Amanda Tapping

spongey

You really don't know what you are missing. The show has just been renewed for a Season 8, and it's overtaken Star Trek has the best scifi show.

And Amanda is just awesome. She's such a talented actress and so down to earth and very loyal to her fans as they are to her. I can say that I am extremely honoured to be a fan of hers.

Hugs

Piglet

xox

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really don't know what you are missing. The show has just been renewed for a Season 8, and it's overtaken Star Trek has the best scifi show.

And Amanda is just awesome. She's such a talented actress and so down to earth and very loyal to her fans as they are to her. I can say that I am extremely honoured to be a fan of hers.

Hugs

Piglet

xox

If she was an awesome actress, she would have found work in films after 8 years on a TV show, wouldnt she?

maybe because she likes the job that she is doing and does not want to change it.

You really should watch some more tv

Whats the point of watching TV with amateurs trying to act, when I can watch a film with fully trained professionals?

I do watch TV anyway. Simpsons, Family Guy, Band Of Brothers, Boomtown- anyone from them would be great

Need i say any more the tv you watch. Simpsons & Family Guy they are animated and are a poor excuse for tv programs.

Amanda Tapping is a great actress and people could not act then they would not be on the tv.

Need i say any more the tv you watch. Simpsons & Family Guy they are animated and are a poor excuse for tv programs.

Amanda Tapping is a great actress and people could not act then they would not be on the tv.

You talk to me about TV programmes. You have some **** poor taste! You must be the first person I have ever come across who dislikes those shows- whats wrong you dont understand the jokes?

Thomas - everyone is entitled to their opinion and has favourite films/tv programmes that they watch.

This thread was started because Stargate SG1 is one of our favourite shows and Amanda is one of our favourite actresses.

She is, in MY OPINION, one of the most genuine actresses I've met to date and she WOULD make a superb guest. As I said earlier, anyone meeting her who doesn't watch the show would be very quickly converted!

ThomasD, maybe you should go off and start your own thread for people YOU would like to see at C4 instead of just trying to ruffle feathers in here :) I would add my support for a Simpsons guest. I don't watch the other shows so can't comment.

*and now back to your regularly scheduled begging*

Amanda for C4 or C5 please???!! :D

Few factlets for you...

She did star in The Void. Not a great film, but some well-respected actors in that.

In the first season I heard she was asked to read for a Bruce Willis film, but she turned it down as she was commited to Stargate.

Last year she won the Leo award for best actress. The Leo's are the Canadian industry awards. They are significant as Canada has a large film and TV industry and they are not SF awards. It's extremely significant when an actress in an SF show wins when she's competing with actresses in none SF/Fantasy shows. (Think of the Emmies... SF shows ONLY win technical/SFX type awards...)

She's also one of the funiest people you could meet.

And due to appear at a convention which probably means she can't appear at the next collectormania... but maybe another time.

I watched Stargate SG-1 for the first time a few days ago, and now i'm absolutely hooked! It's a totally brilliant show and getting Amanda or indeed any of the others for C4 would be incredible! Sam is probably my favourite character so far. It's one of those shows that i wish i had watched from the beginning rather than falling in to it like this, but what i really like is that i've only seen about 3 episodes and it makes ok sense already, i'm not totally confused because i haven't seen it from the beginning.. if you get what i mean.

So..yeah! Amanda would be fantastic!!!

I can't believe people call a programme before actually WATCHING it!!

Sidg-Woohoo!! Glad you watched it and liked it!!

I'm TOTALLY not the kind of person who watch, sci-fi programmes.....maybe i'm putting that on the wrong board ;-p......but i started watching stargate like 3 years ago and i'm HOOKED!! People who don't watch it are sooo missing it out. And Thomasd--i wasn't that keen on the movie either....i saw the series then watched the series so i'm kinda biased to the series!!

It's not the same without Sam!! Amanda is sooo excellent!!

She's such an amazing talented actress but on top of that she is one of the nicest people you can ever meet, and she is not at all false.

And Rowan-OMG where did you hear she was asked to read for a Bruce Willis movie?

ohh.....the less said about the void the better.....good cast but crap movie.

Wow that's my essay finished!

xox