Guinness World Record Attempt

gosh

is media 10 or showmasters going to organise an attempt for us Europeans to try and beat our world record for most costumes in one place ...... on the 50th year

What is the record as there is an event in the US and in the UK where they could challenge it without really trying, but not sure if the Guiness World Record people would want that type of event to hold the record :clap: so I guess they will not be challenging the record set last time :clap:

• Moderators

is media 10 or showmasters going to organise an attempt for us Europeans to try and beat our world record for most costumes in one place ...... on the 50th year

What is the record as there is an event in the US and in the UK where they could challenge it without really trying, but not sure if the Guiness World Record people would want that type of event to hold the record :clap: so I guess they will not be challenging the record set last time :clap:

I'm not sure what the record was but I believe last time it was attempted at the UK DST I don't think we came anywhere near

yes dstl have the record but nice to break it again in the 50th year.

break this The largest gathering of people dressed as Star Trek characters is 1,063 and was achieved by Media 10 Ltd (UK) at ExCel London, London, UK, on 20 October 2012...

• Moderators

break this The largest gathering of people dressed as Star Trek characters is 1,063 and was achieved by Media 10 Ltd (UK) at ExCel London, London, UK, on 20 October 2012...

I remember at the first one in 2012 when we broke the record, but it has been attempted since and we didn't beat it.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember at the first one in 2012 when we broke the record, but it has been attempted since and we didn't beat it.

I remember it too as I was crewing both years. Even I wouldn't mind properly participating in costume this time around. I haven't quite got the legs but tights were made for that ;)

Just out of interest what qualifies as 'in costume'? Does it just have to be any recognisable costume/character from Star Trek or is it Starfleet uniforms? Just wondering as during all the episodes and The Voyage Home they did go back to 80's/90's/2000 Earth a few times so technically anyone in street clothes is 'in costume' :whistling:

Edited by Raylenth

you have a good point lol.

what qualifies as a costume is decided by the person doing the judging of the costumes as trek or no trek .

our record was judged by richard arnold.

• Like 1