Couple of Newbie Questions. Thanks

Newbie5556

1. If I buy a saturday ticket, how can I get the photo shoots near same time or how much time do I allow etc, to get to another?  Do you get a slot that you have to stick to, and what if it clashes as I am looking to do two photoshoots?
  2. Also when you get a photoshoot time, is there much of a wait then? as I have two young daughters I am taking too.
  3. with the early bird ticket, do you have to get there at 9am, or could you get there at 10am for example and still walk straight in, as I hear the queues are horrendous at 11am on a standard ticket as I am coming from about 3 hours away and making it for 9 is gonna be tough?

Hello,

you posted in General Chat and didn't mention which event you are asking about. We have event dedicated forum sections. If you let me know which event you are asking about I will be happy to move your topic.

As the general questions: There will be a timetable for the photosessions. The tickets are called in batches, but you can go any time after your batch has been called. As long as you are there before the end of the session it is not a problem. 

If you arrive after 9 AM with an Early Entry you should be able to go straight in, yes. There may still be a few people waiting, so if there's a small line please join the end of that.

How old are your daughters? They do not have photosession tickets for the sessions you are planning to do?

• Like 1

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

Hello,

you posted in General Chat and didn't mention which event you are asking about. We have event dedicated forum sections. If you let me know which event you are asking about I will be happy to move your topic.

As the general questions: There will be a timetable for the photosessions. The tickets are called in batches, but you can go any time after your batch has been called. As long as you are there before the end of the session it is not a problem. 

If you arrive after 9 AM with an Early Entry you should be able to go straight in, yes. There may still be a few people waiting, so if there's a small line please join the end of that.

How old are your daughters? They do not have photosession tickets for the sessions you are planning to do?

Hi, Sorry Birmingham in June.

They are 12 and 13, so will just be with me, but not to have a photo! just didn't want to leave them too long on their own!

2 the wait from joining the shoot queue to getting out is probably about 20 minutes or so.  As Queen says do your children have tickets as they can't be in the photo with out one.  if they are young they will obviously be able to stay in the queue with you if you don't have anyone else they can wait outside with but will have to wait to the side during the very brief moment you are having your picture taken.

You do not have to enter at 9am no, however if you do arrive after that on an early bird go straight to the front door and tell them you have the EB and they will scan and let you in, do not join the general entry queue thinking it's still the EB's going in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

2 the wait from joining the shoot queue to getting out is probably about 20 minutes or so.  As Queen says do your children have tickets as they can't be in the photo with out one.  if they are young they will obviously be able to stay in the queue with you if you don't have anyone else they can wait outside with but will have to wait to the side during the very brief moment you are having your picture taken.

You do not have to enter at 9am no, however if you do arrive after that on an early bird go straight to the front door and tell them you have the EB and they will scan and let you in, do not join the general entry queue thinking it's still the EB's going in.

Cool, thats what I meant! 

Nah not looking for kids to be in pics, or I would buy one... they don't even know who Chris Lambert is lol

Just speak to the crew when you go to queue, as they are 12 &13 they may be asked to wait outside the booth but once you reach that point you will probably only be a few minutes.  They can wait outside of the queue area and you will still be able to see them, but ideally speak to the crew and they may allow them to go in and stand by the bag table for you as they are still young.

• Like 1

Cool, thats what I meant! 

Nah not looking for kids to be in pics, or I would buy one... they don't even know who Chris Lambert is lol

My only other question would be I wish to see Christopher Lambert and Charles Dance, I didn't want to end up there all day i.e. one shoot at 9am and one at 5PM, so is there a simple way to avoid this?  Thanks

No, I'm afraid not.  We won't know when the shoots are until the schedule is published and it is entirely possible they will be at opposite ends of the day.  If that's the case you will need to be there for the whole day, but you can leave (Get your hand stamped) the venue, go do something else and come back in time for the later shoot, but at the same time it's entirely possible they may both be in the morning, or the afternoon.

OK, thanks again...

So just one more... when will the schedule be posted as looking to buy photo shoots beforehand?  this way I guess I could pick or see if I can work around it and can you actually choose a time or are you allocated any random time?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Newbie5556 said:

OK, thanks again...

So just one more... when will the schedule be posted as looking to buy photo shoots beforehand?  this way I guess I could pick or see if I can work around it and can you actually choose a time or are you allocated any random time?

Thanks

Roughly a week or so before the event, Newbie. :smile:

25 minutes ago, Newbie5556 said:

OK, thanks again...

Thanks

You can't choose a time.  The photo shoots are done in batches to control the amount of people queuing at any one time, when you buy a ticket you have to select which batch you want and this batch will be listed on the ticket.  The order of entry to the shoots are Diamond pass holders first (if it's a diamond guest) Then Gold passes with any batch, then standard/early entry ticket holders Batch 1, batch 2 and so on.  So when you see the schedule you work out/ask advice in when your ticket will be seen.  There's about 100 people in a batch (usually).

Currently Charles Dance is on batch 5 and Christopher Lambert Batch 3.  That means if you had those batches you can't join the queue before those batches are called, and will be towards the end of the sessions as it's not long until the event now so most people will have bought theirs already.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1