Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

It would be nice if we got him as a headliner guest then they could say within 3 years they had 5 of the new who doctors, IE 9,10,11,12,13&14, i know what i'd get him on, but it seems like given its near the end of the year we're unlikely to see any new updates on guests for a while which is a shame, as it stands they seem to be doing a lot of widespread announcements IE if a guest is doing multiple shows they make that clear or if they're only doing one but its not until later in the year, its weird isn't it

would love to see him at lfcc/lfcc winter i probably get him on more then one thing and he the doctor who hasn't attend in the longest time so i be nice to see him 

7 hours ago, D-C-A said:

It would be nice if we got him as a headliner guest then they could say within 3 years they had 5 of the new who doctors, IE 9,10,11,12,13&14, i know what i'd get him on, but it seems like given its near the end of the year we're unlikely to see any new updates on guests for a while which is a shame, as it stands they seem to be doing a lot of widespread announcements IE if a guest is doing multiple shows they make that clear or if they're only doing one but its not until later in the year, its weird isn't it

Well like you, I would have thought that agencies would be closed for the new year so no announcements would be forthcoming. But they've just announced that they have a number of 'big' guests to announce on monday. the quotes around big are mine, as a big guest for me, might not be a big guest for you or anyone else. Hopefully amongst the mix we get a few Doctor Who alumni

Edited by Mfahey79

5 hours ago, LSmith said:

would love to see him at lfcc/lfcc winter i probably get him on more then one thing and he the doctor who hasn't attend in the longest time so i be nice to see him 

He's a busy man, which is a good thing I know. Doesnt help our chances of meeting him mind, but I can see him doing either spring or winter where it will be more relaxed if he does one. He still has a lot of affection for the show and fans

3 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

He's a busy man, which is a good thing I know. Doesnt help our chances of meeting him mind, but I can see him doing either spring or winter where it will be more relaxed if he does one. He still has a lot of affection for the show and fans

yea can see him attending  one as well as a  guest i would do a Dimond pass for

3 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Well like you, I would have thought that agencies would be closed for the new year so no announcements would be forthcoming. But they've just announced that they have a number of 'big' guests to announce on monday. the quotes around big are mine, as a big guest for me, might not be a big guest for you or anyone else. Hopefully amongst the mix we get a few Doctor Who alumni

hes not big but john sim would be nice as he was meant to be at collectomania then it got cancelled this year

15 hours ago, LSmith said:

yea can see him attending  one as well as a  guest i would do a Dimond pass for

It would be the only way to stand a chance of getting his autograph as he barely made it through them the last time. But part of that would be down to how many photoshoots they had him doing, if I recall, he had 2 or three different combination shoots as well as two of his own

Getting Capaldi would be a massive score for fans, but a diamond pass would be necessary to obtain any chance, especially given his track records as stated, im hoping for a bunch of smaller guests as well so I can pad out some older stories, hell even Katy Manning would be great as I found out she’s on the Blu Ray of “Spearhead from space” so I can at least get ONE sizeable name on my steelbook 

15 hours ago, LSmith said:

hes not big but john sim would be nice as he was meant to be at collectomania then it got cancelled this year

Would be nice if they could get Sacha Dhawan back as well. And if they could get Michelle Gomez we could try and get them to do the 3 Spidermen pointing meme. It would be asking a bit too much for Derek Jacobi to return so soon I guess to complete the modern masters

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Getting Capaldi would be a massive score for fans, but a diamond pass would be necessary to obtain any chance, especially given his track records as stated, im hoping for a bunch of smaller guests as well so I can pad out some older stories, hell even Katy Manning would be great as I found out she’s on the Blu Ray of “Spearhead from space” so I can at least get ONE sizeable name on my steelbook 

yea some older cast would be great too

3 hours ago, LSmith said:

the point would be amazing 

I'd want autographs on a print of them doing that, the same as I'd be wanting A Print of David Tennant doing it. The temptation would be to get David to sign it three times, but I think once would be more than enough, but hopefully I'd be able to sign each regeneration number/name

1 hour ago, LSmith said:

yea some older cast would be great too

I would love for them to get as many old cybermen as possible, they managed to unearth someone new for one of the Film Fairs last year

We've had Maureen O'Brien, Peter Purves and Frazer Hines in recent years. So would be nice if they could get Wendy Padbury and Louise Jameson.

But to be honest, I'd love for anyone from the 60's or 70's eras of the show to be given some love and be invited

And I've said it before, but I'd love them to get Alexander Armstrong and Bradley Walsh, and to be really mischievous I'd position them next to each other 

we can only speculate at current as usually i always hope for a big modern guests IE a regular either Doctor, Companion, Master or Significant player, one from the classic Series of the Same Caliber of category, and then whatever small guests they can land as whilst some the excess amount of storm-troopers they get can be a bit filling out the spaces they have a healthy career in work that spans nearly 30 years and have a wide variety of credits to boot, and whilst some arent recognised for Doctor who we've had a few such as Paul Kirby, Mike Stevens, Les Conrad and Ian Durrant, who with the sad oft mentioned exception of Mr Conrad, they have  been some of the most wonderful guests i ever got to meet, Durrant felt guilty because he said he wasn't sure if anything he filmed ended up on screen, but i still insisted that he sign as he was still involved, and as i've often spoke fondly of Mike Stevens again he searched for a specific cover and i love that, he was so prideful of a role that you didn't get to see his face in.

in acquiring news i have a big one to announce btw, managed to find someone selling a Insert for "The Invasion" signed by Nicholas Courtney AND Peter Haliday two of the biggest players for that particular story, and all for less than £25 which in my opinion is great as i now have 4/5 of the main cast of that story (Hines, Padbury, Courtney and Levine), two of the big players (Faulkner and Haliday), a cyberman (Derek Chaffer) the make up artist (Sylvia James) and the voice actor of the Cybermen (Haliday again... they got their moneys worth with him).

also again i mention Mr Les Conrad as a tragic example of a man wanting to do what he is no longer able, he wanted to be their with his family, his wife and sons were signing, and he wanted to be there, it is just sad that he was not mentally all there, and i wish even tho he is now on 3 great dvds that he hadn't attended for his own health.

2 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I would love for them to get as many old cybermen as possible, they managed to unearth someone new for one of the Film Fairs last year

We've had Maureen O'Brien, Peter Purves and Frazer Hines in recent years. So would be nice if they could get Wendy Padbury and Louise Jameson.

But to be honest, I'd love for anyone from the 60's or 70's eras of the show to be given some love and be invited

And I've said it before, but I'd love them to get Alexander Armstrong and Bradley Walsh, and to be really mischievous I'd position them next to each other 

I know Gregg Palmer (Cyberman - The Tenth planet, and German Soldier - The War Games) is still active as he did an event last year at the same time as LFCC Winter as it happens, of course Levine counts for "The Moonbase" as a cyberman, aside from them the only other one i know about is Chafer as i just mentioned and i'm not sure he's got it left in him for much longer if i'm being honest, no disrespect to him but i'd rather he quit before it gets too much for him, and thats coming from me and their are another 2 DVDs i want him on, one of significant importance for collecting purposes "The Ambassadors of death" (Which as i've mentioned is top priority for the lack of surviving cast) and "Death to the Daleks".

60's and 70's wise i could do with a return appearance from Peter Purves and Maureen O'Brien, and i still wanna meet Louise Jameson, but 80's wise defiently need Janet Fielding to return and i wanna meet Nicola Bryant, those ones most certainly to get on "Light at the End"

38 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I know Gregg Palmer (Cyberman - The Tenth planet, and German Soldier - The War Games) is still active as he did an event last year at the same time as LFCC Winter as it happens, of course Levine counts for "The Moonbase" as a cyberman, aside from them the only other one i know about is Chafer as i just mentioned and i'm not sure he's got it left in him for much longer if i'm being honest, no disrespect to him but i'd rather he quit before it gets too much for him, and thats coming from me and their are another 2 DVDs i want him on, one of significant importance for collecting purposes "The Ambassadors of death" (Which as i've mentioned is top priority for the lack of surviving cast) and "Death to the Daleks".

60's and 70's wise i could do with a return appearance from Peter Purves and Maureen O'Brien, and i still wanna meet Louise Jameson, but 80's wise defiently need Janet Fielding to return and i wanna meet Nicola Bryant, those ones most certainly to get on "Light at the End"

Indeed, Gregg was also supposed to do an event a couple of months ago, but at last minute couldnt make it, hopefully he is ok. I managed to add Melville Jones to my poster.  The irony being that John Levine was the first to sign my first Cyberman poster, not being known for playing a cyberman>

I managed to add Derek Chafer when he last did LFCC in 2019, hopefully, like Gregg he is ok.

I want to be proved wrong, but I think Melville, John, Gregg, Derek, and Michael Kilgariff are the only surviving Cybermen from the 60's and 70's. 

I will add to the list, Michael Kilgarriff, as to those that for their own health and well being need to stop doing signings, as last time I met him, he saw really struggling. this was in 2019 mind

With Anneke Wills and Jean Marsh 99% off the table. If i can get India Fisher then my Light at the End will be considered done, as I dont know how possible it would be to get the Big Finish at a signing

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

we can only speculate at current as usually i always hope for a big modern guests IE a regular either Doctor, Companion, Master or Significant player, one from the classic Series of the Same Caliber of category, and then whatever small guests they can land as whilst some the excess amount of storm-troopers they get can be a bit filling out the spaces they have a healthy career in work that spans nearly 30 years and have a wide variety of credits to boot, and whilst some arent recognised for Doctor who we've had a few such as Paul Kirby, Mike Stevens, Les Conrad and Ian Durrant, who with the sad oft mentioned exception of Mr Conrad, they have  been some of the most wonderful guests i ever got to meet, Durrant felt guilty because he said he wasn't sure if anything he filmed ended up on screen, but i still insisted that he sign as he was still involved, and as i've often spoke fondly of Mike Stevens again he searched for a specific cover and i love that, he was so prideful of a role that you didn't get to see his face in.

in acquiring news i have a big one to announce btw, managed to find someone selling a Insert for "The Invasion" signed by Nicholas Courtney AND Peter Haliday two of the biggest players for that particular story, and all for less than £25 which in my opinion is great as i now have 4/5 of the main cast of that story (Hines, Padbury, Courtney and Levine), two of the big players (Faulkner and Haliday), a cyberman (Derek Chaffer) the make up artist (Sylvia James) and the voice actor of the Cybermen (Haliday again... they got their moneys worth with him).

also again i mention Mr Les Conrad as a tragic example of a man wanting to do what he is no longer able, he wanted to be their with his family, his wife and sons were signing, and he wanted to be there, it is just sad that he was not mentally all there, and i wish even tho he is now on 3 great dvds that he hadn't attended for his own health.

But it is fun to speculate, and much like you, I'm more than happy with whatever Doctor Who guest they are able to get. Yes there are some we'd like more than others, but still we both can find an angle or project that we can get something signed, however obscure. 

I also don't get when people get snippy when they unearth another stormtrooper, if they weren't popular, then they wouldn't be invited, no one is forcing people to get their autograph, 

Now that is a find, not just one, but the two together and what a price

In the same way the family should have protected Les. I had Barbara Shelley (rip) on my list of people to meet in 2019, but I was in a queue for someone else, and You could see she was really struggling with even the basics. I just couldnt justify getting her autograph seeing this

15 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Indeed, Gregg was also supposed to do an event a couple of months ago, but at last minute couldnt make it, hopefully he is ok. I managed to add Melville Jones to my poster.  The irony being that John Levine was the first to sign my first Cyberman poster, not being known for playing a cyberman>

I managed to add Derek Chafer when he last did LFCC in 2019, hopefully, like Gregg he is ok.

I want to be proved wrong, but I think Melville, John, Gregg, Derek, and Michael Kilgariff are the only surviving Cybermen from the 60's and 70's. 

I will add to the list, Michael Kilgarriff, as to those that for their own health and well being need to stop doing signings, as last time I met him, he saw really struggling. this was in 2019 mind

With Anneke Wills and Jean Marsh 99% off the table. If i can get India Fisher then my Light at the End will be considered done, as I dont know how possible it would be to get the Big Finish at a signing

I know Christopher Robbie is still around he seemed in reasonably good health when i met him September, had a photo with 4 cyber actors which was nice, "Reunion of the cybermen" the label says in my photo album, i think Steve Ismay is around he was active during that time period but was only a cyberman during "Earthshock", would like him he's flagged up a lot, i thought Derek Martin might have been a cyberman as he and John Levene came up together as actors, but they had different career paths so whilst one was a stunt actor, the other an actual actor, its a shame how none of these guys are still about.

3 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I know Christopher Robbie is still around he seemed in reasonably good health when i met him September, had a photo with 4 cyber actors which was nice, "Reunion of the cybermen" the label says in my photo album, i think Steve Ismay is around he was active during that time period but was only a cyberman during "Earthshock", would like him he's flagged up a lot, i thought Derek Martin might have been a cyberman as he and John Levene came up together as actors, but they had different career paths so whilst one was a stunt actor, the other an actual actor, its a shame how none of these guys are still about.

I forgot about Christopher truth be told. But Steve I should have included, as whilst he was a cyberman in earthshock, he was in many episodes in the 70's

Just now, Mfahey79 said:

I forgot about Christopher truth be told. But Steve I should have included, as whilst he was a cyberman in earthshock, he was in many episodes in the 70's

There was a long standing rumour he was meant to have been a cyberman in "Shada" but that was debunked by him and a few sources, plus it would have been broadcast in 1980 so wouldn't have counted.

he was meant to be at a signing in april but pulled out, i have a signature of his on my copy of "The Time Warrior" along with Dick Mills and Donald Pelmear (Good luck finding him again), i wanted him on my copy of "Invasion of the Dinosaurs" as well as most of whose left from that story are the UNIT lot and James Marcus, which depresses me because i know THAT STUPID WOMAN, Carmen Silvera passed many years ago, in fact all i have on that DVD are Soldiers, John Levene, Richard Franklin & Mike Stevens.

Actually speaking of Franklin i noticed Fantom on ebay pulled all the sales of his signed covers and booklets likely to put them back up later to either inflate costs themselves (Probably not too significantly, they do have a decent track record) or to stop scalpers buying them up cheap and then trying to inflate the prices to where you'd be paying £50 a booklet.

so glad i have two signatures with him already, just want to get a "The Green Death" standard edition booklet with his name on it

22 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

There was a long standing rumour he was meant to have been a cyberman in "Shada" but that was debunked by him and a few sources, plus it would have been broadcast in 1980 so wouldn't have counted.

he was meant to be at a signing in april but pulled out, i have a signature of his on my copy of "The Time Warrior" along with Dick Mills and Donald Pelmear (Good luck finding him again), i wanted him on my copy of "Invasion of the Dinosaurs" as well as most of whose left from that story are the UNIT lot and James Marcus, which depresses me because i know THAT STUPID WOMAN, Carmen Silvera passed many years ago, in fact all i have on that DVD are Soldiers, John Levene, Richard Franklin & Mike Stevens.

Not many people will get that joke, but you are looking at an Allo Allo fan, I find it surprising that despite bouncing around several bbc shows in the 70's Gordon Kaye, never made it onto Doctor Who

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

Not many people will get that joke, but you are looking at an Allo Allo fan, I find it surprising that despite bouncing around several bbc shows in the 70's Gordon Kaye, never made it onto Doctor Who

Nor his twin brother rene, both Nancy boys i believe, on the note of Allo Allo would love Guy Siner to appear, you'd cover Doctor who, Allo Allo and horror Fans with Leprechaun and even star trek fans as he was in Enterprise

26 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Actually speaking of Franklin i noticed Fantom on ebay pulled all the sales of his signed covers and booklets likely to put them back up later to either inflate costs themselves (Probably not too significantly, they do have a decent track record) or to stop scalpers buying them up cheap and then trying to inflate the prices to where you'd be paying £50 a booklet.

so glad i have two signatures with him already, just want to get a "The Green Death" standard edition booklet with his name on it

I would hope its a sign of respect, to stop people thinking they are profiting from his death, and to prevent others from doing the same

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

I would hope its a sign of respect, to stop people thinking they are profiting from his death, and to prevent others from doing the same

Saw someone try it on facebook on boxing day i think, needless to say that went down as well as Jaws on Dolly... nasty image that one.