do recall one news story because their research was likely as bad as their motives, that Millie Gibson was taking over the role of Rose, despite every announcement stating she was playing a new character, likely to play on people who haven’t watched since Tennant and think series 2 is peak Doctor who (which without getting into my very strong opinions about that, isn’t), but goes a long way of showing what they’ll do for a headline.

if anything I am hoping that we’d get a massive guest for Doctor who, they always pull off one or two a year, but given what is going to be my financial troubles prior to the 8th of March I hope not for spring, but one guest I am most certainly after is Milton Johns as I want him exceptionally for “The Enemy of the world” and Lost in time, plus he’d be great for Star Wars fans, something they always like to have, and on the flip side of things would be great to duo with Julien Glover so the extra incentive there, and on the who flip side Derek Martin would be great given he was in Eastenders for a long time, a long time UK stuntman, perfect, plus I could have him on “The Web of Fear” and Lost in Time, bloody beautiful 

So one prayer got answered and that has brought forward a plan, as i mentioned Bonnie Langford would be a nice catch given i'm going to start getting "The Last Adventure" Signed, and another event landed her, would have preferred LFCC so i could get her photo there in my LFCC album, but it does mean that i have to listen to "The Last Adventure" sooner than i planned, no bother, i've had it since 2016 bought it with B-Day money first year of college, for the longest time it was genuinely only 1 of about 7 Big Finish Items i had, bought time i listened to it, means i want Michael Jayston as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, D-C-A said:

ahhh i get it

4 hours ago, D-C-A said:

So one prayer got answered and that has brought forward a plan, as i mentioned Bonnie Langford would be a nice catch given i'm going to start getting "The Last Adventure" Signed, and another event landed her, would have preferred LFCC so i could get her photo there in my LFCC album, but it does mean that i have to listen to "The Last Adventure" sooner than i planned, no bother, i've had it since 2016 bought it with B-Day money first year of college, for the longest time it was genuinely only 1 of about 7 Big Finish Items i had, bought time i listened to it, means i want Michael Jayston as well.

bonnie would be nice need her for the 60 also Billie piper for1/2

11 hours ago, D-C-A said:

The press would sensationalise whatever they could to get people annoyed and bring in traffic and even they’re utterly stupid, I do recall one news story because their research was likely as bad as their motives, that Millie Gibson was taking over the role of Rose, despite every announcement stating she was playing a new character, likely to play on people who haven’t watched since Tennant and think series 2 is peak Doctor who (which without getting into my very strong opinions about that, isn’t), but goes a long way of showing what they’ll do for a headline

It was Yasmin not Millie, because they saw the cast list with the name Rose and jumped to conclusions.  Despite an earlier leak having her name as Rose Noble

It was Yasmin not Millie, because they saw the cast list with the name Rose and jumped to conclusions.  Despite an earlier leak having her name as Rose Noble

My bad I couldn’t quite remember which it was, but says a lot about their research or their morals that they made such a stupid headline, but the cake will always be taken about how the last Mortal Kombat movie was racist because it didn’t have Chun Li… a character from Street Fighter.

I can imagine however it will be a good few years before we’d see Yasmin appear at an event, I dunno how to explain it but it’s this feeling I have, and by all accounts she was great in the specials and I look forward to seeing her in Series 14.

that said it would be great if Showmasters did get her to duo with Jacquline King two of the Noble ladies appearing together.

also I got a shock today as I found out that someone from “invasion of the dinosaurs” isn’t dead so I’m gonna have fun in getting that signed but damn am I gonna be transporting tha cover with care, it has just suddenly gained a small bit of Value due to the recent Richard Franklin passing, I’m not saying that as a value collector but someone who treasures it, and knows some people may be looking to acquire a signed cover via means that are less than honest.