I've heard some LFCC guest rumours today. . .

I have to admit that I was taken aback and totally baffled by both Marina and Armin only charging £5 for a personal item. Also you have to give Robert Beltran applause for only charging £10 for a signed photo.

All power to them for caring about their fans.

I think Marina may have already been in the UK, so her expenses would've been less.

It will be interesting to see what her charging policy is at C6. I bet she'll be £20 for a signature on anything. I doubt she'll be allowed to make it look as if Spiner and Dorn are overly expensive. After all, they're were all main cast with equal status.

Respect

Admiral Bear

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see what her charging policy is at C6. I bet she'll be £20 for a signature on anything. I doubt she'll be allowed to make it look as if Spiner and Dorn are overly expensive. After all, they're were all main cast with equal status.

Though as you said before, it won't actually be Marina's policy, but that of SM.

I wish SM would take a leaf out of Expo and arrange similar official photo shoots.. I am sure that Michael Dorn will unlikely allow photos, and would happily pay a small fee to get a pic taken with both Michael and Brent.

OOHHH Bugger, I wanted to go to C6 and give LFCC a miss, and now this happens.....

Will have to see what happens, I would pay £45 for a MH auto, but it would be better if Harrison Ford would come too, (No chance). I would KILL for theirs and Carrie Fishers auto's... :D

Pippin, I've got eye trouble lately. Keep up that huge font size! :P

I can read your post without straining.

Respect

Admiral Bear

THATS WHY I DO IT MATE, COS MY EYE SIGHT IS CRAP. THIS WAY IF I WANT TO SEE WHAT HAS BEEN PUT SINCE MY LAST REPLY, I JUST LOOK FOR BIG PURPLE WRITING AND READ ON FROM THERE. lol.

Glad to be of service, everyone else thinks it is scary :D

QUOTE (dragonmate1 @ May 16 2004, 07:47 PM)

I wish SM would take a leaf out of Expo 

*Cringe* Oooh I hope not! Lol! *shudder*

That's not fair.. talk about editing rights..

I said this in the context of just one thing.......

I wish SM would take a leaf out of Expo and arrange similar official photo shoots.. I am sure that Michael Dorn will unlikely allow photos, and would happily pay a small fee to get a pic taken with both Michael and Brent.

QUOTE (dragonmate1 @ May 16 2004, 07:47 PM)

I wish SM would take a leaf out of Expo 

*Cringe* Oooh I hope not! Lol! *shudder*

That's not fair.. talk about editing rights..

I said this in the context of just one thing.......

Lol! I know you meant it like that! I was only joking :unsure:

• Moderators

I actually really like official photos being done with the guests, as I had with Buffy guests at a Buffy con ... I didn't want their autos and I was a lot happier paying to get the pics done. I know at a "convention" things are scheduled a bit more so this can happen - whilst at places like Collectormania and Expo, things are pretty much straight signings all day other than talks after (or randomly during at Expo) ... so I'm not sure if it would be hard to organise ... like, where they'd do it and when etc ... but I do actually prefer pictures with the guests than getting their autos, and I think some other people prefer that too.

they could do photos I think at MK, you know where the crew room thing was at c5?! well there was loads of room down that isle! :lol: just need boards like they made the crew room from and I dunno a curtain or backdrop thing and the the queue would be out of the way (facing other direction maybe?) it would only need to be for an hour or so and have tickets like virual queues and charge like £5/£10 for professional pics and maybe have cool pocket things like you get off rides at theme parks n stuff?! (ok maybe I'm going too far now :D!!) anyways I'd def pay that to be in a pic like with ST peeps (I know only f they want to do it n everything) but I think something to look into for future events :rolleyes:

surfy sah xx

In the end an autograph is worth how much you are willing to pay for it, some people think paying anything at all is stupid and others will pay stupid prices for an autograph from a dealer. I know dealers sell Mark Hamill autographs for quite abit more than £45 and people will still buy it so I dont think its unfar to charge £45 to get an autograph in person as long as its personalised and you get to have a posed photo, not just rushed through.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

In the end an autograph is worth how much you are willing to pay for it, some people think paying anything at all is stupid and others will pay stupid prices for an autograph from a dealer. I know dealers sell Mark Hamill autographs for quite abit more than £45 and people will still buy it so I dont think its unfar to charge £45 to get an autograph in person as long as its personalised and you get to have a posed photo, not just rushed through.

I agree completely Andy If there gonna charge £45 they must allow posed photos, none of this just rushed through stuff!

Only die hard Star Wars fans are going to pay that, I would ,how many times do you get to meet Luke Skywalker??

:D

• Showmasters Admin

Over this past week or so there seems to have been a persistent rumour that we have Mark Hamill attending one of our shows at the end of this year. Normally we don't comment on this sort of thing, but this rumour was attributed to someone that is seemingly close to us and so we felt that we should put the record straight.

I want to say, clearly, that WE DO NOT HAVE MARK HAMILL coming to any of our events!

This does not mean that we won't approach him at some time in the future, but at the moment we have not approached him, let alone have him coming to one of our shows!

I hope that clears things up on this subject!

Mark