Man with the Plan!

Hi guys

Trying to save some money can't see everyone Id like to Via (Diamond Pass) so going to pre order Dolph Lundgren and Diamond Pass Mads Mickelson, However I was wondering would you advise sending in your signed items to get more signatures in pre order or not?

Simon

It depends on how many people you want to meet, who they are, and how long you are able to go to the con. If it's just Dolph and Mads you want to meet and you're going all four days I'd say you'd be fine. If you want to meet every single guest and are only going for a couple of hours on the Saturday, I'd say you're not. Your title of 'Man with the plan' is apt as it really is all about planning. Personally I've not missed a guest I planned on meeting as I knew exactly what I was going to do and when on each day with almost military precision! However I've used a Gold pass for the last few years but I know there are plenty of people on here who manage a lot without one. I've not, and never plan to, use the pre order service for a con I'm attending.

Edited by Wrong Name

I've opted to do 1 send in for Mads as I'm only there 1 day and want to make sure I get it. I'll try for him on the day and hopefully I'll get through to get maybe 1 more thing signed but at least I know if I don't get through my primary item is taken care of.

I'm only going for a couple of people really so hopefully should be fine on the other guests.

Well I'm wanting Rutger Hauer, Dolph, Mads, Ron Perlman thats it.

I got Hellboy already signed up by John Hurt and Del toro so not sure i I should send in pre order don't want to lose it?

I have heard of a lot of people who have used the pre order service and sent in their own items and have had not lost anything. Send it registered or signed for post and you should be fine. How long are you going to the con for? If it's just 1 day and you get there at stupid o'clock in the morning to queue and get vq tickets, then I'd say you have a chance of doing all four, especially if you have a diamond pass for Mads. Although these will be four very popular guests so there's not guarantee.

Edited by Wrong Name

Right thats it then Ron, Dolph, Rutger Hauer Preorder and Mads Diamond then and might by a talk or two.

Diamond and whats ticket is it a gold one?

The gold pass is an entry ticket that allows the user to join any guest auto queue (apart from Diamond guests) without needing a vq ticket. You also get to go before standard entry ticket holders in all photoshoots (but behind the diamond pass holders). There are many other perks with the gold pass as well such as being let in early, a couple of free £10 autos and photoshoots, entry to many of the paid talks (unless stated), a goodie bag and a chill out room where you can sit down and a few snacks are provided. If you're meeting a lot of guests it's very useful, but seeing as every guest you want to meet is a Diamond guest, I don't think it would be to you.

As I say though, I would not use the preorder service for a con I was attending as the auto means so much more to me knowing that I met the guest and that I was there when they signed it. It's completely up to you though.

It's just about saving money, I would love to meet in person chance's of me queuing up getting number ridiculous 10000! and not getting them.

I'm not sure which is more important to you as you are saying you want to save money but at the same time make sure you get them? The only way to save money with events like these is to not buy the things in the first place ;)

The pre order service does cost more. It's auto price + £5 per item undedicated. Dedicated is an additional £5, plus you have to pay postage on top of that as well. Make sure you look around the Pre Order website to familiarise yourself with the costs involved.

Wrong Name has asked a couple of times what days you are going and you haven't answered so it makes it a bit hard to advise you on the best option. No one can say for sure how likely it is you will get through but as Wrong Name said if they are the only ones you want and you are there for the entire event you stand a reasonable chance as you can keep trying. The only guarantees though are with a Diamond pass.

Edited by Raylenth

Go for the Large photo option as that best matches your item.

Just an FYI if you are buying the diamond pass for Mads, when you check out it will ask you to select your photo day, so that is ok, and whilst you have to wait for your diamond pass batch to be called before you go through the auto's, the talk for Mads that the Diamond pass holders get included in the ticket is being held on Sunday.

Go for the Large photo option as that best matches your item.

Just an FYI if you are buying the diamond pass for Mads, when you check out it will ask you to select your photo day, so that is ok, and whilst you have to wait for your diamond pass batch to be called before you go through the auto's, the talk for Mads that the Diamond pass holders get included in the ticket is being held on Sunday.

Looks like Sunday it is then!

Just to ask a silly question to Simon Pegg what time are you planning on getting to the Event ?

If your there early enough I don't see why you couldn't see all the guests you want to cause don't forget once you have your VQ ticket your technically in a " Queue " and there for if you have a lowish number you should be fine even if its later on in the day. Other wise for those of us with out Diamond passes or rather those who point blankly refuse to pay the extra for one cause the auto is costing us enough already ( and no that's not a dig at SM ) wouldn't have a chance of seeing the guest and there for 1 there would be no point in handing out VQ tickets to us mere mortals and 2 SM would lose sales which is something that obviously they wouldn't do ! Hence why so many are handed out. The more people who see a guest the more money they make simple economics really.

And that's the reason why I don't see any of the " bigger " guests any more

Hi, Well basically I don't like waiting around anymore I stopped doing this some years back but it was only by chance looking on the website last year seeing Sigourney Weaver was going to be in attendance, Who I tried eight times in the past to get her signature that I decided to grab a Diamond Pass which was my treat out of my redundancy. However after meeting her and Carrie Henn I waited hours to see Bill Paxton so its more of a conveinace thing for me.