FAQ - never been to LFCC before and need help please

This is first time I have purchased tickets for London Film and Comic con and are a gift for my husband’s birthday. I have emailed a number of times but no reply so apologies for having to start a thread.

I don’t really understand a few things,

1 – why do I keep having to pay extra for E Tickets when the point of an E Ticket is that they are electronic tickets and therefore no printing costs are involved – I get sent an email and I print these myself. I had to pay for this when purchasing the tickets and I have today as an extra gift purchased another photo shoot and had to pay for E ticket again.. – soon I would have paid as much in E ticket cost as an entry fee ticket..

2 – There is no clear idea about the batches - when you will be called etc – I already have a diamond pass for one photo but the other (Michael Gambon) is Batch 5 am I to assume this will be in the afternoon of the day ? what happens if the batch number gets called and I am not there to hear it ? I do not really understand how it works and there is not a clear answer in your FAQ ?

3 – If we have prebooked photo shoot tickets – do we still need to queue for Virtual tickets ?

Appreciate your help with these questions... thanks..

This is first time I have purchased tickets for London Film and Comic con and are a gift for my husband’s birthday. I have emailed a number of times but no reply so apologies for having to start a thread.

1 – why do I keep having to pay extra for E Tickets when the point of an E Ticket is that they are electronic tickets and therefore no printing costs are involved – I get sent an email and I print these myself. I had to pay for this when purchasing the tickets and I have today as an extra gift purchased another photo shoot and had to pay for E ticket again.. – soon I would have paid as much in E ticket cost as an entry fee ticket..

With regard to No 1, all ticket companies charge a fee for booking whether it be for the theatre, a gig, the cinema ect these days - there isn't anything we can do about this unfortunately. The fee currently applies for each booking you make, so if you make a lot of separate purchases you have to pay the fee each time.

Unfortunately it really does come down to the fact that if you want to go to the show you pay the booking fee or you don't and you don't go. There is a 3rd option that you hope they have tickets for photo ops on sale on the day if they haven't sold out, but you run the risk of not getting one at all if the guest does sell out.

With regard to No 1, all ticket companies charge a fee for booking whether it be for the theatre, a gig, the cinema ect these days - there isn't anything we can do about this unfortunately. The fee currently applies for each booking you make, so if you make a lot of separate purchases you have to pay the fee each time.

Unfortunately it really does come down to the fact that if you want to go to the show you pay the booking fee or you don't and you don't go. There is a 3rd option that you hope they have tickets for photo ops on sale on the day if they haven't sold out, but you run the risk of not getting one at all if the guest does sell out.

you can add to that most sports venues, clubs and events, all of them charge a fee these days on ticket booking. Eventbrite are a seperate company from Showmasters, they aren't going to run the system for nothing, its how they make their money

Photo shoots happen in time slots of each person. For example: Colin Baker, starting at 10am finishing at 10:15 am in Photo area B.

You turn up at photo area B at 10am. Everyone joins the queue and they call out who is next. Gold goes first. Then old paper tickets in number order. Then electronic tickets with no numbers on. Then Batch One of electronic tickets. Then Batch Two. etc.

At any point after your batch has been called you can go in. However, you have to have your photo taken before the time slot is over.

Some guests who are busy will have two time slots. Often one in the morning and one in the afternoon. If you have a low number, you can go to the afternoon slot if you wish.