Autographs packages

All available packages and single autograph purchases will be listed on the relevant website. Those listed for purchase will be the only ones available.

I hope this helps

Regards

CHAPPiE

There's no package that covers all autographs only, sorry.

The closest to what you are looking for is the VIP ticket and that is covering a lot of extra things besides autographs, so of course it does come with a certain price tag.

Ok why not make it so package holders can pay for autographs they want before convention.

Mainly because what do you do if that purchase can't be fulfilled? The talks and photo shoots are relatively easy to manage - they know how long they have scheduled for a talk and how many seats they need, and as they have the photo shoots down to a science, they know how long it take to process each person through and know how long to factor in for each shoot allowing a bit of extra time for re shoots/slower attendees ect. What that means is it's fairly regimented and barring something really unforeseen the attendee gets what they paid for.

The auto's are another thing entirely as you can't regulate the speed at which the guest signs - some are very quick but some aren't. If you sell 1000 auto tickets to a guest who only gets through 200 in a day there would be a massive uproar. Or do you take that into account and only sell a couple of hundred for each guest? Then people would be complaining even more saying 'what is the point coming'

There are probably other reasons as well but that is always the main one that comes to mind.

Unfortunately they can't cater to the desires of everyone, they have to go for a system that works best for the most people.

Edited by Raylenth

Ok why not make it so package holders can pay for autographs they want before convention.

The auto's are another thing entirely as you can't regulate the speed at which the guest signs - some are very quick but some aren't. If you sell 1000 auto tickets to a guest who only gets through 200 in a day there would be a massive uproar. Or do you take that into account and only sell a couple of hundred for each guest? Then people would be complaining even more saying 'what is the point coming'

I've been to several official events where you can buy in advance, they just cap it at a low level, then those on the day take their chance there will be time or tickets left over - really it takes a lot of the hassle out of it. And considering its mainly been in foreign currency on those occasions - I've been able to spend hundreds of pounds more than I would have having just paid for everything on the day, knowing I've less to worry about before I've even boarded the plane.

'what is the point coming' if you aren't near the front of the queue to buy on the day? They'll still only get through the same numbers.

I've made holidays out of it (hello Orlando!) but I could potentially spend £1000 and weeks of my life to then find out I've missed out on an auto because I arrived 30 minutes too late. Buying in advance, at least you know.

I have seen presales of single autograph tickets too - SM tried that once with Jeri Ryan at a LFACC as some of you probably remember - but the initial question was about a package containing all autographs, or am I misunderstanding something?

But I haven't seen something like an "all autographs ticket" done before at larger events. Hotel Events like Massive Events does yes, those usually included all autographs. One of the most important reasons for it not Happening would probably be because it is hard to figure out a ticket price for that. I imagine if you calculate wrong your are limiting yourself to getting only a certain amount of guests.

If you only sell on the day everyone's chances are equal, no matter if you just saw the event posted in the papers the day before or booked out.

I've used the presales option myself at other Shows too and yeah, it's nice to know you're covered, at least most of the time. And you can stretch your buying over months, just like with the photo presales everyone does. But if you prefer flexibility then of course pre-booking isn't for you.

That's interesting. As I don't go to many shows I didn't know that some do offer that option, so I take what I said back! If it does work I agree with you, it does sound like it takes a lot of the pressure out of it. One thing I really hate about events these days is the need to get there earlier and earlier each time so it would be good knowing you had the tickets you wanted and could relax. They could even be batches released at different dates rather than all at once to allow everyone fair access.

However on the flip side as QS says at least this way everyone does have more or less the same chance. I wouldn't want it to turn into something similar to the big US events where (from what I've heard) all tickets sell out in the first 30 seconds and you have very little chance of getting one :smile:.

Based on what I witnessed in 2014, I have to say the guests do a sterling job of getting through as many as they can in the time they are in the autograph areas. Yes the queues can get long, but they are there a few times over the weekend and soon get through them, so long as you are prepared to wait a realistic amount of time - especially if you are after more than one autograph, time budgeting is essential.